Pre-Game Talk: Philly vs Edmonton

Status
Not open for further replies.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
So the Flyers have played 3 games since the break and they only had a 6 day break.
The Oilers on the other hand had an 11 day break and will have played zero games by the time Sat rolls around.

Without commenting on this asinine piece of scheduling by the NHL the chances of the Oilers winning that game have to be very very low.
Flyers also on a 6 game win streak, averaging 2 GAA in those games and 3.83 GFA. We will have to be strong defensively to stand a chance

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Flyers also on a 6 game win streak, averaging 2 GAA in those games and 3.83 GFA. We will have to be strong defensively to stand a chance

Strong defenisvly....I am not very confident of that happening right after an 11 day break.
I think the only way the Oilers have a chance to win this game is if Koskinen or Talbot stand on their head and Connor lights it up.

Last edited:
Reactions: CycloneSweep

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Flyers hottest team in the league w 6 Ws in a row.
Flyers played 3 recent games, no rust.
Oilers off for nearly 2 weeks. Rust.
Oilers playing early afternoon game.
Flyers playing rookie goalie Oilers never faced.
Lines will be in full blender mode by the 5th shift.

Guaranteed Loss. By a f***ing landslide.

Reactions: A91

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Flyers hottest team in the league w 6 Ws in a row.
Flyers played 3 recent games, no rust.
Oilers off for nearly 2 weeks. Rust.
Oilers playing early afternoon game.
Flyers playing rookie goalie Oilers never faced.
Lines will be in full blender mode by the 5th shift.

Guaranteed Loss. By a ****ing landslide.

Carter Hart is money, can't believe he was left at #48 in the 2016 draft.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Lucic boat anchors the first line, Rattie can't do much aside from finishing and touch around the net, first line will be ineffective.
Draisaitl hasn't proven he can carry his own line (STILL), Reider won't help him much, Chiasson is good but not good enough. Second line ineffective.
I'm liking Khaira's game recently, and Nuge is always good. But then Kassian doesn't have the offensive IQ or quickness, he boat anchors it. But it'll be against 3rd line competition hopefully, but still probably ineffective.
I don't see how this could work. These players won't gel, and that's all you really need for an effective 4th line. We had one kind of with Looch, Kass, and Brodziak. Don't know why we go away from the very little we have that works.

The D has Klef back, which puts alot of pieces in the right places. So were back to being borderline passable NHL quality D. But I like Kosko's chances behind that borderline D.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Sounds like Jesse hit him in the hand by accident.

I'd really love an update on Sekera. It sounded like his conditioning was terrible in Dec, but we're almost in
Feb. I expected to be playing on some level.

I think the organization is probably praying he's going to fail his medical.

They're going to need to clear some money to even activate him, and then be short a roster player for however long his conditioning stint will be down in the AHL.

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
Jesus Christ Ken. What are you doing with those lines.
It's been proven, over and over again, that McDavid and Draisaitl belong together, and this team is more successful when they are paired. We do not have the depth to play them on separate lines. We are, right now, a one line team. Milan Lucic is a bottom 6 player, Nuge is a 2nd line center. It is what it is

I give it one period, 2-0 Philly, then right back to McDavid Draisaitl. Then they'll mount a 'almost comeback' and come up just short. He's done this numerous times already, and it's costing them wins

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Man, I can't wait for this dinosaur to be gone after this season. I know that Hitchcock is/was a really good coach but this guy is poison to our team right now.
You've had a great career Hitch, now please retire and enjoy the rest of your life away from my team.

They might as well shut down Klef now to avoid any further "setbacks". I'm sick of seeing the word "setback" with this guy constantly.
I'd honestly package him in a bigger deal for a better defenseman. I'm sure there's some team out there that will find his contract desirable and pay a kings ransom, can't depend on this guy at all. Klefbom+Puljujarvi+1st, lets see what that can net. Maybe Provorov+?

Last edited:

Kaniac

Sep 11, 2018
Man, I can't wait for this dinosaur to be gone after this season. I know that Hitchcock is/was a really good coach but this guy is poison to our team right now.
You've had a great career Hitch, now please retire and enjoy the rest of your life away from my team.

They might as well shut down Klef now to avoid any further "setbacks". I'm sick of seeing the word "setback" with this guy constantly.
I'd honestly package him in a bigger deal for a better defenseman. I'm sure there's some team out there that will find his contract desirable and pay a kings ransom, can't depend on this guy at all.

I agree. I think his style is just too old school. I'm hoping they bring in a new age coach, someone with some new ideas and likes to play an quick offensive game. We don't have the defence to grind out 2-1 wins. We need to get McDavid/Drai/Nuge a winger or two and win games 5-4. I think it's the only way we can be successful.

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
Lucic boat anchors the first line, Rattie can't do much aside from finishing and touch around the net, first line will be ineffective.
Draisaitl hasn't proven he can carry his own line (STILL), Reider won't help him much, Chiasson is good but not good enough. Second line ineffective.
I'm liking Khaira's game recently, and Nuge is always good. But then Kassian doesn't have the offensive IQ or quickness, he boat anchors it. But it'll be against 3rd line competition hopefully, but still probably ineffective.
I don't see how this could work. These players won't gel, and that's all you really need for an effective 4th line. We had one kind of with Looch, Kass, and Brodziak. Don't know why we go away from the very little we have that works.

The D has Klef back, which puts alot of pieces in the right places. So were back to being borderline passable NHL quality D. But I like Kosko's chances behind that borderline D.

I actually like that third line. Kassian's speed and IQ (vision and playmaking I should say, he certainly does some dumb stuff) are underrated.

The other lines, do not like, at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad