GDT: Philly vs. Blues | 7pm CST ESPN+ & Hulu

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
Saying that he’s saved more goals than expected is spreading nonsense because it is quite literally untrue. Goals above expected takes defense into consideration and even behind the Blues’ bad defense, Binnington has been worse than what an average goalie would do.
Ah, so you think I'm spreading nonsense because you believe I said something I didn't say.

I never said he had a positive GSAA this year. I did say this is the first year he's been negative in that statistic, which does coincide with the team's bad defensive play.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Permission denied, new orders, 4 more beers. chug.
1648172381794.gif

Reactions: Puck Luck

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Yes, both can be true. I never once said that Binnington has been great and the team is all to blame. The team has been bad defensively and Binnington hasn't played well. Given the historic evidence, Binnington's play has gone down with the team's inability to play defense. Almost, as if, this season has proven that Binnington doesn't play well in a God-awful defensive system.

Funny how my initial statement covered both of these points.
i wasn't trying to contradict you, my friend. sorry if it came across that way.

Dr Robot

Nov 3, 2011
So Bortuzzo had a guys stick around his waist and got spun around because of it but that gets called a penalty on Schenn?

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
I can’t remember the last time we had a 4-on-3 but it seems like we have to kill one a week.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Dominant period. Should be tied if not for another horrific goal against.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad