Pre-Game Talk: Philly vs Edmonton

Status
Not open for further replies.

9GWG9

C=NV
Jul 13, 2007
Should have been running with McD, Dri and RNH down the middle and rolling 4 lines all year. Shift the odd winger around but eventually they should find some chemistry. When your trying to figure out how to play 2 or 3 players all game the minutes aren’t being spread around. But a pile of injuries and a couple of players not getting it together can force a coaches hand I suppose.

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
It’s kinda like reading a murder mystery who done it book trying to figure out our line up. Klefbom is in, Klefbom is out, Sekera is taking drills, Sekera is still far away, Sekera needs conditioning .
Anyone else know how this turns out?

Manning-Larsson.

Somehow.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Its very Edmonton-like that a 3 day snowstorm that is dumping mounds of snow on us and stopping some alternate activity is contriving to make us more of a fixed audience for the games this weekend. Its kind of miserable out there. Yesterday was cold as it was very humid, raining, snowing, severe temp drops in the same day. Oh well, its watch the game or shovel snow again. Not sure which will be more fun.

play safe out there and always wear your helmet..

Reactions: space321

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Its very Edmonton-like that a 3 day snowstorm that is dumping mounds of snow on us and stopping some alternate activity is contriving to make me more of a fixed audience for the games this weekend. Its kind of miserable out there. Yesterday was cold as it was very humid, raining, snowing, temp drops in the same day. Oh well, its watch the game or shovel snow again. Not sure which will be more fun.

I'd rather shovel snow if Klefbom is out

9GWG9

C=NV
Jul 13, 2007
Shoveling snow and watching the oilers are the same thing....

They can both break you heart.

Reactions: Duke74

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

I think we've had this conversation before, heh.

I'm a real winter person but yesterdays rain/snow blizzard took some wind out of my sails. My snowshoes should be coming in handy anyway. Just to go to the store..

I'm stocked up on all essentials and booze so that's good..

Reactions: McDrai

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Should have been running with McD, Dri and RNH down the middle and rolling 4 lines all year. Shift the odd winger around but eventually they should find some chemistry. When your trying to figure out how to play 2 or 3 players all game the minutes aren’t being spread around. But a pile of injuries and a couple of players not getting it together can force a coaches hand I suppose.

Thats a solid trio of centres for sure but the team just doesnt have the quality depth on the wing to do that.
I think they pretty much have to play McDavid and Draisaitl on the same line and try to find a 2nd line that works and will take some of the scoring pressure off of the 1st line.
I just wish that Hitch would stick to something long enough to actually see if it has a chance to work.

Last edited:

Kaniac

Sep 11, 2018
It’s kinda like reading a murder mystery who done it book trying to figure out our line up. Klefbom is in, Klefbom is out, Sekera is taking drills, Sekera is still far away, Sekera needs conditioning .
Anyone else know how this turns out?
No shit eh? Give me numbers! We need details!!

Reactions: Oilers in NS

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Thats a solid trio of centres for sure but the team just doesnt have the quality depth on the wing to do that.
I think they pretty much have to play McDavid and Draisaitl on the same line and try to find a 2nd line that works and will take some of the scoring pressure off of the 1st line.
I just wish that Hitch would stick to something long enough to actually see if it has a chance to work.
I think he likely forgets what he did last game every time. Never seen so much line blending.
And he can't write anything down as his hands are glued into his pockets.

Shathar

Jul 23, 2009
Moncton, New Brunswi

Drai is McDavid's winger. It's not his fault, or the universe's fault, that they paid him to centre his own line. it is what it is.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I think he likely forgets what he did last game every time. Never seen so much line blending.
And he can't write anything down as his hands are glued into his pockets.

I dont know what the reason is but I hope it stops. :nod:

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Drai is McDavid's winger. It's not his fault, or the universe's fault, that they paid him to centre his own line. it is what it is.

I agree for now. Draisaitl showed that he can centre his own line and do a great job of it but this team needs more depth for it to have any chance of working again.

Reactions: Duke74 and Oilhawks

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008

No kidding, it's maddening. And they complained about the McBlender!

Reactions: guymez

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Lucic boat anchors the first line, Rattie can't do much aside from finishing and touch around the net, first line will be ineffective.
Draisaitl hasn't proven he can carry his own line (STILL), Reider won't help him much, Chiasson is good but not good enough. Second line ineffective.
I'm liking Khaira's game recently, and Nuge is always good. But then Kassian doesn't have the offensive IQ or quickness, he boat anchors it. But it'll be against 3rd line competition hopefully, but still probably ineffective.
I don't see how this could work. These players won't gel, and that's all you really need for an effective 4th line. We had one kind of with Looch, Kass, and Brodziak. Don't know why we go away from the very little we have that works.

The D has Klef back, which puts alot of pieces in the right places. So were back to being borderline passable NHL quality D. But I like Kosko's chances behind that borderline D.

I like how lines 1 and 3 aren't going to be effective because the wingers aren't good enough. But line 2 wont be effective enough because Draisaitl can't carry his own line.

Reactions: Duke74

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017

Too cold to snow. I’m in NS and it’s been cold here. Not Chicago cold, but cold . Going above 5 Tuesday.
The problem here, -10 here is like -25 in Alberta. Dampness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad