Pre-Game Talk: Philly vs Edmonton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
I don't even get much enjoyment out of the 'I told you so' with this team anymore... I was skeptical when we hired Hitch, but since we lost Klef we've honestly been even worse than I expected under him. I figured the offence would flounder even more, but was hoping the team defence would get together. Thus far, that hasn't been the case.

onetweasy

"That's just like, your opinion, man"
Oct 16, 2005
Bowling Alley
Dear God those lines why...

I really do not get the outrage of these lines......I mean I get the sickness that overcomes oneself when you soak up our collection of wingers but at this point Hitch has to try something other than rotating 29 or 93 on McDavid's wing.

Also, considering this is an 11am MST matinee against a team with 6 straight wins and we are coming off a long break.......well lets just say that these lines don't last more than 10 minutes.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
I don't even get much enjoyment out of the 'I told you so' with this team anymore... I was skeptical when we hired Hitch, but since we lost Klef we've honestly been even worse than I expected under him. I figured the offence would flounder even more, but was hoping the team defence would get together. Thus far, that hasn't been the case.

I wasn't a fan of the Hitchcock hiring for this team. We're not built to play the style he likes to coach. We need to go after Quenville this off season while adding more speed and skill to the wings.

Reactions: Aerrol

SaltNPeca

Jan 9, 2017
Köln
Also, who the **** are Arkells?
A - lways use precaution
R - ules must be followed
K - eep alert
E - ye protection must be worn
L - ift with your legs
L - eave your work area tidy
S - afety first

a.k.a. a rock band from Hamilton, ON.

Cool guys. I met them after a tiny Sunday night show in Cologne a few years back. They have a track on NHL '19.... anything else ask Google bud.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
I really do not get the outrage of these lines......I mean I get the sickness that overcomes oneself when you soak up our collection of wingers but at this point Hitch has to try something other than rotating 29 or 93 on McDavid's wing.

Also, considering this is an 11am MST matinee against a team with 6 straight wins and we are coming off a long break.......well lets just say that these lines don't last more than 10 minutes.

I mean, I suppose the definition of insanity is trying the same things over and over and expecting different results, but I feel like throwing two of our big three centres together on a line is really the only sane way to compete with other team's top lines. Plus as someone else said, Lucic-Brodziak-Kassian at least looked decent as a fourth line, if incredibly overpaid.

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
Spooner and JP should trade places. Makes more sense.

That being said, I don't even care about the bottom 6 players. I would just roll as follows:

Chiasson-McDavid-Draisaitl
Khaira-RNH-JP

32 games in a row. We are playing for next year most likely.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Am I the only one who hasn’t missed watching Oiler games since they’ve been on their break?

This could just be the most liked post remaining this season. haha. You hit a common feeling with this one.

What to make of the games upcoming? Who knows.

People make a lot about Philly winning 6 in a row but even with that they are tied in pts with us, they are out of the playoffs, and they know they have players like Simmonds that are likely to be TDL deals. Sometimes a team will kind of band together one last time before they part and I suspect that's a large part of whats going on in Philly. The wheels will fall off of that train before long. Anytime really.

But with the Oilers its the same thing. How many players really got on board. How many believe that the team has "all it needs to be successful" (lmao) I even wonder if Connor saying anybody that doesn't believe in this lineups chances of success getting out is kind of disruptive. Because it would probably be pretty normal to have doubts about this lineup. Part of the team is likely not as invested as Connor McD or Draisaitl.

So Saturday is basically a contest of which team can fool itself longer and which team accepts reality quicker.

That said it would be very Oilers like to string a few wins together after being well rested and then sink back again.

heh, this isn't a prediction, its a horrorscope..

Reactions: Aerrol

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Idk Sekera was a train wreck last season lol. Who knows, hopefully he can get that first step back.

It’s kinda like reading a murder mystery who done it book trying to figure out our line up. Klefbom is in, Klefbom is out, Sekera is taking drills, Sekera is still far away, Sekera needs conditioning .
Anyone else know how this turns out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad