OT: Philadelphia Phillies: Pitchers And Catchers Soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I won't applaud this scumbag's injury (because that would be against the rules!!!) but you'll note he's not wearing a mask despite squatting a few feet from every single player to play the game. Robot umps can't be vectors.

Here he is yesterday covering his double chin but conveniently leaving his mouth and nose open.

EeIWfRWWoAAgULQ

f*** him. He's a POS.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com

The LAD thing with Houston is getting old. It’s as if they think that they automatically would have won the series if not for the sign stealing. The Dodgers went 2-2 with the Astros in LA and 1-2 in Houston. Lost the 7th game at home. They had the chance to beat the Astros at home and lost. Didn’t do the job so be quiet and move on. As for Kelly and his “heroics” for the Dodgers, in 2017, he was a Red Sox.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
The LAD thing with Houston is getting old. It’s as if they think that they automatically would have won the series if not for the sign stealing. The Dodgers went 2-2 with the Astros in LA and 1-2 in Houston. Lost the 7th game at home. They had the chance to beat the Astros at home and lost. Didn’t do the job so be quiet and move on. As for Kelly and his “heroics” for the Dodgers, in 2017, he was a Red Sox.

Yeah... they beat the Red Sox in the playoffs that year. They didn’t just cheat the Dodgers they cheated every single team.

The Astros deserve every single thing that comes to them. That group of players should never be defended.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
Yeah... they beat the Red Sox in the playoffs that year. They didn’t just cheat the Dodgers they cheated every single team.

The Astros deserve every single thing that comes to them. That group of players should never be defended.
The Astros had Verlander and Keuchel who were on top of their games at that time. No way Boston takes them down. The Astros then went on to beat the Yankees in the ALCS. If anyone has a beef with Houston and cheating it would be the Yankees but they don’t complain.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
The Astros had Verlander and Keuchel who were on top of their games at that time. No way Boston takes them down. The Astros then went on to beat the Yankees in the ALCS. If anyone has a beef with Houston and cheating it would be the Yankees but they don’t complain.

They all have a beef with the Astros.

Are you someone that believes steroids were a much bigger deal than what the Astros did?

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
The Marlins are now up to 19 positive Coronavirus cases 17 players and 2 coaches/staff.

if they do restart tuesday against the Phillies watch the Phillies still lose the series to a AAA team.

Reactions: Rebels57

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
They all have a beef with the Astros.

Are you someone that believes steroids were a much bigger deal than what the Astros did?
To go down that road, yes I do. Sign stealing has gone on forever. All teams try to do it until they get caught.
I’m just tired of LAD whining about all and everything. They act so entitled. If they had created a better BP, they’d have been a better team in the past. Instead they made other moves and they didn’t pan out for a WS win.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
To go down that road, yes I do. Sign stealing has gone on forever. All teams try to do it until they get caught.
I’m just tired of LAD whining about all and everything. They act so entitled. If they had created a better BP, they’d have been a better team in the past. Instead they made other moves and they didn’t pan out for a WS win.

There’s a difference between traditional sign stealing with players/coaches in the game & sign stealing in 2020 with technology.

But ultimately the Astros aren’t the only team, they just got caught & won doing so.

This is another area where baseball ultimately became too smart for their own good. They weaponized traditional cheating with technology & smarter people beyond the playing field.

With that said I don’t really care about all the shit the Astros get even to this day. Shit like with Joe Kelly the other day was actually entertaining.

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
How long before MLB shuts the season down
I think it's probably going to require a "second marlins-type" outbreak from a team other than the Phillies. They'll prob just lump the Phils with the Marlins and say they can 'improve' protocols for the rest of the season.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Maybe don’t go to a Strip Club (allegedly) next time then?

I am never a person to jump on athletes and call them babies because they play a game and make millions, but good grief man sack up. Oh you poor thing you have to be isolated for a short time for the safety of others in what I am going to assume is a luxury hotel with air conditioning, TV, internet, etc. AND you are being paid handsomely for it. Whaaaaa! Try being isolated for a month (or longer I'm sure in other people's situation) with a three-year old while working from home for 1% of what you are making! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I am never a person to jump on athletes and call them babies because they play a game and make millions, but good grief man sack up. Oh you poor thing you have to be isolated for a short time for the safety of others in what I am going to assume is a luxury hotel with air conditioning, TV, internet, etc. AND you are being paid handsomely for it. Whaaaaa! Try being isolated for a month (or longer I'm sure in other people's situation) with a three-year old while working from home for 1% of what you are making! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

From what I can tell they’re staying at the Ritz-Carlton in Philly, so yeah pretty luxury.

At the risk of sounding like I have any type of sympathy for these guys, which I don’t, I believe that while some of them may have been paid millions in the past this season is being paid on a games played basis. The MLB has come out and said that the Phillies, Orioles, and Yankees will be paid for the full game slate due to this but made absolutely no mention of the Marlins. So these guys might only get paid for 3 games. I just wanted to put this info out there.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
From what I can tell they’re staying at the Ritz-Carlton in Philly, so yeah pretty luxury.

At the risk of sounding like I have any type of sympathy for these guys, which I don’t, I believe that while some of them may have been paid millions in the past this season is being paid on a games played basis. The MLB has come out and said that the Phillies, Orioles, and Yankees will he paid for the full game slate due to this but made absolutely no mention of the Marlins. So these guys might only get paid for 3 games. I just wanted to put this info out there.
May God have mercy on their souls.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Friday night's game between the Milwaukee Brewers and St. Louis Cardinals has been postponed after a positive coronavirus test, a source told ESPN's Buster Olney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese