OT: Phillies: I'm Starting To Think Our Bank Accounts Are Frozen: Offseason Part Two

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Obviously not solid sources then since well it hasn’t happened. So either the sources aren’t actually solid or it’s made up.
But that's silly. Again, maybe you don't know how journalism works. These guys are using their sources that they trust. While there are certainly people who may make stuff up or count the ticket taker at CBP as a trusted source, by and large these sources are people that would at least appear to have access to the information. Of course these people may be lying to the reporter(s) but you are a bad journalist if you don't report things you hear. And simply because the reports have been ongoing doesn't mean the info is bad or unreliable. This is a fluid situation. A month ago they may have been close and something happened. It is absurd to think that Harper has had no discussions with anyone about what he prefers or what he is looking for and that he hasn't been close at all with any team during this whole process. You might be mad it is taking too long and don't want to get your hopes up, but it isn't the reporter(s) fault for giving you information.

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
seems that everyone is expecting him to be announced here tomorrow...which means he is returning to the Nats

Reactions: Rebels57

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
maybe expected was wrong..just first thing that popped into my head..speculated he is signing ..i just want it over lol

wonder if he does sign..does the team trade an OF'er or do they carry 5 or will one stick in the minors

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
seems that everyone is expecting him to be announced here tomorrow...which means he is returning to the Nats

I've seen a lot saying it may not --- could be weeks.

Heck, Arietta took well into March to sign and these guys are looking to be the highest paid players ever. Could wait a loooong time.

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
I'm not sure when this deal goes through, but at this point, I'm starting to actually believe Harper is coming here.

Honestly, I believe the deal was verbally completed last thursday, Harper celebrated the weekend. Then he Flew today and I believe is having dinner with the owner. He will take his physical, sign his contract and a press conference will be this week.

Phillies First game is Friday, Saturday first TV game.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Honestly, I believe the deal was verbally completed last thursday, Harper celebrated the weekend. Then he Flew today and I believe is having dinner with the owner. He will take his physical, sign his contract and a press conference will be this week.

Phillies First game is Friday, Saturday first TV game.

Private jet from Vegas to Clearwater.. it's either Bryce or Phillies execs... Or both. Right?

FB_IMG_1550455602165.jpg

Reactions: Jtown

Yultron

Apr 18, 2017
If the Phillies sign Harper which they will and I won’t be surprised if it happens today or tomorrow (I have been waiting all offseason to wake up too the article where it says “Phillies sign Bryce Harper” and we are 90% of the way there with the other 10% as the finishing touches .

We knew this was the most Important offseason maybe even in franchise history . We knew the division was going to be really really tough with the Nationals adding Patrick Corbin , Yan Gomes, Brian Dozier and Anibal Sanchez they got stronger , The Braves got stronger with Josh Donaldson and Brian McCann, and the New York Mets got stronger with there new aggressive and bold GM Brody Van Wagenen trading for Robinson Cano and arguably the best closer in baseball in Edwin Diaz , and going out and Signing Wilson Ramos ,Jed Lowrie , Justin Wilson and bringing back Familia plus the imminent arrival of Peter Alonso who led the Minors in home runs last year makes them a legit playoff threat. With all of those moves and even before the Phillies acquired Realmuto I had them 4th in the division with 84 wins

Back in October , if you had told me the Phillies were going to add Jean Segura , Andrew McCutchen , David Robertson , Jose Alvarez , James Pazos , and THE CROWN JEWELS of this offseason In JT Realmuto and look I know a lot of us are upset we traded Sixto Sanchez and I was too but Realmuto is the best Catcher is baseball , is only in his age 28 season , can do it all, hit , steal bases , throw out runners , hit for contact etc, Sanchez is one injury away from a move to the bullpen and if he got hurt this season he really would of lost his value so the Phillies trading him was absolutely the right call. Players like Realmuto don’t come around too often and we still have a good farm system with Alec Bohm, Adam Haseley , Mickey Moniak, Luis Garcia , Adonis Medina etc Realmuto moving into a hitters ballpark could be an MVP candidate with his hitting numbers only going to improve moving away from Marlins Park as he has owned the best road stats the last two seasons .

And the biggest prize of the offseason is the prize we are about too land in Bryce Harper who I wanted this whole time over Machado. With Harper moving into Citezens Bank park unless negotiations colapse which they won’t as Boras and the Phillies have a great working relationship . I think Harper can hit 50 home runs next season and is the player we have been starving for for a very long long time . And in my view the Yankees had the best 1-2 punch in baseball with Judge and Stanton hitting 3-4. But the Phillies are about too have the best 3-5 punch in all of baseball like this with

3. JT Realmuto
4. Bryce Harper
5. Rhys Hoskins

FORGET ABOUT IT

Once the Harper signing goes through Matt Klentak will get an A+ this off-season and will be in the clubhouse for Executive Of The Year. I think we are now by far the favorites in the NL East and as long as we can stay healthy I fully expect this team to win 90 - 95 games and I fully expect the Pitchimg Staff to only get better and I strongely believe our new pitching coach Chris Young who got promoted after Kranitz got fired is going to do wonders for this pitching staff and don’t be surprised if we add another starter and potentially even Dallas Keuchel getting a contract similar to Arrietas situation last year because we know he won’t get that 5 year contract and even after Harper signs we will still have stupid money to spend .

I have never been so excited to be a baseball fan before and I hope Kapler can get it right and I am confident he will with all of this talent and having the team intact from the get go. I believe part of the reason we collapsed was because when we added all of the extra players at the deadline screwed up the chemistry because he had too many weapons and it messed up the team chemistry and a lot of the rookies we had looked gassed but with this lineup there’s no way we collapse .

Reactions: WestrnPhlyr

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Let’s see if the rumors and speculation were true. Does Harper sign today? Everything is pointing like he wants to sign here but Boras is keeping everyone involved here to see if his deal can be topped. I believe the Phillies have made the decision that Harper just would be a better fit in philly and not machado. As a person first and foremost.

Reactions: phlflyer1 and Jtown
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad