OT: Phillies: I'm Starting To Think Our Bank Accounts Are Frozen: Offseason Part Two

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
It's still January, real players don't report until the last week in February.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Herrera is said to have worked out this off-season with Miguel Cabrera. He was the 1st to report to Clearwater from the 40 man roster. Hope he has a big year.

Waiting to hear the fallout for LA and Kapler, they need to announce this soon.

Also 3 phils on BA's top 100.

Sixto 13
Bohm 65
Garcia 88

Will be interesting to see if they double jump Garcia to Lakewood, would think they will.

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
Its really going to be interesting over the next couple years to see how the whole free agent thing works itself out. Just not enough demand for these second and third tier FAs like Pollock, Kimbrel, and Keuchel.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Its really going to be interesting over the next couple years to see how the whole free agent thing works itself out. Just not enough demand for these second and third tier FAs like Pollock, Kimbrel, and Keuchel.

Nothing is going to change until the CBA changes. It was trending to a player strike anyway but Harper & Machado not having their way in discussions is just going to drive that point home some more.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Herrera is said to have worked out this off-season with Miguel Cabrera. He was the 1st to report to Clearwater from the 40 man roster. Hope he has a big year.

Waiting to hear the fallout for LA and Kapler, they need to announce this soon.

Also 3 phils on BA's top 100.

Sixto 13
Bohm 65
Garcia 88

Will be interesting to see if they double jump Garcia to Lakewood, would think they will.

It has to be a fine for Kapler at best, they can't punish the Phillies, he wasn't part of that system.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
It has to be a fine for Kapler at best, they can't punish the Phillies, he wasn't part of that system.

guess it depends on how directly he was involved vs how bad were the rules broken. I've heard it's going to be the same punishment the braves got, and Kapler was one of 2 people directly named.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
guess it depends on how directly he was involved vs how bad were the rules broken. I've heard it's going to be the same punishment the braves got, and Kapler was one of 2 people directly named.

Yea, I get that, but you can't punish the Phillies for that. The Dodgers, who obtained those players and broke the rules will be punished, that's why I think Kapler would probably get a fine. Probably big too.

XDevilBoiX

Jan 29, 2011
Padres checked in on Machado and Harper. Be funny if Phillies loses out to Padres but then I would be piss lol.

Reactions: Jtown

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Yea, I get that, but you can't punish the Phillies for that. The Dodgers, who obtained those players and broke the rules will be punished, that's why I think Kapler would probably get a fine. Probably big too.

You can't go light on him because he works for another team, if he did the crime he needs to pay the price. It's going to be interesting to see what happens. I've heard it has to do with kids they signed from Cuba, and that Mexican drug cartels were involved. They hit the braves hard so the precedent has been set although we don't know if it was as bad as the braves so maybe no life time bans will be handed out.

Padres checked in on Machado and Harper. Be funny if Phillies loses out to Padres but then I would be piss lol.

I've heard NYM could be the mystery team, their new GM wants to make a splash and it would make sense and would make the east so tough with only the Marlins sucking.

Maybe the Phils are waiting on Trout to be UFA after 2020 season.

I'm sure they are, but they can afford Trout and one of MM/Harper. The unofficial rumors i've heard is that Trout has turned down an extension this off-season. I know their owner said it was the teams number 1 priority but guess we'll see if it's true or not.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
From old thread:
I think it's fine to say Schilling shouldn't be in if your standards for a HoF are higher than most, but the Mussina/Halladay/Schilling/Smoltz group should all be either in or out as a general rule.

And Kevin Brown should be right there with them.

I think it's fine to be a small Hall guy but in practice the Hall has always inducted pitchers of Schilling's caliber.

The Hall of Fame started out by inducting Walter Johnson, Christy Mathewson, Cy Young and Pete Alexander. Pretty decent group. If it had continued to only elect pitchers of that class, then well, no one would get in except Tom Seaver and Greg Maddux and a couple others.

But basically the Hall has elected pitchers worse than Schilling every decade.

Reactions: wankstifier

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
Any team that has the ability to would be stupid not to try and sign them since they seem to be dragging their feet

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
So it sounds like neither guy are getting the offers they want...which is why its taking so long.

That kind of annoys me. That means either guy...if not both...could probably be a Phillie tomorrow if they just cough up the money.

Im gonna be so pissed if they miss out on both guys and they end up playing for the padres or whitesox on contracts we couldve easilly beaten.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad