Player Discussion Phillip Danault - Damn-oh ! Edition

During this 2018/2019 season where should be playing Phillip Danault?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
The Reason we didn't make the playoffs is because of the PP , and guess what , Danault wasn't a part of it ." And you're blind if you don't see that ":sarcasm:
the PP, the lack of star power, the left side of D, Niemi...

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
Danault doesn't get any hate. Link to hate posts please.
I won't waste time doing that, you can do that yourself... but if you only want one link, just go see all of Mrb1p posts about him... hating a player is wanting to trade him for no reason, replace him with rookies or believing he's a cap dump in trades... yep, he's hated.

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
I won't waste time doing that, you can do that yourself... but if you only want one link, just go see all of Mrb1p posts about him... hating a player is wanting to trade him for no reason, replace him with rookies or believing he's a cap dump in trades... yep, he's hated.

So you are amazed at how hated Danault is by one poster?

Frankly I hope Danault is made redundant by a top 3 C of KK, Domi and Poehling. Not that I don’t like him, but it means we have hit on two young players. He would fetch a good return especially if he has a repeat season, which seems likely.

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
For people that have no clue or don't really understand the game of hockey a guy like Danault will always be a mystery...

Who are these people and explain what you actually mean.

This is just non-specific shade at hater types which is supposed to make you look knowledgeable.

Put some substance in your posts.

Reactions: Andrei79

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada

I wont cause there's no hate toward Danault. There's just people saying he should not be our most used center.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Danault is a great 3rd line C who can fill in on the 2nd line and do admirably. But he is limited offensively. Not bad, just limited. I don't think he's the dimension that the 2nd line needs. He's not the guy who is going to get Drouin going, for example. And if you consistently play him like a 2nd line C, and you give him the icetime that he gets, well don't be shocked when he turns around and asks for the money of a 2nd line C, which is starting to look like $6-7 mil per year.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Who are these people and explain what you actually mean.

This is just non-specific shade at hater types which is supposed to make you look knowledgeable.

Put some substance in your posts.
Bro, just your post before this post!

You want to trade Danault cuz he's redundant apparently.

Domi and KK are miles away of Danault's defensive game!

And the thing with Danault is that even if he's not extremely skilled or amazingly gifted with offensive tools, he's not hindering offense.

His wingers are producing!

They say he's profiting from his wingers but when you look at his deployment and the opposition this guy faces game after game you can realize if you have any logic that it's not his wingers that make him produce but actually the other way around.

Reactions: Habs Icing

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
Bro, just your post before this post!

You want to trade Danault cuz he's redundant apparently.

Domi and KK are miles away of Danault's defensive game!

And the thing with Danault is that even if he's not extremely skilled or amazingly gifted with offensive tools, he's not hindering offense.

His wingers are producing!

They say he's profiting from his wingers but when you look at his deployment and the opposition this guy faces game after game you can realize if you have any logic that it's not his wingers that make him produce but actually the other way around.

I said I hope they make him redundant. Do you not see the difference?

Quite my actual words. Don’t paraphrase.

Don’t tell my what “they” say without identifying “they”. It’s intellectually lazy and

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
BTW just to be clear i don't mind arguing about hockey. That's why i post here. What i hate is people saying we hate Danault just for questioning his usage. It has nothing to do with hate. People saying i have no clue for expressing my opinion. I firmly believe we wont win with Danault as our most used center. Some people say he is a stop gap. There's nothing proving that. Plekanec was a stop gap for 10 years. At one point as a organization you have to make a move. Try to win or rebuild. We sheltered Kotkaniemi last year. Fine. There's no reason to shelter a 3rd overall pick more than a year. Either he got it or not. If he doesn't have it it's not an excuse to use Danault as our most used center. I'm not a GM. My job is not to find solution. MB is paid millions every year to find solution.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
.... Great post ...

There's nothing else to say honestly... The guy is doing his job amazingly and people like you keep questioning him for no reason...

I said I hope they make him redundant. Do you not see the difference?

Quite my actual words. Don’t paraphrase.

Don’t tell my what “they” say without identifying “they”. It’s intellectually lazy and

The whole vibe of your post was Danault is just not that good and we need to get rid of him... Did I misinterpret your post once again?

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
There's nothing else to say honestly... The guy is doing his job amazingly and people like you keep questioning him for no reason...

The whole vibe of your post was Danault is just not that good and we need to get rid of him... Did I misinterpret your post once again?

Yes. The vibe of my post was that I hope LK and RP are wild successes at C. I said I like him, and I expect him to have another good season. How do you parse negativity from that? Again, quite my actual words and explain your thought process.

From now on quote me.

Do you agree that I didn’t say he is redundant and that was a complete misinterpretation on your part?

Please amend your original post to reflect your error. I don’t want you speaking for me and I trust you have the decency to do the right thing.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
BTW just to be clear i don't mind arguing about hockey. That's why i post here. What i hate is people saying we hate Danault just for questioning his usage. It has nothing to do with hate. People saying i have no clue for expressing my opinion. I firmly believe we wont win with Danault as our most used center. Some people say he is a stop gap. There's nothing proving that. Plekanec was a stop gap for 10 years. At one point as a organization you have to make a move. Try to win or rebuild. We sheltered Kotkaniemi last year. Fine. There's no reason to shelter a 3rd overall pick more than a year. Either he got it or not. If he doesn't have it it's not an excuse to use Danault as our most used center. I'm not a GM. My job is not to find solution. MB is paid millions every year to find solution.
Kotka will be 19 years old this year! What are you talking about man...

No one expected him to stick with the team last year!

And now you want to give him the first center spot? Come on...

That's why I hate all this talk, the job Danault is doing and Pleknec did for years is severely underappreciated by the fanbase!

Bergeron,Crosby,Tavares and company would eat alive Kotka!

Danault finished the season with a +17 while doing the dirty job!

Wake up man...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad