OT: Philadelphia Phillies: Pitchers And Catchers Soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Like I’m not going to lie as a baseball fan that McGwire/Sosa home run chase in 1998 was entertaining as f*ck. Baseball could honestly use more national relevance like that these days.

Maybe there can be a Steroid Lottery. The top 10 hitters each year qualify for the lottery. The winner and runner up will undergo a transformative and thorough steroid regimen. They duel annually.

If a 3rd, non-modified human player beats either of them he wins a prize, like a cool robot or something.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Bonds OPS was .966 and OPS+ was 164 pre BALCO. Was the best player since of the last 40 years since Ted Williams. Unfortunate.

Schwarbomb

Howie Be Thy Name
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
I'm of the opinion that free government steroids/hGH should be available to all citizens.
Not sure if you're joking or not, but I would be against that because there will absolutely be nutcase parents who pump their kids full of that jet fuel, it would be East Germany all over again.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
I'm 100% serious. Having access to the best PEDs will lead to further class disparities. The rich already lead longer and healthier lives and eventually the differences will just become ridiculously large.

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
Bonds and Clemens were both destined to be top 20 all-time players before it is believed they did anything. As it stands they're probably both top 5-6.

Absolutely!

Not sure when Bonds started using, but 1986-2000 was easily HOF worthy. Then he put up four of the most impossible seasons for a hitter.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Phillies will unveil a new-look Phanatic on Sunday

CLEARWATER, Fla. — You might have heard that slugger Rhys Hoskins made some changes to his batting stance and swing over the winter.
Hoskins isn't the only prominent Phillie who made some adjustments in the off-season.

Word around Phillies spring training camp is that the Phanatic has made a few alterations himself. Fans will get a peek at the Big Green Guy's new look Sunday when the Phillies host the Pittsburgh Pirates at Spectrum Field. Aaron Nola will be the Phillies' starting pitcher, Hoskins will be in the lineup, and, yes, the game will be televised on NBC Sports Philadelphia.

Don't fret, Phanatic fans.

The lovable ol' whatever-he-is is still green, still furry and still funny as all get-out, thanks to the comic "personality" that has been developed over 41 years by Tom Burgoyne and before him, David Raymond. That Phanatic will still race around the ballpark on his four-wheeler, shoot hot dogs toward the sky, shine the head of bald guys and torment players in the visiting dugout.

But his shoes might be different.

Socks, too.

Some of his measurements may be different. (The result of some off-season work in the weight room, perhaps?)

There are apparently other creative changes, as well, but we'll all just have to see for ourselves when the Phanatic joins one of his biggest fans, Bryce Harper, on the field Sunday.

Nope, don't like that.

Reactions: Flybynite
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad