OT: Philadelphia Eagles: Super Bowl LIII Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I know Jacksonville is the popular rumor, but Coughlin has never been a fan. It would surprise me.

Well trading him at all would surprise me, but etc.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I don't blame them at all for taking that much money, but I really wish we got a look at the paperwork from this case.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Howard Eakin in typical fashion saying the eagles can be screwed if they sign some free agents and then Nick Foles signs his franchise tag. But I am guessing he forgets the team can resind the tag and let the player go via free agency....

Reactions: Jtown

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
This weird Nick Foles game is baffling.

Look, we can't afford him, he wants to be a FA, he wants to be a starter. Just f***ing let him walk. Yea, maybe he signs with the Redskins or Giants. Oh well. That's the risk you take sometimes.

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
This weird Nick Foles game is baffling.

Look, we can't afford him, he wants to be a FA, he wants to be a starter. Just ****ing let him walk. Yea, maybe he signs with the Redskins or Giants. Oh well. That's the risk you take sometimes.
Yeah at this point just let him go. If you're losing a 3rd round pick or so, then so be it. Guy brought the city a Super Bowl, let him pick his destination as a FA.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Schwarbomb

Howie Be Thy Name
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
I can't imagine they're going to be big spenders this offseason, but with the GOAT Howie anything is possible. They could make a killing in the comp pick department if they want. Something like two 3rd round picks and two 5th round picks in the 2020 draft potentially.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
I think the Eagles can potentially still win here.

I don't know all of the rules, but as far as Foles goes: If we offer the tag and he signs, it's over (if it's an exclusive tag).

There's such thing as a non-exclusive tag where we offer it and a few teams can make FA offers to Nick and we'd have the choice to match. If we don't match, we get two 1st round picks.

I doubt anyone would opt for the 2nd option as a team looking for Nick, but you never know.

If we offer a tag and Nick doesn't sign it, it doesn't really help out situation either though. Sure Nick can't leave, but he doesn't play either.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I, too, would pay 10 cents for a dollar.

I think the Eagles can potentially still win here.

I don't know all of the rules, but as far as Foles goes: If we offer the tag and he signs, it's over (if it's an exclusive tag).

There's such thing as a non-exclusive tag where we offer it and a few teams can make FA offers to Nick and we'd have the choice to match. If we don't match, we get two 1st round picks.

I doubt anyone would opt for the 2nd option as a team looking for Nick, but you never know.

If we offer a tag and Nick doesn't sign it, it doesn't really help out situation either though. Sure Nick can't leave, but he doesn't play either.

The difference between the exclusive and non-exclusive QB tags is only $2,222,000. That's not really going to make a difference here.

Either way, if he signs it, you're guaranteed to have Peters and Jerningan out the door, plus at least one and probably both of Agholor and Long. Maybe there's a slight possibility you could work out a new deal with Agholor that keeps a low enough number this year, but then you're carrying more of his hit forward into Wentz extension years, which is really not where you want to be.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
I, too, would pay 10 cents for a dollar.

The difference between the exclusive and non-exclusive QB tags is only $2,222,000. That's not really going to make a difference here.

Either way, if he signs it, you're guaranteed to have Peters and Jerningan out the door, plus at least one and probably both of Agholor and Long. Maybe there's a slight possibility you could work out a new deal with Agholor that keeps a low enough number this year, but then you're carrying more of his hit forward into Wentz extension years, which is really not where you want to be.

I'm not saying financially there's a difference, but rather the move-ability of Nick Foles to another team is better (by having trade options while still limiting Foles' movement).

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I'm not saying financially there's a difference, but rather the move-ability of Nick Foles to another team is better (by having trade options while still limiting Foles' movement).

If someone is trading for him, it's not on the tender. You don't give up a highish pick without a contract worked out in the NFL, doubly so for a QB.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
If someone is trading for him, it's not on the tender. You don't give up a highish pick without a contract worked out in the NFL, doubly so for a QB.

Well I agree -- I said that in my original statement as well. I'm just making the point that there's more possibility for a good outcome than simply just "If Nick is offered the tag, it's get traded or stay with us." It's more complex than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad