OT: Philadelphia Eagles: Super Bowl LIII Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008

Now that's interesting. Berry was basically the head of scouting in that office. They've had a ton of picks, but they've also found a ton of talent.

*EDIT*@Jtown I chanced it. Not arguing on the biomechanics at all. Worth the risk on a small play to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jtown

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Would you try to get John Ross? Available in Cincy.

I get why people would ask the question given the idea of him as a buy-low, but he's a guy who has absolutely nothing but pure speed who's missed essentially 2 out of the last 4 seasons and wasn't any good when he was on the field at this level.

If someone gives the Bengals any pick at all, they should be overjoyed.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
If you told me in November I would have 3 Gators in my top 25 heading into the Combine, I sure as hell wouldn't have believed you.

Zero surprise I have 4 or 5 Huskies as hopeful Eagles targets, but based on the Washington in-house Combine, Rapp is going to kill it this week and not even make it to 25.

I love this draft.

Last edited:

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
As it was always going to be. I hope he gets paid and in the division.

The surprise is that a GM answered a question.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Jets looking to deal No. 3 pick for draft haul

Eagles have many needs as Jets do and trading up would be dum. However if they did is there a player that you would want at 3? I mean if were talking an elite Left Tackle, or Corner or whatever would you do it?

I’m guessing they’re looking at teams that need QB’s to do that trade with. If Bosa & Williams go #1-2 that pick is going to be pretty valuable as a team might need to trade there to secure Haskins.

#25 to #3 is a long way & there isn’t going to be a player there since the Eagles don’t need a QB that would be worth the things required to do so given their current roster/cap situation.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Reactions: PHILOUDELPHIA

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
i like that gary guy from Michigan, but trading into he top 5 is only valuable if you need a qb.

I only would do it, if I knew it be a Left Tackle that is elite or a True shut down Corner.

We have been Trying to replace Peters for years, Layne is not comfortable on the Left side. It would be easier if he moves to LT and finding an RT is easier. I'm not sure if an elite LT is available, but the LT needs to be addressed first.

Reactions: Jtown

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
i like that gary guy from michigan, but trading into he top 5 is only valuable if you need a qb.

Gary is maybe the biggest risk to me in the whole draft. What exactly is he? I would guess most consider him a 3 Tech, but he also played on the edge a good bit.

He’s quick enough off the snap that it played and looked impressive even on the edge, but he doesn’t have the kind of hips you want to really corner and he certainly doesn’t have any repeatable counter moves for NFL OTs yet.

If you play him at 3T where I assume most would, he’s going to get washed out against the run. Really struggles finding the ball and reading plays quickly, but will absolutely destroy plays if allowed to get upfield by scheme. As explosive as he is off the ball, I don’t like how he moves laterally at all. He stacks blocks up well because his hands are superb, but when he gets rerouted, I don’t see the explosiveness. I’m very, very curious to see his 3 Cone and I hope he goes to a team with a DC that will move him around.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Gary is maybe the biggest risk to me in the whole draft. What exactly is he? I would guess most consider him a 3 Tech, but he also played on the edge a good bit.

He’s quick enough off the snap that it played and looked impressive even on the edge, but he doesn’t have the kind of hips you want to really corner and he certainly doesn’t have any repeatable counter moves for NFL OTs yet.

If you play him at 3T where I assume most would, he’s going to get washed out against the run. Really struggles finding the ball and reading plays quickly, but will absolutely destroy plays if allowed to get upfield by scheme. As explosive as he is off the ball, I don’t like how he moves laterally at all. He stacks blocks up well because his hands are superb, but when he gets rerouted, I don’t see the explosiveness. I’m very, very curious to see his 3 Cone and I hope he goes to a team with a DC that will move him around.

i would imagine he is a guy that gets moved along the dline , and considering how we have used Graham in the past Gary seems like a natural replacement. I just feel like his skill, which is beating olinemen is to invaluable to pass up on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad