OT: Philadelphia Phillies (MLB): Christmas In July: Cole For Everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Brown is one of the biggest disappointments of my fandom.

Brown, Bryz and Namdi

The biggest disappointment with Brown is he teased us for 2 months of what he is capable of doing and can't get anywhere close to that level.

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
May as well throw Bynum in to even out the four major sports.

How is Nola looking? Obviously he is getting outs, but does he look good? I have yet to see him pitch

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
nice sweep, phillies actually been playing better of late. I wish we could get rid of brown, I'd even trade him for a case of the BEAST milwuakee's best.

however I dont think the brewers would even make that deal brown is so horrible

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
Haven't followed the Phillies since they were good, admittedly. I'm interested again. Who's good in the pipeline? Who has trade value?

Angels have expressed interest in Utley, although I don't see us getting much for him. Obviously, the truck load of talent will be with hamels trade.

Ryan howard has some value this year, but not sure where he would go.

Francouer has value, but to be honest I'd like to keep him. He has bounced around for so long he finally has found a team.

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
Should we bring up Jesse biddle at this point and let him get some big league Exp, we have nothing to loose by letting as many prospects we have get big league exp.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Haven't followed the Phillies since they were good, admittedly. I'm interested again. Who's good in the pipeline? Who has trade value?

JP Crawford & Aaron Nola (currently up with the Phils right now) are the headliners as far as prospects go.

Hamels is probably the only guy with real good trade value. Papelbon is probably next in line but he shouldn't bring anything crazy back if he is indeed moved.

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
JP Crawford & Aaron Nola (currently up with the Phils right now) are the headliners as far as prospects go.

Hamels is probably the only guy with real good trade value. Papelbon is probably next in line but he shouldn't bring anything crazy back if he is indeed moved.

building the new phillies not sure what players will get with all these hopeful trades nor how long it will take to build. so lets do it this way.

who in our farm system is good and worth being on phillies, some are on team right now. but how long will it take to find the new CORE PLAYERS the one's who will be good and will last for a good 12 years or so.

so of the 9 position in baseball who is our next group of guys

1B ?
2B hernanadez ?
3B Franco ?
SS Crawford ?
C ?
LF ?
CF ?
RF?

SP need 5 nola , biddle, ? ? ?
RP ? ? ? ?
closer giles

Schwarbomb

Howie Be Thy Name
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
There's Randolph and Kilome. Hopefully they get something good for Hamels and get a stud with the 1st pick next year.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
building the new phillies not sure what players will get with all these hopeful trades nor how long it will take to build. so lets do it this way.

who in our farm system is good and worth being on phillies, some are on team right now. but how long will it take to find the new CORE PLAYERS the one's who will be good and will last for a good 12 years or so.

1B ?
2B hernanadez ?
3B Franco ?
SS Crawford ?
C ?
LF ?
CF ?
RF?

RP ? ? ? ?
closer giles

Prospects are such a crapshoot in baseball so it's tough to really give you an honest answer there.

I do think guys like Galvis, Herrera, & Rupp could serve a purpose going forward. They won't be world beaters but they could provide solid depth.

whitstifier

Honor Black Excellence in Hockey
Mar 19, 2013

1B ?
2B hernanadez ?
3B Franco ?
SS Crawford ?
C ?
LF ?
CF ?
RF?

RP ? ? ? ?
closer giles

Kilome has ace potential. Not sure if the Phillies have any pitchers close to him in their system.

I'd try for Wieters or Heyward. Maybe a SP too. Philadelphia has the luxury to rebuild through FA.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Ok so if the Rangers are the front-runners as is being reported, what are we expecting the package to be? I know very little of the Rangers farm team, but their top two prospects according to Baseball America (aside from Gallo who is now in the majors) are Jake Thompson (RHP) and Jorge Alfaro (C). Do you think we'd be going after both of them? Alfaro makes sense given the Phillies need at catcher, but I think another outfielder would be a better option than a pitcher. Nomar Mazara and Nick Williams are their next two prospects and both play the OF. Could they get three out of those four? If they can only get one or two, what else would be included? I haven't seen what is being discussed, I've just heard that the Rangers are the front-runners and they have the depth to get him.

Mkoll

Inkvisiittori
Jul 5, 2008
New Brunswick, Canada
Ok so if the Rangers are the front-runners as is being reported, what are we expecting the package to be? I know very little of the Rangers farm team, but their top two prospects according to Baseball America (aside from Gallo who is now in the majors) are Jake Thompson (RHP) and Jorge Alfaro (C). Do you think we'd be going after both of them? Alfaro makes sense given the Phillies need at catcher, but I think another outfielder would be a better option than a pitcher. Nomar Mazara and Nick Williams are their next two prospects and both play the OF. Could they get three out of those four? If they can only get one or two, what else would be included? I haven't seen what is being discussed, I've just heard that the Rangers are the front-runners and they have the depth to get him.

I am actually a Rangers fan:) I really hope we dont trade Alfaro, we are as in need of a catcher as anyone.
I have heard Mazara as being involved in the trade rumours though.

here is an example from one of the Rangers' messages boards for a Hamels trade:
Mazara, Thompson, Brinson, and couple lower level prospects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad