OT: Philadelphia Phillies: Pitchers And Catchers Soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008

His PR prep has not gotten better.

The idea of an asterisk or asking for a piece of metal back seems like a futile act. People will always know that something was different about the 2017 season, and whether we made that decision right or wrong, we undertook a thorough investigation, and had the intestinal fortitude to share the results of that investigation, even when those results were not very pretty.

I cannot believe a Commissioner said that. He may not even be wrong, but I am stunned that someone in his position thought it was a good idea to downplay the importance of the pomp and circumstance around a title.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
His PR prep has not gotten better.

I cannot believe a Commissioner said that. He may not even be wrong, but I am stunned that someone in his position thought it was a good idea to downplay the importance of the pomp and circumstance around a title.

Worst commissioner in my lifetime continues to hold true.

This PC wasn’t even broadcast on MLB Network.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
they really screwed up by not stripping them of the title
just like the NCAA does it, the only thing that really happens is a banner comes down and an asterisk goes in the record books. IMO you wouldn't see the continuing stream of vitriol from virtually everyone else who [like Trout above] who is asked about this.

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
wont make much of a difference in the long run..but put an asterisk next to it if you arent gonna strip them

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
only way baseball gets past this is to get rid of Manfred and strip the Astro's title and leave 2017 without a champion

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Jeff Passan interviewed on Sportscenter saying from second #1 people "around Rob Manfred" were pushing for title strippage.

He is tissue paper soft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad