Post-Game Talk: Philly @ The Washington Anthony Manthanys | 7p ET | NBCSW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
He paid a pick to get out of his own cap trouble on the Panik contract, and changing Vrana for Mantha doesn't save them any cap space. The salary cap angle on the trade is not one that should paint GMBM favorably.
How the fact Panik's signed by GMBM changes the fact GMBM cleared the problem with cap space after sending Panik away? Panik was a problem and GMBM identified it and fixed.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
How the fact Panik's signed by GMBM changes the fact GMBM cleared the problem with cap space after sending Panik away? Panik was a problem and GMBM identified it and fixed.
If I get an overdraft fee from my bank for overdrawing my checking account, I don't get a congraulations for paying that overdraft fee. GMBM doesn't score points for paying draft picks to get out of a bad contract that he signed

Reactions: troyerlaw

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
This! GM’s who are aggressive are going to make mistakes. I’m OK with that. Done a lot more good than bad. And yes, he identified it and fixed it.

And again, as a reminder, many pundits thought that was THE signing in 2019 Free agency period. Had to do 4 years to get him at 2.75 as it was speculated he could have gotten more on a shorter contract. At the time it was a shrewd signing. Just didn’t work.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
This! GM’s who are aggressive are going to make mistakes. I’m OK with that. Done a lot more good than bad. And yes, he identified it and fixed it.

And again, as a reminder, many pundits thought that was THE signing in 2019 Free agency period. Had to do 4 years to get him at 2.75 as it was speculated he could have gotten more on a shorter contract. At the time it was a shrewd signing. Just didn’t work.

Interesting, I was thinking of of Eaking and pick for Ribeiro. That ended up being a dud for us along with many GMGM moves that rewarded McPhee but were awful for the team. Nice to be in 2021! Not sure why I was pondering the Ribeiro trade today. Bored day at work I guess.

Reactions: troyerlaw

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
If I get an overdraft fee from my bank for overdrawing my checking account, I don't get a congraulations for paying that overdraft fee. GMBM doesn't score points for paying draft picks to get out of a bad contract that he signed
Yes. He does, especially when the pandemic f***s up the cap unexpectedly. He acknowledged the mistake and solved the problems rather than letting it fester.

You could not pay the overdraft fee and insist it wasn’t really your fault until you owe $100. Making good choices in the face of challenges is praise-worthy.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Interesting, I was thinking of of Eaking and pick for Ribeiro. That ended up being a dud for us along with many GMGM moves that rewarded McPhee but were awful for the team. Nice to be in 2021! Not sure why I was pondering the Ribeiro trade today. Bored day at work I guess.
The Ribeiro trade was pretty darn successful for Washington. It was a victim of it's own success, with Ribeiro pricing himself out of signing back with the Capitals. He imploded after he left Washington, but that doesn't change that GMGM addressed the 2C slot for the first time since Fedorov in the Ovie era and that Ribs basically carried the team for the first half of that (shortened) season.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Yes. He does, especially when the pandemic f***s up the cap unexpectedly. He acknowledged the mistake and solved the problems rather than letting it fester.

You could not pay the overdraft fee and insist it wasn’t really your fault until you owe $100. Making good choices in the face of challenges is praise-worthy.

Y'all are seriously lining up to pat GMBM in the back for costing the franchise a 1st round pick. Absurd.

Reactions: 895

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Might as well rack up some goals for fun the next two games before it gets serious. Have some fun Caps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad