Pre-Game Talk: Philadelphia -Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silver91

Agent 0091
May 27, 2007
Unknown
honestly, wait til a couple minutes into the game and bargain a scalper down. They're usually pretty desperate by that point and you can get into the lower bowl for around $60 a ticket

Maybe for a weeknight against Phoenix, but HNIC is going to cost an arm and a leg. I asked during the first intermission once and the guy wanted $300 for a pair of purple. I laughed in his face and kept walking.

As for the game itself, hopefully we see JVR walk around Schenn again and Kessel grab at least 1 goal :)

780rx

May 4, 2013
9 wins will likely do it but I really want to finish top 3, I want Montreal in the 1st round.

Everyone wants to play the habs lol.

However I do agree, home ice would be a great goal to set and I'm sure that's where they're setting their goal as well. Coming out ahead of Boston is unrealistic at this point.

Boreal01

Nov 3, 2013
Toronto, Ontario
It's going to suck having to cheer against fellow Scarborough native Wayne Simmonds. Hope he has a mediocre game then takes off for the rest of the season.

jimmycarter

Jun 12, 2010
It's going to suck having to cheer against fellow Scarborough native Wayne Simmonds. Hope he has a mediocre game then takes off for the rest of the season.

he makes it quite easy to cheer against him actually. see: most recent game against washington.

Paradoc

John Tavares is a Leaf!
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
Clarkson may not play tonight.
Yup.

9 minutes ago
@jonasTSN1050: Clarkson is questionable to play tonight. Suffered a muscle pull at practice yesterday. As noted earlier, appeared to be his left leg.

TennisMenace

Jul 3, 2008
Buffalo
9 wins will likely do it but I really want to finish top 3, I want Montreal in the 1st round.

Are you sure about this? Habs have some scary pieces to contend with:

1. Great great goalie, Olympic Champion for Canada
2. Great max PAC
3. Great Vanek
4. Great PK and Markov combo
5. Great PP
6. Great Gallagher
7. Edit: forgot to add, the great playoff beast, Daniel Briere

Are you sure you want my boys?

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin

2. Great max PAC
3. Great Vanek
5. Great PP
6. Great Gallagher

Yes.
1. Great great goalie, Bernier.
2. Great and better Phil Kessel
3. Great JVR
4. Great shutdown Phaneuf and Gunnarsson
5. Better PP
6. Best line in the league.
7. JVR blowing past Subban short handed while Subban had a few steps on JVR

TennisMenace

Jul 3, 2008
Buffalo
Yes.
1. Great great goalie, Bernier.
2. Great and better Phil Kessel
3. Great JVR
4. Great shutdown Phaneuf and Gunnarsson
5. Better PP
6. Best line in the league.
7. JVR blowing past Subban short handed while Subban had a few steps on JVR

I agree, your top line scares the beegees out of me. I can only hope my third line can somewhat contain them, and of course, I hope Sir Carey can stone them.

Your boys are definitely good and I can't wait to watch your game more than my teams game tonight.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
I agree, your top line scares the beegees out of me. I can only hope my third line can somewhat contain them, and of course, I hope Sir Carey can stone them.

Your boys are definitely good and I can't wait to watch your game more than my teams game tonight.

Any true Montreal and Toronto fa would love to see them play each other in the playoffs, I'm sure it would be a great and exciting series.

TennisMenace

Jul 3, 2008
Buffalo
Any true Montreal and Toronto fa would love to see them play each other in the playoffs, I'm sure it would be a great and exciting series.

Honestly, if we beat you guys in the playoffs I wouldn't care if Boston or Philly beat us next up. You are right, Leafs- Habs is what I want more than anything too.

Although, I do want you guys to finish the job against Boston if you don't get us. I hate Boston, don't really hate the leafs now that your team isn't gooning it up anymore against my boys.

AustonMitchWilly

Jul 3, 2013

And any true fan would prefer it to be later in the playoffs than the first round!

Paradoc

John Tavares is a Leaf!
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto

2. Great max PAC
3. Great Vanek
5. Great PP
6. Great Gallagher
7. Edit: forgot to add, the great playoff beast, Daniel Briere

Montreal is scary, but I feel that the leafs can match up to the Habs head to head. So nothing to worry about. :)

TennisMenace

Jul 3, 2008
Buffalo
And any true fan would prefer it to be later in the playoffs than the first round!

True, but more than likely we would play in round one. Habs at best will finish # 3. You guys could finish at # 6. This scenario seems greater than us both winning first round and playing against each other in second round. Not to say it can't happen, just talking probabilities.

jimmycarter

Jun 12, 2010

1. Refs
2. Refs
3. Refs
4. Refs
5. Refs
6. Refs
7. Edit: forgot to add, the Refs

ftfy.

my 93 year old grandma would have been an olympian champ goalie behind that defense. and LOFL at Vanek being great.

TennisMenace

Jul 3, 2008
Buffalo
Montreal is scary, but I feel that the leafs can match up to the Habs head to head. So nothing to worry about. :)

I agree. There is no mismatch between us. Actually, your top line is better than our top line which means my second line better be slightly better than your second line. I'm hoping the addition of Vanek gives us that edge. I'm also hoping Briere gets teamed with Vanek in the playoffs, based on his resume.

I like our depth in lines three and four. We don't have useless players down there anymore. Prust, Weiss, Moen are all solid on line 4.

TennisMenace

Jul 3, 2008
Buffalo
ftfy.

my 93 year old grandma would have been an olympian champ goalie behind that defense. and LOFL at Vanek being great.

541 points in 640 games is not great? 276 goals included in that. (Almost one goal in every two games.)

What is great to you?

For example, is JVR great?
183 points (91 goals) in 306 games. As you can see, stats aren't as good as Vanek. (One goal in about every four games.)

Is he great?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad