OT: Philadelphia Eagles Regular Season: Super Bowl Rematch

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
So you really don't remember how there was a horde of people claiming he was being persecuted when he wasn't being played as a QB, and when he was a QB, when he wasn't starting? Teams don't value that level of circus.

"Persecuted"? No. I'm sure many thought it was stupid to sign a QB and play him at TE, but "persecuted" is not a word I'd say I remembered.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Alright, imma take a chill pill and bow out of this one since (as I've learned with the Kaep situation), there's no potential to change minds on this one.

To put it simply: I think Kaep is a "problem" created by everyone else. The NFL is trying to kill him as a symbol 'Gladiator' style (I.e. Commodus killing Maximus 1v1 in the Coliseum instead of just killing him in secret) by doing this facade of a workout. Kaep is playing his own chess game back to the NFL and somehow Kaep is the only one taking heat in this whole deal. Teams and the public have drawn an odd line of ethics at this kneeling dude, I think.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
He didn't start until after he lost his starting job.

He is more famous now than he would be if he continued to play football, so in a way he did sell out.

He's a face for Nike a company that uses sweatshops in China and just recently bended the knee to their government. Why didn't he speak out upon that? Hmm...

wait so you're upset about the timing of this?

He is famous because of how honorable and selfless his actions are.

Do Nike Factory Workers in Vietnam Earn 20 Cents Per Hour?

Just cause you are an advocate for one cause doesn't mean you are an advocate for all causes. I wear nikes everday, I dont like seeing people get exploited but really what can i do. Kaep is a black man seeing black men being murdered by police. That speaks to him.

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
I really couldn't care less if a player protests the flag or anthem. But I think it has become pretty clear Kapernic benefits more financially and socially by NOT being in the NFL. If he goes back and is just a generic backup QB or a fringe starter it takes away a bit from his whole "I was blacklisted just for my beliefs even though I am a top 10 QB" thing.

that all being said the NFL clearly is doing this oddly timed and regulated workout just mainly for PR, but it also benefits Kaepernick to not be seen as capitulating and accepting everything they say (hence the location change).

I don't think either side really wants an actual legit workout for a entry back into the league.

Reactions: BrindamoursNose

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
Kaep discussion on a hockey forum? Sign me UP
tz27(1).gif

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
wait so you're upset about the timing of this?

He is famous because of how honorable and selfless his actions are.

Do Nike Factory Workers in Vietnam Earn 20 Cents Per Hour?

Just cause you are an advocate for one cause doesn't mean you are an advocate for all causes. I wear nikes everday, I dont like seeing people get exploited but really what can i do. Kaep is a black man seeing black men being murdered by police. That speaks to him.

I'm saying he's a phony. When things were going good he was silent. The idea that this guy "sacrificed everything" is a farce. He made a business decision and it's simple as that.

The guy complains about US oppression while wearing a Fidel Castro shirt while in Miami and actually defends Castro when questioned about it. It's inexcusable from someone who stands on his soapbox about oppression.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
I'm saying he's a phony. That's what i'm saying. When things were going good he was silent. The idea that this guy "sacrificed everything" is a farce. He made a business decision and it's simple as that.

The guy complains about US oppression while wearing a Fidel Castro shirt while in Miami and actually defends Castro when questioned about it. It's inexcusable from someone who stands on his soapbox about oppression.
"Sacrificed everything" someone's been watching too many Nike commercials

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Is he even black?

He’s black & white.

I honestly thought he was like middle eastern descent or something back when he was with Nevada in college & early into his NFL career.

He’s from Wisconsin & he was adopted or something from a white family in California I believe. Not sure if that’s where his last name comes from or not.

Last edited:

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
The only way kaep was going to get a workout with NFL teams there was if it was an event like this. Nobody is going to invite him to win a job as a backup, then when he's not good enough release him just to have sjws bash them incessantly and act like it's a black thing rather than a talent thing. The risk and exposure teams would have to endure to bring him in for a workout far outweighs the reward and talent kaep will bring any team. He was a borderline starter 4 years ago. No team is dealing with his baggage for a guy who is a backup on most teams and the teams he would start for are awful and would be relegated to a circus if they brought him in and even worse would be crucified if they released him. Is Dez Bryant blackballed too? No. He's just not that good.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
It’s always about money and attention. Just like when huge companies make a fuss about social issues... they don’t care, it’s a business move.

I don’t know how people still fall for these acts.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Schwarbomb

Howie Be Thy Name
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
A very similar thing happened in the past between two linemen, and the guy who connected with the helmet shot apparently only got a 1 game suspension. I saw it on twitter, but of course can't find it again.

Edit:

Reactions: Jtown

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
A very similar thing happened in the past between two linemen, and the guy who connected with the helmet shot apparently only got a 1 game suspension. I saw it on twitter, but of course can't find it again.

Edit:

I don’t see them as comparable. One was a “reaction” and the other was voluntary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad