OT: Philadelphia Phillies (MLB): Wheels and Sarge out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.

Howard hasn't been the same since tearing his left Achilles tendon in the final playoff game of 2011, a 1-0 loss to the visiting St. Louis Cardinals.
Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/sports...e_counterproductive_.html#s73kGhYu8UuVUfg1.99

Ah yeah, so THAT'S when.

Protest

C`est La Vie
Mar 28, 2008
Deptford, NJ
Wrigleyville is awesome. Some places to check out: Goose Island Brewery (bar/restaurant) The Cubby Bear (bar) Red Ivy (bar) Lou Malnati's (pizza) Maxx Bar (bar)

These are just a few places I enjoy going. Wrigley Field is obviously cool.

Thanks, I was looking for a Pizza place or a bar and grill/pub, I'll have to check those out. I heard of Giordanos pizza, but it looks like a chain and I can get something from UNO whenever I want. Might still be good though. I'm pretty sure the original UNO in Chicago is still supposed to be really good, but from what I read its usually packed.

Yes. It is good place to go especially if you like to drink. Chicago as a entire town is a cool place to go.

I don't drink lol, but it does seem cool. I'm pretty stoked to go to Wrigley.

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Thanks, I was looking for a Pizza place or a bar and grill/pub, I'll have to check those out. I heard of Giordanos pizza, but it looks like a chain and I can get something from UNO whenever I want. Might still be good though.

I don't drink lol, but it does seem cool. I'm pretty stoked to go to Wrigley.

Giordano's is okay, but Lou's is by far my favorite. I've been to Chicago a bunch of times since I went to school in the Midwest and nearly half my friends are from Chi-town. Cubby Bear also has food.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Cool, how was it? I'm going the end of next week with my wife. We're staying near the river in the downtown area, and going to the game Friday afternoon. Do you know of any cool places to go/eat either around Wrigley or near Michigan Ave/Downtown?

I had a good time. I just saw your post about not drinking, so I don't need to mention that I wasn't 21 at the time so I couldn't help you in that area haha but we don't have to worry about that anymore haha.

I can't remember the hotel I stayed at though but it was right off of Michigan Ave so they're probably right in the same area.

The two places that I remember eating at were Gino's East (Pizza), which is right off of Michigan Ave. It started in 1966 and i'm pretty sure I saw some stuff about it on TV or I was just having deja vu when I was there. Pizza was pretty damn good. Long line though.

The other place I ate was Ditka's Steakhouse just because it was Chicago. Steak was alright. Nothing to write home about.

I went in 2011 and it was during one of the biggest heat waves in a while. If you the game where Halladay was sick and had to leave early because of the heat. That was one of the games I went to.

Another funny story is that at one of the other games we were sitting on the left field side. Domonic Brown hit one right down the line into the crowd and it nailed my brother right in the stomach. We immediately got text messages from people we knew because the Phillies announcers were making fun of my brother pretty badly and kept showing the replay. I'll try and upload the video if I can find it.

Protest

C`est La Vie
Mar 28, 2008
Deptford, NJ
Yea I think we all need to see your brother getting hit in the gut with the ball haha.

Thanks for the tips guys. I'm not sure what Pizza place I'll hit up, but I'm sure it'll be good regardless. Giordano's is the closest to where we're staying. The others aren't that far though and are off Michigan Ave north of the river, and I know we'll be around there at some point.

Any idea of some nice places for dinner around $100ish or less for 2 people?

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Yea I think we all need to see your brother getting hit in the gut with the ball haha.

Thanks for the tips guys. I'm not sure what Pizza place I'll hit up, but I'm sure it'll be good regardless. Giordano's is the closest to where we're staying. The others aren't that far though and are off Michigan Ave north of the river, and I know we'll be around there at some point.

Any idea of some nice places for dinner around $100ish or less for 2 people?

There is a Mexican place I went to in Wrigley called Revolucion, it was pretty good. I can't think of anywhere that would be considered upscale if that's what you mean, each time I've gone it's a group of 22-24 year old college dudes just looking to eat and get drunk haha.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
They showed it again at the end of the inning. My dad (who wasn't on the trip) immediately texted my brother saying "You never could catch" and my uncle texted him saying "That's why you played on the line (in football."

Protest

C`est La Vie
Mar 28, 2008
Deptford, NJ
There is a Mexican place I went to in Wrigley called Revolucion, it was pretty good. I can't think of anywhere that would be considered upscale if that's what you mean, each time I've gone it's a group of 22-24 year old college dudes just looking to eat and get drunk haha.

Haha yea I'm not exactly upscale, I just know that prices in downtown metropolitan areas are lol. We'll probably just wind up walking around looking for a mom and pop Italian restaurant or something.

@Hollywood

I'm at work but I'm gonna check that out when I get home. It sounds like something that would happen to me....I played on the line haha

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
Casper Wells has to have had one of the all time worst games. I don't know his exact numbers, but it has to be something like 0 for 7 and he'll end up as the losing pitcher with a 40+ ERA.

That has to go down in history as one of the worst games a player has ever had

jml87

Jun 27, 2011
Casper Wells with the worst game ever by a pro baseball player.

0-7, 4K, 6 LOB
0.2 ip, 5er, 3bb

I dare someone to find a worse game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad