Speculation: Philip Danault

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
Lol Selke consideration, you know he came in SEVENTH once in his career right?
Add a 6th place finish this season.

Attachments

• 506E2B92-15D6-4B46-A33D-1B8525485A15.png
    506E2B92-15D6-4B46-A33D-1B8525485A15.png
    337 KB · Views: 5

Legegendsofthenorth

Jun 6, 2018
Domi has 10.:naughty:
Add to that his 105 more pts in 80 less games case closed.;)

Crap you are right. Its 5 with the Canadiens. Wow what a PP force he is.

Still would take Danault. I must not know value of players because scoring stats show Domi is way way way better.

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
All I can say to Habs fans is that best to ignore those Zadorov + Jost and 2nd proposals. Those fans and yourselves are wasting time commenting on these proposals because the sane Avs fans know that Zadorov and Jost if/when traded will be for picks I doubt any team wants to downgrade unless teams like Kings, Sens or something else wants them as reclamation project. As for Graves if he didn't s**t the bed in the playoffs I think that he could've been a nice piece for a team needing a LHD we Avs fans are very quick to turn on our players (by February everone including myself wanted Zads gone now people wants to keep him over Graves). I also think Habs fans wanna sell Danault as a #2C and some teams wanna acquire him as #3C which is a more suited role for him IMO even if he kinda said that he don't want to only play a defensive role and loves to score if remember correctly. If there is a team that can acquire Domi/Danault it's probably the Wild with Dumba/Brodin from what I've read here.

Reactions: Gravity

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
In one sentence you claim that Danault is a stud but then claim that a bunch of garbage offer up for him is fair value.Something doesn't add up.
When rentals are traded they don’t return full value. It’s quite simple actually.

As for “bunch of garbage” it’s the equivalent to the Pageau trade in value which many people considered an overpayment.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
No point in going back and forth. Avs fans are obviously trading for Danault to be their 3C with Kadri and MacKinnon ahead of him. Habs fans are trying to sell him as a 2C.

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
No point in going back and forth. Avs fans are obviously trading for Danault to be their 3C with Kadri and MacKinnon ahead of him. Habs fans are trying to sell him as a 2C.
Habs don't want, nor need, any of Jost, Zadorov, Graves, or your late 1st/2nd though. None of these add anything whatsoever to our lineup.

Last edited:
Reactions: Runner77

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
When rentals are traded they don’t return full value. It’s quite simple actually.

As for “bunch of garbage” it’s the equivalent to the Pageau trade in value which many people considered an overpayment.
He’s got a full year left on his contract. He’s only a rental if the new team has no intention of trying to re-sign him. We heard all this sane crap right before Pacioretty was traded with a year left on his contract. Worked out just fine for Montreal

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Habs don't want, nor need, any of Jost, Zadorov, Graves, or your late 1st/2nd though. So you'd have to offer something else, regardless of where you would slot Danault - should you get him - in your lineup.
That’s what you get though. When you trade players on expiring contracts you don’t get equal or similar value players back. You get an abundance of quantity.

It’s fine if the Habs don’t like names like Zadorov or Jost. They don’t have to acquire those guys. But those are the value type of players (along with 1st/2nd rounders and/or prospects) that get traded for rentals.

Colorado May have zero shot at getting Danault. They may not even try. But whatever team sends them a package will be sending something along the lines of a 1st + prospect/2nd + depth roster player.

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
That’s what you get though. When you trade players on expiring contracts you don’t get equal or similar value players back. You get an abundance of quantity.

It’s fine if the Habs don’t like names like Zadorov or Jost. They don’t have to acquire those guys. But those are the value type of players (along with 1st/2nd rounders and/or prospects) that get traded for rentals.

Colorado May have zero shot at getting Danault. They may not even try. But whatever team sends them a package will be sending something along the lines of a 1st + prospect/2nd + depth roster player.
Colorado does have a shot at getting Danault, but it won't be for any of Zadorov/Graves/Jost - I can guarantee you that.

If we're looking for LD, it's to have a significant improvement (think legit top-3 LD), which neither Zadorov nor Graves are. We're not pressed to improve our LD either way, since we now have Chiarot who has excellent chemistry with Weber, so he's fine, and Kulak has looked very good with Petry, especially in the playoffs. Also with Romanov coming in next year... We would only want a significant upgrade in LD - a PMD to be precise since we need to drive up the offense. Otherwise, we're solid in the back-end.

What we are looking for is to improve our top-6 winger position. RW to be precise. Habs are looking for a big RW presence who can score lots of goals. They're ready to pay the price for it too (think Danault/Domi + Caufield/mid-1st ++). Our offense is dry, and that's exactly what we're going to be looking to improve this off-season.

So you'd have to offer something else, regardless of where you would slot Danault - should you get him - in your lineup - but none of Jost/Zadorov/Graves/your late 1st/your late 2nd will move the needle at all, because it would do absolutely nothing for us.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Colorado does have a shot at getting Danault, but it won't be for any of Zadorov/Graves/Jost - I can guarantee you that.

If we're looking for LD, it's to have a significant improvement (think legit top-3 LD), which neither Zadorov nor Graves are. We're not pressed to improve our LD either way, since we now have Chiarot who has excellent chemistry with Weber, so he's fine, and Kulak has looked very good with Petry, especially in the playoffs. Also with Romanov coming in next year... I'd only want a significant upgrade in LD. And even there, it's not a necessity anymore. We're solid in the back-end.

What we are looking for is to improve our top-6 winger position. RW to be precise. Habs are looking for a big RW presence who can score lots of goals. They're ready to pay the price for it too (think Danault/Domi + Caufield/mid-1st ++).

So you'd have to offer something else, regardless of where you would slot Danault - should you get him - in your lineup - but none of Jost/Zadorov/Graves/your late 1st/your late 2nd will move the needle at all.
Perhaps Martin Kaut might be a target for Montreal in any hypothetical Danault trade. He would have more value than anything else proposed in this thread such as Zadorov/Jost/24th overall.

Not The One

Feb 28, 2002
Montréal, Qc.
Why would we even want to trade Danault? We have nobody close to being ready to replace his two-way contributions. I'm fairly sure he and the Habs are going to work out an extension for a fair value.

Galaxydoggystyle

Jul 4, 2019
Wouldn't trade for brodin or dumba I'd just send a package of picks to Arizona for oel and then flip Domi or danault for a winger then we are pretty much set.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Perhaps Martin Kaut might be a target for Montreal in any hypothetical Danault trade. He would have more value than anything else proposed in this thread such as Zadorov/Jost/24th overall.

Kaut’s stats are not impressive at all. I don’t see a lot of value there. He hasn’t made a mark at any level. Pass. I would rather have the late 1st over Kaut easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad