GDT: Philly vs. Blues | 7pm CST ESPN+ & Hulu

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
that pretty much sums up the attention the players are giving this game. Don't see the puck rolling past your goalie.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
I've seen that same goal against every goalie I've ever watched, You have a defender right next to him that barely even attempted to grab the puck from rolling in.

Reactions: Xerloris

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
Well the Blues I guess won’t have a 1st round pick when they package it to trade Binnington

Zezel’s Pretzels

May 25, 2019
Look, we have seen the great, and we have seen the bad. Can Chief get this team to focus consistently? If yes, we can make noise in the playoffs.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
How is addressing that Binnington has looked bad in a bad defensive system spreading nonesense? That's exactly what's happened. all throughout this year, he's played in a bottom-third defensive system. Coincidentally, this is the first year in which he's been negative in expected saves. You can't even say he's been bad this year given he played well up until late December/early January. I have no problem saying that Binnington hasn't played well, but it's more than reasonable to think that the team's piss-poor defense is more to blame.

Hell, looking at Husso backs that up more. He's had to play at a Vezina caliber level to keep this team winning.
Saying that he’s saved more goals than expected is spreading nonsense because it is quite literally untrue. Goals above expected takes defense into consideration and even behind the Blues’ bad defense, Binnington has been worse than what an average goalie would do.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Look, we have seen the great, and we have seen the bad. Can Chief get this team to focus consistently? If yes, we can make noise in the playoffs.
Nope.

You are who you are.

You don't become someone you aren't during the playoffs.

The Blues get into terrible habits. Many are simply just being lazy or mentally unfocused. I've seen WAY too many games this season where this group is completely satisfied with going 10 minutes or more without a shot on goal.

Other teams will take them apart in the playoffs.

I know the bind and faithful will swoop in and claim that these are "sky is falling" drama sessions. Nope.

I've watched nearly every game. This team is inconsistent and completely okay with coasting.

We may win this game, but the BAD habits are there and not going away.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Nope.

You are who you are.

You don't become someone you aren't during the playoffs.

The Blues get into terrible habits. Many are simply just being lazy or mentally unfocused. I've seen WAY too many games this season where this group is completely satisfied with going 10 minutes or more without a shot on goal.

Other team's will take them apart in the playoffs.

I know the bind and faithful will swoop in and claim that these are "sky is falling" drama sessions. Nope.

I've watched nearly every game. This team is inconsistent and completely okay with coasting.
I though you said you were out?

Reactions: BlueMed

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad