GDT: Philadelphia @ Montréal - 19:30 EDT ~ SNE/RDS/CSN-PH

Status
Not open for further replies.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
On paper, we should dominate but this one has the makings of a trap game. That being said, I'm not sure that flyers defense can keep up. I think it'll be a high scoring affair.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Last edited by a moderator:

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I still think he can be a player. A bit of a kick in the ass might be huge for him. Sometimes players need that. he can definitely be better than he was in preseason. We may have dodged a bullet having him clear waivers.

You maybe right. He was out there for other teams to take. I remember years ago the Habs had a player named Jim Campbell who scored 10 goals in 3 AHL games. It did not really translate for him though to NHL success.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Love that PP change.

Markov-Petry is a fine 2nd pairing against weaker competition, and Radulov is used properly on the 1st unit.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
1st PP unit looks interesting, however, the 2nd pp unit has nobody to command the right side the way galchenyuk would on the 1st unit. Nor does the 2nd unit have one guy who can easily enter the zone and create a setup on their own without shooting the puck in.

This is basically loading up the 1st unit and hoping that it sparks the PP

CHaracter79

Apr 21, 2014
1st PP unit looks interesting, however, the 2nd pp unit has nobody to command the right side the way galchenyuk would on the 1st unit. Nor does the 2nd unit have one guy who can easily enter the zone and create a setup on their own without shooting the puck in.

This is basically loading up the 1st unit and hoping that it sparks the PP

was thinking the same thing. I would have Chucky play up top on right side switching on ice with radu durign live play. they pose a heavy threat for the right and may just open up weber on LD point for a blast. id also have gallagher in front of net and either lehkonen or plekanec as the third fw.

on 2nd PP id probably play Petry on right and markov on left with patches up top on the right and DD down low with shaw in front of net.

LEhkonen-Gallagher CHUCKY

WEBER RAdu

SHAW PLEK/DD PAtches

MArkov-----PEtry

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
Sorry for spoilers boys, but ;

1st period :
1-0 PHI / Jakub Voracek , Simmonds and Macdonald
1-1 TIE / PPG Alex Galchenyuk , Radulov and Weber

MTL SHOTS ; 9
PHI SHOTS ; 13

2nd period :
2-1 MTL / Artturi Lehkonen , Beaulieu and Radulov
2-2 TIE / Claude Giroux , Gostisbehere
3-2 MTL / Alex Galchenyuk , Gallagher and Pacioretty

MTL SHOTS ; 14
PHI SHOTS ; 8

3rd period :
4-2 MTL / Nathan Beaulieu , Lehkonen
5-2 MTL / PPG Shea Weber , Galchenyuk and Radulov
6-2 MTL / Philip Danault , Mitchell

MTL SHOTS ; 13 TOTAL : 36
PHI SHOTS ; 12 TOTAL : 33

Price .939% // Galchenyuk 2G 1A // Radulov 3A // Weber 1G 1A // Lehkonen 1G 1A // Beaulieu 1G 1A // Danault 1G // Gallagher 1A // Pacioretty 1A // Mitchell 1A

ColinO

Jul 24, 2015

1st period :

MTL SHOTS ; 9
PHI SHOTS ; 13

2nd period :

MTL SHOTS ; 14
PHI SHOTS ; 8

3rd period :

Price .939% // Galchenyuk 2G 1A // Radulov 3A // Weber 1G 1A // Lehkonen 1G 1A // Beaulieu 1G 1A // Danault 1G // Gallagher 1A // Pacioretty 1A // Mitchell 1A

Wow. Looks like Chucky and A-Rad had good games.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
That second unit has lehkonen to work the side boards, no? It gives him a great opportunity to grow offensively. Let's see what he does with it

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
You maybe right. He was out there for other teams to take. I remember years ago the Habs had a player named Jim Campbell who scored 10 goals in 3 AHL games. It did not really translate for him though to NHL success.

Campbell had the skills to play in the NHL.

He had 2 relatively good seasons with Stl in 96-97 and 97-98. Scored 23 and 22 goals, 43 and 41 points. Scored 7 goals in 10 playoffs games in 98. Then he disappeared.

Often for borderline players it's a matter of being at the right place and at the right time. If Flynn would be waived do you think a team claims him? And If nobody claims him what happens with him next year? A team offers him a contract instead of trying a kid? Not sure about it.

I personally think the difference between good AHLers/good pro European players and bottom 4 NHL players is so marginal most of the time it's just a matter of being at the right place and finding a coach who loves your personality.

I don't think a guy like Glen Metropovit was clearly better than the best AHL players and pro European players. But JM sure was in love with him.

CHaracter79

Apr 21, 2014
That second unit has lehkonen to work the side boards, no? It gives him a great opportunity to grow offensively. Let's see what he does with it

would he be on the side boards or down low next tot he net with shaw in front. seems more of a pleky role to me though

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Campbell had the skills to play in the NHL.

He had 2 relatively good seasons with Stl in 96-97 and 97-98. Scored 23 and 22 goals, 43 and 41 points. Scored 7 goals in 10 playoffs games in 98. Then he disappeared.

Often for borderline players it's a matter of being at the right place and at the right time. If Flynn would be waived do you think a team claims him? And If nobody claims him what happens with him next year? A team offers him a contract instead of trying a kid? Not sure about it.

I personally think the difference between good AHLers/good pro European players and bottom 4 NHL players is so marginal most of the time it's just a matter of being at the right place and finding a coach who loves your personality.

I don't think a guy like Glen Metropovit was clearly better than the best AHL players and pro European players. But JM sure was in love with him.

I agree
I thought he had established his game under Keenan but somehow it did not work out. Ironically years later the Habs signed him.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
would he be on the side boards or down low next tot he net with shaw in front. seems more of a pleky role to me though

Plekanec likes to be down low by the goal line, plus Lehkonen's greatest offensive tool is his shot, I would hope that Muller would recognize that and put him in a position to shoot/one time the puck. Especially since both Weber and Radulov would be able to feed him given their handedness.

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
I'm guessing tonights game will be totally blacked out in western Ontario? Sportsnet East already has it listed as blacked out and I imagine RDS will be blacked out because they only have regional broadcasting deal?

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
I'm guessing tonights game will be totally blacked out in western Ontario? Sportsnet East already has it listed as blacked out and I imagine RDS will be blacked out because they only have regional broadcasting deal?

That's right. The game is on Centre Ice so it's a regional broadcast only.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016

1st period :

MTL SHOTS ; 9
PHI SHOTS ; 13

2nd period :

MTL SHOTS ; 14
PHI SHOTS ; 8

3rd period :

If you could provide the loto numbers to please ;);)

I only hope this is the stat line tomorrow.

Go habs Go

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
Ok so now solely in order to watch the Canadiens play, I'am subscribed to three sports packages, sports package french (RDS,TVA), Sportsnet 360 and others, and now NHL Center Ice, as well at the starter package they make you buy to add packages on to.

Just to watch the habs in comfort.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Outside fan here. Need a replacement player in fantasy for the next couple of days and the Habs are playing a lot of games this week so I decided I'll snag one if your secondary players. Now as an HF member I get that it's annoying when other fans come on here asking questions for their fantasy teams so I apologize for that but if anyone is willing to help me out I'm wondering who would be the better add between Lehkonen and DD?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad