Player Discussion Phillip Danault - Damn-oh ! Edition

During this 2018/2019 season where should be playing Phillip Danault?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
TB have no reasons and no needs to trade Sergachev. They have 4 vets d-men to unload within a few seasons. They need to keep their young d-men, especially Sergachev.

It's hard to find a blue chip top 4 d prospect that's available. Since we have Domi, KK, and Danault, I'm willing to trade Poehling for one.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
As much as I like Danault, I'd like a little more offense for Gally and Tatar. So would at least like to see it tried.

Plus Danault is always effective with Byron, Lehkonen, and Shaw, so the 3rd line could still be productive.

Since I found Drouin-Domi-Byron too small and unable to protect the puck in the o-zone, I'd actually try:

Tatar Domi Gallagher
Drouin Kotka Byron
Lehkonen Danault Shaw
Doesn't look bad at all.

Jul 6, 2016
As much as I like Danault, I'd like a little more offense for Gally and Tatar. So would at least like to see it tried.

Plus Danault is always effective with Byron, Lehkonen, and Shaw, so the 3rd line could still be productive.

Since I found Drouin-Domi-Byron too small and unable to protect the puck in the o-zone, I'd actually try:

Tatar Domi Gallagher
Drouin Kotka Byron
Lehkonen Danault Shaw

Kotka is not ready to play the minutes Danault is playing right now at this early stage of his career. When folks here will understand that simple fact....

But I am all for splitting Domi and Drouin for a while.

Reactions: cphabs

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Kotka is not ready to play the minutes Danault is playing right now at this early stage of his career. When folks here will understand that simple fact....

yes, i understand that you might be right...I'm still ready to try it because since we're tyring to win now, I think we need to get to another level and this might do it. If not now, maybe in a couple months. Kotkaniemi is mature for his age and a quick learner, although I know he may not be ready, I'm not writing off the possibility that he is.

imo, his poise with the puck is a big reason the 2nd unit of the pp is better than first recently - he should be on the half wall or even the point (as Pierre McGuire suggests) if he's going to be on the first unit.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
You have to give to get. If the Dman coming over is only a couple years older than Poehling (who's about to turn 20 now) or the same age, I'm ok with trading Poehling. Sort of like the Sergachev-Drouin swap.

But no way do I give up Poehling for a Jake Muzzin...
Olafsson for Muzzin is as far as I’m going on that one.

I like our prospect centre depth of Kotka, Suzuki and Poehling......makes Olafsson expendable if a Muzzin comes available

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Olafsson for Muzzin is as far as I’m going on that one.

I like our prospect centre depth of Kotka, Suzuki and Poehling......makes Olafsson expendable if a Muzzin comes available

Olofsson and who? No way LA does an even swap.

Maybe Olofsson at C and Olofsson at LD from our Laval team when he recovers from his most recent injury?

Two Olfssons for the price of one Muzzin?

I'm kidding of course, but LA will want something solid in return for Muzzin. I wouldn't pony up for him.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012

Took me a while LOL

Karma Police

Sep 28, 2017
Danault Manhandled a guy 4 inch and 25 pounds heavier than him like he was nothing. Ekblad is a joke

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

Dangerous trip my ass, what a pathetic decision.

Are they talking about the body slam by little Danault? Eckblad is a joke.

Well...let me be the first to say, well deserve cause it was dangerous as hell, but it wasn't for the bodyslam during the fight, if you look at the vids in the following tweet (at around 13 sec. for the different point of view), Danault slew foot the shit out of Ekblad. Not something i would like to see happening to any Habs .

Reactions: cphabs

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Watching bits and pieces of the game tonight but I thought I would just come here and say that I am starting to get annoyed with Habs fans who keep saying that Phil Danault is properly a 3rd or 4th line player.

I don't see why we need to keep denying that he can maintain second line level play; he's on his third season of doing so.

Now, of course I would love to have a second line center pivoting my third line and this may well happen really soon, but I think Danault deserves a bit more love around here.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Watching bits and pieces of the game tonight but I thought I would just come here and say that I am starting to get annoyed with Habs fans who keep saying that Phil Danault is properly a 3rd or 4th line player.

I don't see why we need to keep denying that he can maintain second line level play; he's on his third season of doing so.

Now, of course I would love to have a second line center pivoting my third line and this may well happen really soon, but I think Danault deserves a bit more love around here.
Producing is the main concern of this debates.

frapp10

Feb 21, 2015
25 points in 38 games. That’s on pace for slightly over 50 points in his 3rd season. I have to say I’m impressed

Reactions: Vachon23
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad