Pre-Game Talk: Philadelphia -Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.

lippinANDdippin7

Feb 27, 2014
London
I really hope that Rielly can elevate his play and cement himself in our top four for the playoff run/playoffs. I believe that this would be a great experience for the youngster and help him mature his game playing important minutes when everythings on the line.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Well this is definitely a key game. Need to get more points and keep fighting to remain in the top 3 in the division. Put as much distance between the last wild card and us as possible since that's not a comfortable place to be.

I'm just hoping the powerplay can be a force in our favor this time and not a weakness.

And since I'm actually going to this one, it has now become the biggest game of the year to me ;).

jimmycarter

Jun 12, 2010
541 points in 640 games is not great? 276 goals included in that.

What is great to you?

For example, is JVR great?
183 points (91 goals) in 306 games. As you can see, stats aren't as good as Vanek.

Is he great?

no. JVR is good becoming really good, not great.

and comparing a 30 year old to a 24 year old in stats?

Last edited by a moderator:

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Well this is definitely a key game. Need to get more points and keep fighting to remain in the top 3 in the division. Put as much distance between the last wild card and us as possible since that's not a comfortable place to be.

I'm just hoping the powerplay can be a force in our favor this time and not a weakness.

And since I'm actually going to this one, it has now become the biggest game of the year to me ;).

Really regretting trading this one now, this is going to be a great game.

TennisMenace

Jul 3, 2008
Buffalo
Keep it civil please.

And fans of other teams are always welcome here as long as they play nice.

Thank you. As previously mentioned, I too am excited about this game tonight just because I like good hockey and we are now getting down to the wire.

Philly is a Dr. jeckyl Mr. Hyde team and I think tonight you will catch them off because leafs need this one badly with road trip looming. Thus, you will jump them early and then they may resort to more physical play. Rosehill v. Orr?

King85Kong

Playoffs?
Nov 24, 2013
Toronto
Who's in charge of the GDT for this one?
Its going to be a fast physical game. We need to come out hitting and setting the pace.

lippinANDdippin7

Feb 27, 2014
London
i think there's no rush for him to do so though

still a young dude, its okay if he isnt the next bobby orr

absolutely agree with you there. Would just be nice to see him step up down the stretch, by no means do i expect it but would be a nice surprise for a blue line that could use a boost
:nod:

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Would be a nice chance for a step up game for the whole group. Could definitely use another run like they had going into the Olympic break.

Try and get some points and hope to see Kessel's line at their best in this one. That line is definitely key to how well we do in this next stretch.

Mar 26, 2010
Leafs need to win this in regulation! No excuses!

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Giroux ain't got ****! Kessel will show him up as he always does. :handclap:

Phil Kessel versus Philly in his career 28GP 4G 8A 12P -6
Claude Giroux versus Toronto in his career 18GP 5G 11A 16P 0

Phil has some catching up to do.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Phil Kessel versus Philly in his career 28GP 4G 8A 12P -6
Claude Giroux versus Toronto in his career 18GP 5G 11A 16P 0

Phil has some catching up to do.

I'd like to see Phil's stats against the Flyers since Pronger's injury.

Our defense and goaltending has been **** for the last ~8 years so I never really put those stats into consideration.

Leafs are still an easy bunch to score on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad