OT: Philadelphia Phillies: Sometimes Ball Go Boom And Sometimes It Don’t (NL Champs)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Would Swanson be the better grab or do you think the pull of Harper would bring in Turner?

Also, while I know he's been rising up the rankings like crazy, do you see Painter being a starter next year?
I am very high on Turner. He is possibly a top 15 player in the entire league. You get him and don’t think twice about it if they are open to the idea. That isn’t to say that Dansby isn’t a very good player in his own right.

I think Painter will be on the big club at some point next year.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Considering the price of everybody, especially if we try to go for Turner, would Rodon be out of the question? Or do you think his ERA improvement over the last 2 seasons won't really hold?

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
-8 OAA over the last 3 seasons at SS. Terrible going to his right.

He was positive last year, so you’re not wrong. I just like a larger sample.
There I go being a f***ing asshole again. I didn't realize the "at a glance percentiles" were only for the most recent season 😅

What I'm finding craziest about all this is how 5 OAA is good for 89th percentile. Wonder how that compares to other positions. If I have time tonight I'll look into that. I'm curious, especially knowing shortstop is hard

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
-8 OAA over the last 3 seasons at SS. Terrible going to his right.

He was positive last year, so you’re not wrong. I just like a larger sample.
Would Bogaerts be a better fit at 3B at this point?

Who do you want?

MorgantiDrinksBlood

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
Swanson >> Simmons > Correa > Andrus >> Iglesias > Turner >> Bogaerts

I've been reading Correa was actually kinda bad defensively this year, his metrics took a huge hit, he's regressed. That worries me a bit. Turner is an incredible athlete which goes to show how much he cares about his fitness, he's like the fastest sprinter in the mlb or something I read. If I'm going to invest in a guy it would be in someone like that, since all these guys are around 30.

WIP CALLER

Aug 18, 2016
Turner or Swanson would be a good get
As a braves fan that’s watched Dansby since he came up, he’d be hated in philly in less than a year. Had his best season in his walk year so he’s going to get massively overpaid and he’s insanely streaky. He will hit .350 one month with like 8 homers then the next month he will hit .200 with like 50 k’s(exaggerating). He was awful down the stretch this season outside of the series vs the Mets to clinch the division. Great defender most of the time but he also goes through peaks and valleys there as well. If he’s getting 30 mil a year I want the braves to stay far away fwiw.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad