OT: Philadelphia Phillies Regular Season: "I Hit Dingers -Alfred Delia." -Bryce Harper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Phillies fans still give Harper a loud ovation anytime he makes a routine catch in the outfield.
He got a standing O when he took the field....and then when a foul ball went his way and he threw it into the crowd.

Pretty high praise getting a 80/80 for his hitting. Said he was the 1st player to get that.

I admit, I watched his at-bat, then turned it.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
phillies trade James Pazos to the rockies, they got him along with Segura and Nicasio. He was DFA'd the other day, wasn't getting it done in LV. They got Hunter Stovall a 22 year old INF that was drafted last year.

Reactions: wankstifier

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
Vladdy Jr hype up in Canada is insane for tonight's debut.

The hype is deserved. His one weakness as a hitter is his lack of speed out of the box.

Defense/base-running might not be there, whatever. He’s a can’t miss hitting talent.

HokieDude17

Feb 8, 2016
Hampstead, MD
Segura is back! Cozens to LV. Should hear something on Herrera who's 10 days are up tomorrow and Robertson who has been cleared to throw so he should be back soon.
And just like that he’s gone, takes a first pitch fastball to the brim of the helmet and leaves the game out of an abundance of caution

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Good to see them string some wins together again.

against an almost minor league team that still badly out hit them. I know they have some injuries and their best hitter only played 1 game + 1 AB but they are one of the top teams at home in the league and were facing a terrible offensive team that were hitting under .215 as a team. They got the Nats next weekend and I'm sure the 17 straight games where there isn't much time off for most position players since the bench is so light and Kapler is doing the opposite of last year going from every game is a mystery lineup to almost the same lineup every day.

Granted they are 1st in the division but the pitching has been a nightmare outside of a few Eflin starts, VV has been much better but still is a guy you don't expect to make it past 5 innings. Jake has been pretty good and hopefully next time he's at 90ish pitches even in a blowout they just go to the pen although it could end up being just as ugly. Roberston should be back perhaps this week so while he had a crappy 1st week or so, he should be able to add much needed stability back there. SAD needs to get his mojo back as he needs to be more like last year. Neris has been good but still scares me as the closer.

The bats even without Segura need to be much better, the power is there but they were really poor with RISP this series. Herrera should also be back soon so that should help as well as long as it's the good Herrera.

The defense has been showing some deja vu of last year but that's mostly been CH and a little Hoskins as he adjusts to being back to 1st.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad