Not open for further replies.

McBeastMode

Dec 29, 2012
Beside my neighbor..
Outcome of tomorrows game...

iR52oMS.jpg

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
I like how lines 1 and 3 aren't going to be effective because the wingers aren't good enough. But line 2 wont be effective enough because Draisaitl can't carry his own line.

But Nuge is always great!

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I like how lines 1 and 3 aren't going to be effective because the wingers aren't good enough. But line 2 wont be effective enough because Draisaitl can't carry his own line.

Just look at how he phrased it, "Reider isn't going to help him much" and "Chiasson isn't good enough". Well, that's why Draisaitl hasn't proven that he can carry a line yet. It's pretty simple.

Furthermore, McDavid hasn't ever had to carry his own line so can we also say that McDavid hasn't proven that he can carry his own line yet when he's always had a highly skilled winger on his line?

Reactions: space321

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting
I actually like the lines.

Yeah they're mostly composed of garbage, but atleast that's how I'd arrange the garbage.

I'm not loving the lineup card. The Colby Cave late addition and the Manning addition were parting shots by an ahole manager. Those can't possibly be honest acquisitions. That the team fired Chia and is still going with rejects like this is surreal.

Plus I've defended Rieder lots, and he has 9pts. but he hasn't scored all season. Seems like the beautiful goal in Cologne was some sort of curse. Chiasson has cooled down as well. This is really 4 pretty garbage lines.

The funny thing is Draisaitl, one of the very best players in the league is playing with two guys with a combined 33pts. Could be worse I guess in this Oilers lineup.

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting
Shoveling 6inches of snow GDT report and doing the neighbors walks and driveways as well;

Snow is nice and dry so it performed well in being tossed in any available 6ft hill of snow. Wind died down which was pleasant as thrown snow wasn't flying back in my face too much. Snow somewhat weighty though and required lots of scooping and throwing snow. Not much pushing this accumulation. The snow had numbers back and wasn't allowing any easy advances to goal. Much effort was required, grit, sweat, back and arm heft to solve this formidable snow.

But that was just the first period. I'm sitting here typing this and the snow has gathered up its efforts for another key pushback in the 2nd period. If this goes into OT I'm sunk..I feel like McDrai carrying the weight.

Judging from road conditions I'm stuck like the Oilers, no help is arriving and the drive home for people promises to be another nightmare. At least people I like will have their drives and walks done.

Last edited:

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014

Connor out here coaching the coaching staff.
Love it :laugh:

I love hearing this - you hear similar stories from other great players around the league. Tavares and Crosby in particular are known for drawing up plays on the bench, for instance.

Reactions: McD97

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting
Nice of you to shovel your neighbours walks and driveway.

That's the only positive pre-GD thought I can think of haha.

Always do because I'm physically able to still, and happy to do it. Times like these I just do it instead of going for a workout and its a pretty good workout haha.

Living in these climates and country people that can should do things for people that can't. Just a natural thought that occurs with me and hopefully people pay it forward which they do in their own way. Plus I LOVE the outdoors all year round and most people hate winter. I actually enjoy it. Good snowshoeing weather out there.

Trying to convince the wife to go to Flying Canoe festival tonight but she's less gungho.. Anybody hearty though check it out, its a great event;

https://www.flyingcanoevolant.ca/

Dress warm though.

Reactions: McNuge and Aerrol

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
I love hearing this - you hear similar stories from other great players around the league. Tavares and Crosby in particular are known for drawing up plays on the bench, for instance.

i hope it involves everyone else being a decoy/blocker and mcdavid handling the puck 90% of the shift, thats the best gameplan

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
i hope it involves everyone else being a decoy/blocker and mcdavid handling the puck 90% of the shift, thats the best gameplan

I suspect it probably involves Rattie getting open for a shot at least, lol.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Pretty sure McDavid did this last year on the PP and they scored.

Reactions: Aerrol

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I could see him bein an amazing coach after he retires.
Tough to say. It's one thing for him to draw something up as he is going to be the one actually doing the work. However can he draw things up for others that are less skilled?

Was the issue Gretzky had. Couldn't figure out that guys don't see the game the way he does.

Reactions: Oilhawks

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I'm not loving the lineup card. The Colby Cave late addition and the Manning addition were parting shots by an ahole manager. Those can't possibly be honest acquisitions. That the team fired Chia and is still going with rejects like this is surreal.

Plus I've defended Rieder lots, and he has 9pts. but he hasn't scored all season. Seems like the beautiful goal in Cologne was some sort of curse. Chiasson has cooled down as well. This is really 4 pretty garbage lines.

The funny thing is Draisaitl, one of the very best players in the league is playing with two guys with a combined 33pts. Could be worse I guess in this Oilers lineup.
Connor McDavid. THE best player in the league is playing with two guys with a combined 20 points.

Reactions: Aerrol

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Connor McDavid. THE best player in the league is playing with two guys with a combined 20 points.
Chia could not have assembled a worse roster to play with McDavid without looking completely like he was working for the rest of the league. But he got as close as he could to doing it.

Reactions: TB12

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
You have to think chia has a plum job lined up at nhl head office for his work propping up teetering american markets in nyi, nj and dallas.
Does he even take another job while under contract with us? Can't see him getting any job remotely close to the money he's getting here. Maybe if he's allowed he goes on TV or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->