GDT: Philadelphia @ Montréal - 19:30 EDT ~ SNE/RDS/CSN-PH

Status
Not open for further replies.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
Not a fan of Marky off PP1, probably won't last.

As much as I like Radu I don't think a LH shot makes sense in that spot
, he's not much of a shooting threat either but might connect with Chucky's one-timer across.

He likely switches with Weber since he mostly sets up on the left side for the one-timer. Radulov can act as a rover and either be a cross ice passing threat to Chucky or when he switches with Weber becomes a shooting threat from the right point. Or we go umbrella and overload down low with just Weber at the point.

Could be more unpredictable than what we're used to. I can dig it.

zzoo

Mar 9, 2004
On PP, Weber should play on the left side to optimize his powerful slapshot. Moreover, on the left side, he can make diagonal pass to the right side, to Gallagher or Galchenyuk who has a great one-timer on the right side.

GREMLIN

Tanking enthusiast
Sep 19, 2013
He likely switches with Weber since he mostly sets up on the left side for the one-timer. I like it. Radulov can act as a rover and either be a cross ice passing threat to Chucky or when he switches with Weber becomes a shooting threat from the right point. Or we go umbrella and overload down low with Weber at the point.

Might be less predictable than what we're used to.

If Radu ends up on the right side him and Galchenyuk will want the exact same spot. It's the reason why Kuznetsov isn't on the 1PP in Washington, him and Backstrom are great in the same spot.

By "not a shooting threat" I meant Radu's shot isn't much of a threat on the PP wherever he is.

I think Galchenyuk's spot and Gallagher's spot are the ones that are best fitted for Radu's skillset, wouldn't mind Patches off the first unit either as I've never been a fan of his on the PP.

Just saying, I think there are a lot of things to try but replacing Markov is one of the last things I'd do.

Btw, with my luck, me questionning the decision means they're probably scoring 1 or 2 PPG tonight!! :D

Last edited:

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Not 100% verified but I am told no line up changes tonight. Maybe it's time to send Sergachev down. He needs to play and it is easier to shelter him on home ice. I don't see the logic of sitting an 18 year old. Send him to Windsor.

antoniojr

pretty mint.
Feb 21, 2008
Had a good laugh with this GDT.
Well done!

3-1 Habs

Weber
Patches
Radulov

Simmonds

!GHG!

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Trap game, Flyers not to be taken lightly. Will have to be strong defensively. Nice looking GDT btw, I like the fonts used.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
Trap game, Flyers not to be taken lightly. Will have to be strong defensively. Nice looking GDT btw, I like the fonts used.

Flyers have been scoring goals this year. Voracek seems to be playing well. Flyers also have 2 strong net presence in Schenn and Simmonds.
It should be a good game.
Too bad Weise is suspended.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
This is not a offensively challenged team. Habs better play tight D or this could be a 5-4, 6-5 game.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
The Flyers have awful defence and goaltending but it's just one of those matches that can go bad. They have been scoring at a good pace, and have a super high shooting percentage (even higher than ours) so their sticks are red hot at the moment.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I have been cautiously optimistic on this team's mindset in regards to developing Sergachev. With that said I am starting to wane a bit if he starts become a regular in the press box. #6 D should be interchangeable and they should be.

Hullois

Suck it Trebek
Aug 26, 2010
Hull, Qc
The way Sergachev has been playing, I would only use him for home games where you can decide the matchups.

Demon Wolf

Feb 22, 2013
Weird...Markov is probably the most creative PP player we have. He is the one guy I would not remove from the 1st unit.

I'd slot Patches in PP2 and have the first unit be Radulov - Galchenyuk- Gallagher - Markov - Weber.

ColinO

Jul 24, 2015
I don't think that there has been a goal against yet while Max has been on the ice. Should we start a pool?

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
I like having Radulov on the point, our PP is too stationery so having a guy like him who will move around more than Markov would will make it tougher to defend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad