Speculation: Philip Danault

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
He has publicly gone on record saying he wants to be played as a top 6 C and was unhappy as a 3C with Montreal during the play-ins. With the youth development, it is unlikely that he be in Montreal down the line (Danault remet en question son avenir à Montréal - TVA Sports).

So what can he fetch? MTL is looking for players or prospects, preferably wingers, around 20 y.o. to match with KK and Suzuki.

Reactions: Runner77

Price4Prez

Nov 20, 2007
Any trade involving Danault needs to return a similarly valued winger.

We dont need any more picks. 1st round or not. We have a decent D which we are only missing a #1LD- which Danault wont fetch..sooo...

Give me that top 6 winger for Danault.

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
Danault led Habs forwards in TOI in both the regular season and playoffs, while playing with the two best wingers on the team, Gallagher and Tatar...

Reactions: SI

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
Any trade involving Danault needs to return a similarly valued winger.

We dont need any more picks. 1st round or not. We have a decent D which we are only missing a #1LD- which Danault wont fetch..sooo...

Give me that top 6 winger for Danault.
You're not going to get a similarly valued winger for Danault. The teams that have those sorts of players aren't willing to trade them. It's going to along the lines of a top 10 pick +.

Reactions: Runner77

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
I’d take Danault in Winnipeg.
Good player with heart, skill, and ability.
Unfortunately, Habs fans are going to massively over price him, so unlikely anything offered here will be accepted... but he would be a damn good addition to any team and locker room.

Price4Prez

Nov 20, 2007
You're not going to get a similarly valued winger for Danault. The teams that have those sorts of players aren't willing to trade them. It's going to along the lines of a top 10 pick +.

Nah. Centers > Wingers at equal talent. And if you're a team that has many wingers and lack a center, like Montreal has in the past. You definitely make that trade

Reactions: xxsciroccoxx

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
I wouldn't want to move #9 for a guy that's a year away from UFA. If Montreal's interested in a deal around Brodin or Dumba though, I'm sure Guerin would be game.
Totally agree. Would need to be Danault extended.

sansabri

a sea of troubles eh
Aug 12, 2005
Danault led Habs forwards in TOI in both the regular season and playoffs, while playing with the two best wingers on the team, Gallagher and Tatar...

he was playing with Byron and Armia later on in the series

i wouldn't move him yet. i think he'll change his mind and accept his role - or simply give him an offensive winger to work with

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->