OT: Philadelphia Union (MLS): The Edu Edition

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
Landon Donovan left off World Cup squad.

BoRVuMeCUAELFEU.png

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I was pretty surprised when I saw that. What's the reason?

Most likely that he's a *******. He's not the player he once was and he isn't exactly the type of guy that will sit on the bench and be happy playing 10 minutes or not at all. The media distraction won't be worth it in that situation, as it'll take away from the team and that will be the focus.

Thankful for what he's done for US Soccer in the past but I think it's a good decision (it looks like i'm in the minority) to leave him off.

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Most likely that he's a *******. He's not the player he once was and he isn't exactly the type of guy that will sit on the bench and be happy playing 10 minutes or not at all. The media distraction won't be worth it in that situation, as it'll take away from the team and that will be the focus.

Thankful for what he's done for US Soccer in the past but I think it's a good decision (it looks like i'm in the minority) to leave him off.

Yeah admittedly I haven't followed him very much. He always seemed like a d-bag.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Xavi and Mix Diskerud might be going to NYFC also.

Kaka and Robinho rumored going to Orlando.

And the Union.. Has no one :(.

This is huge for the MLS though.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Villa is still good enough imo for a top European team imo. He was just starting in the Champions League Saturday. Great move by the MLS.

Stonehands77

Jul 8, 2002
Waltham, MA
So who replaces him? I know they've got an interim guy, but who should they get to replace him long term? I'd prefer someone who wouldn't make mind boggling lineup decisions if possible. :help:

Jray42

May 10, 2009
Philadelphia
So apparently this game is at 4:00 on WPVI, but all I see on my comcast menu at that time is "Shall we Dance on Ice?". What the **** is that ********

Pablo Sanchez

The Secret Weapon
Oct 17, 2011
Nj
So excited for the season to start! I think we have a very underrated team this year outside of possible depth issues.

Mgkibbles

Dec 14, 2009
Gilbertsville, Pa
I have no hope for this team until they acquire a player higher than a silver card in FIFA - Carlos Valdes is our best player at 73 overall. That **** won't cut it in Ultimate Team, and it won't be sufficient in RL bro.

Also hired another stiff for a coach. I'm sick of local grown players and coaches. It's a professional soccer team, not a farmers market.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I have no hope for this team until they acquire a player higher than a silver card in FIFA - Carlos Valdes is our best player at 73 overall. That **** won't cut it in Ultimate Team, and it won't be sufficient in RL bro.

Also hired another stiff for a coach. I'm sick of local grown players and coaches. It's a professional soccer team, not a farmers market.
Valdes is out. Steven Vitoria is in. :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad