Recalled/Assigned: Phillip Broberg recalled...

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
We need another solid top 4 guy and one on an ELC is a huge asset to have on a team like ours. Good on Zegras for playing well, that said we didn't draft Zegras, so I don't lump the two together. That said he has been solid enough for us playing a more difficult position during a major time of need. Remember when people were propping up Ty Smith and Dobson over Bouchard? Just because a player gets the jump on another's NHL career doesn't mean that they will always be the superior player.

I agree 100% we need a cost controlled top 4 LD asap. Someone to push Keith down the lineup asap. From what I was hearing about Brobergs play in the AHL I was pretty excited he might be able to do that this year.

Just from what Ive seen, Broberg isnt likely getting there this year in the NHL, and really still has not shown enough to even say for sure he ever will. To be clear, its still likely he ends up a top 4 LD but he hasn't shown enough in the NHL yet to say that definitively, nor does he need to at his age/development. Get him back to the AHL asap.

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta
No excuses, just trying to judge the play of an individual in a team sport.

That's not bad considering how shitty we've been playing lately IMO.

Lagesson absolutely should not play top 6 over Broberg right now. I get the argument for Niemelainen, but Lagesson is an AHL player and a guy that I'd probably walk away from if he's a FA at seasons end.
Have you got caught up in the trees?
is it not time for both brujuuberry and Nemo to g0 back to Mr Manson and work on all that they have learned.?
Lags can fill in the short term.
Really mr. referee you goal is too win the next game?

Last edited:

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I agree 100% we need a cost controlled top 4 LD asap. Someone to push Keith down the lineup asap. From what I was hearing about Brobergs play in the AHL I was pretty excited he might be able to do that this year.

Just from what Ive seen, Broberg isnt likely getting there this year in the NHL, and really still has not shown enough to even say for sure he ever will. To be clear, its still likely he ends up a top 4 LD but he hasn't shown enough in the NHL yet to say that definitively, nor does he need to at his age/development. Get him back to the AHL asap.

He is night and day better than he was in preseason. When you are talking about a player as young as Broberg is and as inexperienced in NA hockey tossing timelines at them is a fool's bet. He could play 10-15 more games down there and be vastly improved or he could take a step back.

Have you got caught up in the trees?
is it not time for both brujuuberry and Nemo to g0 back to Mr Manson and work on all that they have learned.?
Lags can fill in the short term.

Wtf is that supposed to mean?

Lagesson cannot fill in or we will be stuck with Russell and/or Koekkoek in the line-up on a daily basis.

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta
He is night and day better than he was in preseason. When you are talking about a player as young as Broberg is and as inexperienced in NA hockey tossing timelines at them is a fool's bet. He could play 10-15 more games down there and be vastly improved or he could take a step back.

Wtf is that supposed to mean?

Lagesson cannot fill in or we will be stuck with Russell and/or Koekkoek in the line-up on a daily basis.
ur so short term!

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
If we are going to compete for a cup this season or next we will need at least 1 more impact defenseman. Who has a better chance of being that player between Broberg, Russell and Koekkoek?

I like Lag more than all those from his NHL play overall, albeit Lags has not shown as well as hoped this year.

For the end of the season/next I have always been thinking Samourukov has a much better chance of being the type of impact defender we need.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
I like Lag more than all those from his NHL play overall, albeit Lags has not shown as well as hoped this year.

For the end of the season/next I have always been thinking Samourukov has a much better chance of being the type of impact defender we need.
I think if Samo didnt end up with a broken jaw in pre season, he would already be up and playing well.

Reactions: Aerchon

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Those are just goals scored on high danger chances.

Every scoring chance is recorded even if it ends up a goal.
Any evidence to support this? Doesn’t specify in their definition. I’ve been told the opposite before.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad