OT: Philadelphia Phillies (MLB)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
One of the absolute worst things to wake up to.

You don't want to see anybody die, but someone who should be one of the top players for the next 10 years? That's absolutely awful.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Such a shame. The kid was an amazing pitcher and apparently an amazing all-around person. Didn't know too much about him other than he came from Cuba and was a top flight pitcher, but he seems like he was really just a great person start to finish. Gone too soon.

sobrien

RAFFLCOPTER
Jul 19, 2009
South Jersey
Really sad about Jose. Unbelievable talent.

I remember hearing about a year ago or prior to the season that they may shop him because of his attitude. Now after this tragedy its coming out that he had one of the best attitude's in the league and people loved spending time with him.

Lance McCullers shared a pretty amazing story on his instagram, and Casey McGehee shared his troubles of having to tell his son, who has CP who Jose took a close liking to and hung out with in Florida.

Also...he was a keeper of mine in fantasy :cry:

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
The more I read about Fernandez, the sadder I get. What a horrible loss for not only the MLB, but for the world in general. The guy seemed like he would do wonders for the Miami area and the young Latin youth.

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
He just seemed so happy.

has anyone seen that GIF where he catches the ball drilled at him by Troy Tulowinski (SP?), what a great way to remember him.

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
It sucks so bad. I wonder if he will posthumously win the Cy Young award. I just took a quick look at his numbers and it looks like he would've been in the running, not sure about the rest of the league. That would be pretty awesome if he did.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
I didn't even realize he was having a good year, he was just so good, I think it was expected, so not many people really talk about him.

zarley zelepukin

Oct 25, 2008
Norristown, PA
He leads all ML pitchers in fWAR currently. There are probably 6 other guys in the NL that can make a case for winning it though, so I would be surprised if Fernandez gets it even though it would be pretty cool.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Dee Gordon leads off with a homerun for the Marlins. In tears as he rounds the bases. Just amazing

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
This is so extremely sad. I obviously never watch the Marlins, but just knowing what kind of person he was and how promising his future was (off and on the field) makes it so heartbreaking to know that his life was lost so early.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Somebody posted a video of him asking for a kids autograph after the kid asked for his. As a parent this stuff hurts, because you know he just made that kids day and again every day you just want your kid to have a great life and be happy. I feel for his parents and his grand parents to have lost their son and grandson so quickly.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
The Braves getting a new stadium is a bit ridiculous. Other than it not being in an ideal location there's nothing wrong with Turner Field. It's only 20 years old.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
If Ted Turner was footing the bill (or whomever owns the Braves now if not him), nothing wrong with getting a new stadium. I don't think that's the case though. Same thing going on in Arlington right now with the Rangers. They are trying to get the city to pay for a new stadium after paying for one twenty years ago. This is getting ridiculous. I feel like ownership groups realize that these deals won't be around forever and they are trying to get them while they can because in the near future cities are not going to be sharing the costs.

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
Braves have zero momentum going into the stadium, nothing like the Phillies had. They might sell tickets at first for the novelty of it, but when its 100 degrees in the summer and the team is 15 games out of first place, that place will be empty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad