OT: Philadelphia Phillies (MLB): Wheels and Sarge out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phileeguy

Sleep with one eye open tonight, bird.
Oct 7, 2010
Philly
Casper Wells has to have had one of the all time worst games. I don't know his exact numbers, but it has to be something like 0 for 7 and he'll end up as the losing pitcher with a 40+ ERA.

That has to go down in history as one of the worst games a player has ever had

His combined hitting/pitching single game WAR has to be an all-time low.

Feb 21, 2012
Pennsylvania
Holy ****. I saw it was 7-3 Arizona and I figured it would be over after 9 innings but I was wrong. Casper Wells now has a 67.50 ERA. :laugh:

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
Pretty disappointed, I figured if the game went much longer (at the 13th when I stopped watching) they were gonna lose but still I was hoping for that 4th straight walk off. :laugh:

Curious to see how Doc pitches.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Doc was pretty good today. Great play by Bernadina to save two runs but other than that not many other hard hit balls, lots of weak flyball and grounders. Thought this was going to be ugly.

jml87

Jun 27, 2011
Casper Wells on the DL for vision problems. Orr replaces him.

Look, I give the guy credit for going out and taking that massive beating Saturday night, but honestly, what was he doing here. He should be in the minors. Hes got a .150 average all year. A nice guy but thats not helping him or the team. I'm sure he's ecstatic to essentially be known as having the worst game of professional baseball ever recorded. Amaro, once again, you are an idiot.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Casper Wells on the DL for vision problems. Orr replaces him.

Look, I give the guy credit for going out and taking that massive beating Saturday night, but honestly, what was he doing here. He should be in the minors. Hes got a .150 average all year. A nice guy but thats not helping him or the team. I'm sure he's ecstatic to essentially be known as having the worst game of professional baseball ever recorded. Amaro, once again, you are an idiot.

So we let a guy who can't see pitch. Excuse me while I lol.

Phileeguy

Sleep with one eye open tonight, bird.
Oct 7, 2010
Philly
Casper doesn't have vision problems, Rube does. Anyone could see a .230/.299/.396 career hitter wasn't going to do this team much good.

I'm being sarcastic, but joking aside, I wouldn't be at all surprised to hear Casper volunteer that he sees just fine in the near future.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
phils announced their AFL lineup,

The Phillies are sending Aaron Altherr, Cameron Rupp and Kelly Dugan as position players, plus pitchers Kyle Simon, Mike Nesseth, Austin Wright and Ken Giles

The season begins October 8 and runs through the 16th of November.

That's a solid list for sure. Rupp should see time with the phils either next month or at some point next year, he's had a good year at AAA. Dugan has had a big year in A+ and AA, showing good power. Altherr had a great start to the year but faltered, he was drafted as a pitcher but moved to the OF.

Nesseth just got moved up to AAA, he's having a very solid season, Simon had some injury troubles but hasn't been as good as last year, Wright also had injury problems and has struggled, Giles as well although he's really struggling right now.

flybynite77

Mar 1, 2003
Visit site
Yea, I just read an article about that. His Dominican coach assures them he will get a lot of playing time.

It could be a blessing in disguise there. If he's playing the Dominican winter league with actual MLB talent the level of competition will be higher than in the AFL. Sometimes the problem is that minor leaguers can be part-time players because of the abundance of MLBers. Darin Ruf obviously got a lot of playing time there last year and if he had stayed the entire season may have broke the all-time HR record for the league.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Rollins should be benched. Cant break records from there. I dont care if Galvis cant hit, Rollins keeps on making dumb plays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad