Proposal: Philadelphia-Toronto

DougGilmour93

Feb 7, 2007
Hey all,

Just wanting to ask fans what they thought it would take to get Provorov to Toronto?

The two main pieces IMO could be Provorov and Nylander. I’m curious if the two fan bases could come to an amicable trade scenario (for fun).

My initial offer/idea would look like this...a blockbuster!

To Philadelphia
Nylander
Van Riemsdyk (With extension)
Gardiner
2nd in 2018 (SJ or Tor,Toronto’s choice)

To Toronto
Simmonds (1yr remaining on contract)
Konecny
Provorov
Sanheim/Morin/Hagg

Please feel free to post your own ideas
Cheers

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Nope. Ill be perfectly honest with you, - value be damned - I dont move Provorov alone for that. He's just too important to our blueline moving forward. Know how Toronto fans feel aboug Matthews being their first 1C since Gilmour? Likewise Provorov for just about as long.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
as a leafs fan i'd do it in a heartbeat. flyers fans wouldn't. Toronto would have to add a first or philly would not have to add one of sanheim/morin/hagg

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
as a leafs fan i'd do it in a heartbeat. flyers fans wouldn't. Toronto would have to add a first or philly would not have to add one of sanheim/morin/hagg
It would take Nylander and a big add just to even think about Provorov...the rest is even more insulting to Philly.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Matthews.

Nothing else makes the Flyers think about moving their #1 Dman.

And all the other parts are unnecessary.

You want Simmonds, make an offer.
You want Hagg, make an offer.

No reason at all to move the other pieces.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Matthews.

Nothing else makes the Flyers think about moving their #1 Dman.

And all the other parts are unnecessary.

You want Simmonds, make an offer.
You want Hagg, make an offer.

No reason at all to move the other pieces.

Simmonds would be great on Matthews's wing. So what's a good price? Nylander isn't being moved for him.

Maybe 1st rounder, and choose prospects?

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Simmonds would be great on Matthews's wing. So what's a good price? Nylander isn't being moved for him.

Maybe 1st rounder, and choose prospects?

Kapanen and a 1st. In the multitude of Simmonds threads that have popped up lately, its been mostly agreed to be a very good young, ready fwd prospect and a first. (Fiala, Kostin, Poolparty, etc).

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Kapanen and a 1st. In the multitude of Simmonds threads that have popped up lately, its been mostly agreed to be a very good young, ready fwd prospect and a first. (Fiala, Kostin, Poolparty, etc).

I would do that honestly if simmonds signs long term after the trade. He's from the toronto area so shouldn't too hard to convince him.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I would do that honestly if simmonds signs long term after the trade. He's from the toronto area so shouldn't too hard to convince him.

I know he definitely still has a house in the area, so there's that. But i believe he was more of a Red Wings fan growing up, for whatever its worth. Not saying he wouldnt play for the leafs, but I dont think he's 'dying' to get there, either.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
The Flyers can probably get a better offer than Kapanen + mid-to-late 1st for Simmonds.

Id probably take Kostin +1st over Kapanen, but I dont think youre going to find anyone giving an early first and an A prospect for Simmonds. Im also a little higher on Kapanen than most because i like his game.

Roy +1st from the canes is probably the lowest realistic option of a pick we'd get. Or, maybe the oilers if they cant turn it around.

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
Id probably take Kostin +1st over Kapanen, but I dont think youre going to find anyone giving an early first and an A prospect for Simmonds. Im also a little higher on Kapanen than most because i like his game.

Roy +1st from the canes is probably the lowest realistic option of a pick we'd get. Or, maybe the oilers if they cant turn it around.

That's how I see it as well. No one is really going to trade a young, well-tracking C prospect + a 1st for Simmonds......say a Rosolovic + 1st, Borgstrom + a 1st....or anything thereof.
There's no chance from the Leafs end, I'd consider Kapanen + 1st for Simmonds, just doesn't fit a need for us.....we already have JVR and we might end up letting him walk in spite of his productivity this year. It's a stacked draft for us, even with a late pick given how the draft is currently constructed with D's littered throughout the 1st round.

As per Kapanen, he's not a A prospect, like mentioned but if you only read HF trade forums you'd think he was some throwaway winger prospect every team has (and Leafs have their fair share), which he is not. It's a small list of players that have accomplished what he's done, at his age, in the AHL.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
The OP trade is awful for Philly.

But just for argument's sake, I don't trade Willy straight up for Provorov.. Let alone Matthews.

Brownbeard

Oct 6, 2017
No with Nylander involved. Gardiner and Van Riemsdyk, and perhaps someone else, sure. Gardiner is a goof.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
That's how I see it as well. No one is really going to trade a young, well-tracking C prospect + a 1st for Simmonds......say a Rosolovic + 1st, Borgstrom + a 1st....or anything thereof.
There's no chance from the Leafs end, I'd consider Kapanen + 1st for Simmonds, just doesn't fit a need for us.....we already have JVR and we might end up letting him walk in spite of his productivity this year. It's a stacked draft for us, even with a late pick given how the draft is currently constructed with D's littered throughout the 1st round.

As per Kapanen, he's not a A prospect, like mentioned but if you only read HF trade forums you'd think he was some throwaway winger prospect every team has (and Leafs have their fair share), which he is not. It's a small list of players that have accomplished what he's done, at his age, in the AHL.

Yup, I love Simmonds as much as the next guy, but its time to be realistic with his return. Lots of teams would likely want him, so itll spike the value a little, but not to the tune of anything crazy. like Top 5 Pick and an A prospect.

Id classify Kapanen as an A prospect. I guess its all in how you define it, but to me 'A' is just the next level down from Blue chip. *shrug*.

I dont think Simmonds makes sense for the leafs personally, but someone asked, so I answered. If you cant use what im selling, but youre willing to pay the price, that aint my problem. :neener:

Reactions: firstemperor

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Shameful.

Provorov >>>> Nylander (This is so far off. With Voracek, Giroux and Simmonds (or JVR) in the roster, Philly will not give up its 1D for a winger of Nylander's caliber.)
Simmonds >> JVR (Since no extension is in place, we can not assume that he will sign one, especially with the Flyers. More to the point, why does Philly do this swap anyway? It is lateral at best.)
Konecny << Gardiner (Talent and position goes to Gardiner, but Konecny is younger and and will be controlled by his team for way longer. Still, defensemen carry a lot of value - which is exactly why Philly says f*** no to anything that involves Provorov.)
Hägg > 2018 2nd (The prospect/player is always more of a sure thing, hence why Toronto wins this one. Furthermore, Hägg is the least valuable of the three prospects mentioned. To suggest that Sanheim could be involved... outlandish.)

There is no deal for Provorov that does not include Matthews.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
I am loving this trend of magical extensions to give fake value to these proposals.
Kudos to the OP for offering one player with value though of course chasing an untouchable player is just a waste of time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad