OT: Philadelphia Phillies (MLB)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
Mackanin pulled David Hernandez after two blown saves last year. There's no way Gomez comes out for the next ninth inning. Benoit is the guy. Phillies have Neshek-Neris-Benoit as the three guys to close out games. That's pretty good. Ramos has good stuff and Rodriguez sucked Friday but looked good in Spring training

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
Stassi has been brutal. Theyre giving him every chance to come through and he keeps blowing it.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I think they tried this in Cleveland in the 80's where it was really cheap for a night, it didn't end well.

Not dollar beer night but the Phils used to do a College Night. I think the tickets were pretty discounted for kids currently in college. They had to scrap it after awhile as the kids would come in loaded & start a lot of trouble.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I think they tried this in Cleveland in the 80's where it was really cheap for a night, it didn't end well.

It was actually ten cent beer night in the 70s.

As the game progressed, more fans ran onto the field and caused problems. Ranger Mike Hargrove, who would later manage the Indians and lead them to the World Series twice in 1995 and 1997, was pelted with hot dogs and spit, and at one point was nearly struck by an empty gallon jug of Thunderbird.

The Rangers later argued a call in which Lee was called safe in a close play at third base, spiking Jenkins with his cleats in the process and forcing him to leave the game. The Rangers' angry response to this call enraged Cleveland fans, who again began throwing objects onto the field. Someone tossed lit firecrackers into the Rangers' bullpen.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ten_Cent_Beer_Night?wprov=sfla1

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Yeah..Stassi is off to about as bad a start as you could imagine. Looks really overwelmed.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Fastball laced down the middle of the plate to Jay Bruce and it's outta here. That's about the only pitch he can hit and he grooved it

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
He finally gets his first hit!! A hr to boot. Kruk kinda called it, Rupp just screwed it up

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
Not dollar beer night but the Phils used to do a College Night. I think the tickets were pretty discounted for kids currently in college. They had to scrap it after awhile as the kids would come in loaded & start a lot of trouble.

I was there last night and it was "Red Goes Greek" night. A lot of college kids including myself were there. They also do a deal for students. $15 for a standing room ticket that includes a cheesesteak or an order of Crab Fries. Took advantage of that Saturday. Great deal especially since you can sit really anywhere in the upper level.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Stassi has been pressing a little, even the error was trying to do too much rather than play it safe, it was a great play but bad throw by Hernandez.

He's had some nice PAs that resulted in walks, same with the PA where he hit the HR, hung in there, fouled off some tough pitches.

I never take April seriously in baseball, shock to the system going from pre-season weather and no pressure to actual games on cold nights. You'll know who's for real in June.

Though nice to see Galvis picking up where he left off last season - he's bought into the new short stroke and being more patient.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad