OT: Philadelphia Eagles Regular Season: Super Bowl Rematch

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008

He wants this to be a media circus. It’s not about football with this guy like he pretends it is. If it was he would have been a backup somewhere or played in Canada.

How does this answer the point I presented?

Why is the NFL all of a sudden being magnanimous and giving some mega-workout to a player, which never happens.

They're doing it to screw Kaepernick permanently. He's playing chess with them, just as they're doing to him. It's all one giant game now.

Who offered him a contract as a backup QB? As far as I'm aware, he's never been offered one by an NFL team. I suppose he could play in Canada (maybe?), but what if he just wants to play in the NFL or not at all?

Now mind you: at this point, it would be stupid for the sake of the movement that has happened as a result of his kneeling/sitting for him to sign an NFL contract. It's all negated if he signs a 1-year deal as a backup.

However: There's no question in my mind he has been blackballed by 32 teams, several of which have employed known abusers, rapists, and possible murderers, just because he knelt during the anthem.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018

Why is the NFL all of a sudden being magnanimous and giving some mega-workout to a player, which never happens.

They're doing it to screw Kaepernick permanently. He's playing chess with them, just as they're doing to him. It's all one giant game now.

Who offered him a contract as a backup QB? As far as I'm aware, he's never been offered one by an NFL team. I suppose he could play in Canada (maybe?), but what if he just wants to play in the NFL or not at all?

Now mind you: at this point, it would be stupid for the sake of the movement that has happened as a result of his kneeling/sitting for him to sign an NFL contract. It's all negated if he signs a 1-year deal as a backup.

However: There's no question in my mind he has been blackballed by 32 teams, several of which have employed known abusers, rapists, and possible murderers, just because he knelt during the anthem.
Woe is he

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Yeah he's not taking a serious path back. He's taking a path to attention. The CFL is probably his only real path. What team wants a backup that would be a huge distraction? It's the same reason nobody would want Tebow.

That's just not true. Tebow was on several teams, a major TV analyst, and is now playing pro baseball.

Kaep seems to be flatout blackballed just cuz.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey

It's a game on both sides, Kaepernick is playing the same exact game that the NFL is doing. Why should the NFL let him make a mockery of their league?

Kaepernick already is screwed permanently and it's because he's not a good football player, not because of the NFL messing with him. He doesn't want to play football but will continue to pretend that he does as long as it keeps his name in the headlines. Look no further than his workout being turned into a Nike commercial.

He was going to sign with the Ravens until his girlfriend, who I believe turned him into this social justice person, decided it would be a good idea to put a tweet out depicting the Ravens owner as a slave owner... You reap what you sow.

If he really cared about getting back to playing in the NFL he would attempt any means necessary to do so. He hasn't. It's as simple as that.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
That's just not true. Tebow was on several teams, a major TV analyst, and is now playing pro baseball.

Kaep seems to be flatout blackballed just cuz.

He played as a QB on only 1 team. Then he played as a TE in NYJ. So yeah, not "several teams." Nobody wants a distraction like that as a backup QB. A circus followed him, and with a backup like that every time the starter struggles you'll have a horde calling for the backup.

Do you forget all the people claiming he was being persecuted for his faith when no other team wanted him as a QB?

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
It's a game on both sides, Kaepernick is playing the same exact game that the NFL is doing. Why should the NFL let him make a mockery of their league?

Kaepernick already is screwed permanently and it's because he's not a good football player, not because of the NFL messing with him. He doesn't want to play football but will continue to pretend that he does as long as it keeps his name in the headlines. Look no further than his workout being turned into a Nike commercial.

He was going to sign with the Ravens until his girlfriend, who I believe turned him into this social justice person, decided it would be a good idea to put a tweet out depicting the Ravens owner as a slave owner... You reap what you sow.

It's a game on both sides now, yes. Why didn't Kaep get a job a few years back though? He was certainly good enough to be a backup on any time, and even start on a few. Wasn't really a game back then -- Kaep was doing his thing, the media and some hardcore fans blew it up as an attack on America, and now he's apparently the most selfish dude ever who wasn't a good player anyway (which is just a lie).

But I still haven't had this answered by anyone: Why was the NFL putting on a workout for him? The NFL legitimately doesn't do that for anyone. And why NOW, when Kaep news was basically dead? This is just stupid on the NFL's part.

I looked up that Ravens report: doesn't seem to be actually true. It's controversial, at best. The tweet definitely happened, but there's still nothing other than Ray Lewis' word (possible murderer, mind you) that says he was going to be offered a contract.

Reactions: Jtown

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
He played as a QB on only 1 team. Then he played as a TE in NYJ. So yeah, not "several teams." Nobody wants a distraction like that as a backup QB. A circus followed him, and with a backup like that every time the starter struggles you'll have a horde calling for the backup.

Do you forget all the people claiming he was being persecuted for his faith when no other team wanted him as a QB?

Tebow was signed by the Eagles and the Patriots. It's several teams like I said.

Take a guess at why he was playing TE with those teams...could it be that he wasn't a good QB and not because of his "distraction" like you proposed?

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
It's a game on both sides now, yes. Why didn't Kaep get a job a few years back though? He was certainly good enough to be a backup on any time, and even start on a few. Wasn't really a game back then -- Kaep was doing his thing, the media and some hardcore fans blew it up as an attack on America, and now he's apparently the most selfish dude ever who wasn't a good player anyway (which is just a lie).

But I still haven't had this answered by anyone: Why was the NFL putting on a workout for him? The NFL legitimately doesn't do that for anyone. And why NOW, when Kaep news was basically dead? This is just stupid on the NFL's part.

I looked up that Ravens report: doesn't seem to be actually true. It's controversial, at best. The tweet definitely happened, but there's still nothing other than Ray Lewis' word (possible murderer, mind you) that says he was going to be offered a contract.

Why? Because he wasn't a good football player. He was terrible with the 49ers at the end and didn't start "acting out" until he realized that he lost the starters job. Kaepernick has freedom of speech, but he doesn't have protection from the consequences that come with it. The NFL and it's teams had every right not to sign the guy. Any team signing him would be a poor business decision because his talent level didn't justify the backlash that would come with signing him.

I've said since this was announced that it made no sense. The NFL has a history of doing really stupid things. This is just another one that doesn't make any sense.

Harbaugh brought up Kaepernick's name on his own after Flacco got hurt. Even if Lewis wasn't telling the entire truth, why would a team bother signing a player who's girlfriend is going to tweet something like that? Let alone someone who has all the other baggage that he has.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Tebow was signed by the Eagles and the Patriots. It's several teams like I said.

Take a guess at why he was playing TE with those teams...could it be that he wasn't a good QB and not because of his "distraction" like you proposed?

So you really don't remember how there was a horde of people claiming he was being persecuted when he wasn't being played as a QB, and when he was a QB, when he wasn't starting? Teams don't value that level of circus.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Why? Because he wasn't a good football player. He was terrible with the 49ers at the end and didn't start "acting out" until he realized that he lost the starters job. Kaepernick has freedom of speech, but he doesn't have protection from the consequences that come with it. The NFL and it's teams had every right not to sign the guy. Any team signing him would be a poor business decision because his talent level didn't justify the backlash that would come with signing him.

I've said since this was announced that it made no sense. The NFL has a history of doing really stupid things. This is just another one that doesn't make any sense.

Harbaugh brought up Kaepernick's name on his own after Flacco got hurt. Even if Lewis wasn't telling the entire truth, why would a team bother signing a player who's girlfriend is going to tweet something like that? Let alone someone who has all the other baggage that he has.

There is the well-researched response I was expecting.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
What is there to research? He's a distraction, and even in a comeback attempt, is still a distraction. This is not a shock.

1. Find out which contracts he was offered by NFL teams, since he *wasn't* blackballed
2. Compare stats to other QBs the year he stopped and the year after to see if the argument of him "not being good enough to get signed" is justified or makes absolutely any sense.

There's 2 that are constructive for this discussion.

He was a distraction the first time because he was made into a distraction. He just didn't pledge for the flag and everyone lost their minds. The public made him a symbol of a movement (which is a good movement, truthfully) -- it's always the public that creates these figures.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
i know i should be criticizing your posts and not you, but all of your posts seems to have a clear biased and uninformed agenda. Clearly you don't like Kaep, mind elaborating on that for us.

Ah, yes because my responses have been so uninformed on the subject.

I don't have any issues with the guy personally. I just don't see this guy as the martyr he's made out to be. Every single thing he has brought upon himself.

He's a highly overrated quarterback who isn't worth the circus that comes with him.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Ah, yes because my responses have been so uninformed on the subject.

I don't have any issues with the guy personally. I just don't see this guy as the martyr he's made out to be. Every single thing he has brought upon himself.

He's a highly overrated quarterback who isn't worth the circus that comes with him.

he brought upon himself? He is single handedly responsible for one of the largest grassroots efforts by public figures to bring attention to an issue that has been swept under the rug by media for far too long. He could have sat back and collected his money and kept his mouth shut but instead he decided to make his life about something much more. IN a day in age where people sell out left and right for celebrity , fame and money to see someone go against the grain deserves nothing but admiration and respect.

Reactions: mmvvpp

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008

He was "bad" with the Niners at the end, sure...but still starter-worthy for a few teams and definitely as a top backup QB. If they don't want to sign him, that's fine -- but are we crucifying this dude for kneeling/sitting yet are cool with teams thinking Kareem Hunt or Ray Rice can be back in the league?! You'd think Kap was worse than these guys.

The point I'm making is: He's clearly been blackballed and this workout is meant to make it appear he hasn't been, when he obviously has been. He's definitely playing a game with the NFL now, but what else is there to do? It's more profitable personally and beneficial to society to not be in the NFL right now at his age. He's been out of the league for years at this point so yeah -- he probably isn't great at this point.

So we just assume the NFL is being stupid and that's it? We're willing to dive into the nuance on these other issues around Kaep but when pressed about why the NFL would do this workout for a very specific, controversial player, we just throw our hands up and go "I dunno they do this all the time"

I'm just asking y'all to call a spade a spade: He was blackballed by the NFL teams (still is) and the NFL itself is trying to bone him with this nonsense workout. It's all strategy to ruin him in the end, which is super villainous.

It'd hurt his chances of being signed, but it's awfully convenient that the tweet came out the night before he was supposedly about to be offered a deal. Sounds like a good way for a team/team rep to make it seem like Kaep wasn't being blackballed without ever having to actually prove it.

Reactions: Jtown

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
he brought upon himself? He is single handedly responsible for one of the largest grassroots efforts by public figures to bring attention to an issue that has been swept under the rug by media for far too long. He could have sat back and collected his money and kept his mouth shut but instead he decided to make his life about something much more. IN a day in age where people sell out left and right for celebrity , fame and money to see someone go against the grain deserves nothing but admiration and respect.

He didn't start until after he lost his starting job.

He is more famous now than he would be if he continued to play football, so in a way he did sell out.

He's a face for Nike a company that uses sweatshops in China and just recently bended the knee to their government. Why didn't he speak out upon that? Hmm...

EDIT: Also, my last tweet that I posted regarding most teams not being in attendance, that was on him. 25 teams were scheduled to view his workout and once he changed the location only reps from 7 teams made it. So essentially he wasted 18 teams time. That's on him.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad