OT: Philadelphia Eagles Regular Season: Super Bowl Rematch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
There Are some screen shots out there on twitter that not only show that randolph started this melee but escalated it.

It doesn’t matter who escalated it. You don’t hit someone over the head with a helmet.

Bur I’ll play along.

Garrett didn’t need to take Rudolph to the ground in the first place and it looked like Rudolph’s hand was stuck in Garrett’s helmet. He didn’t want his finger breaking when Garrett got up.

Also, I’m assuming you’re referencing that they were separated and Rudolph came back towards Garrett. Myles was in soooo much danger with a QB with no helmet coming at him.

There’s no justification for Garrett using a helmet as a weapon by hitting a helmetless player. I’m not even convinced @Captain Dave Poulin would defend it.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
It doesn’t matter who escalated it. You don’t hit someone over the head with a helmet.

Bur I’ll play along.

Garrett didn’t need to take Rudolph to the ground in the first place and it looked like Rudolph’s hand was stuck in Garrett’s helmet. He didn’t want his finger breaking when Garrett got up.

Also, I’m assuming you’re referencing that they were separated and Rudolph came back towards Garrett. Myles was in soooo much danger with a QB with no helmet coming at him.

There’s no justification for Garrett using a helmet as a weapon by hitting a helmetless player. I’m not even convinced @Captain Dave Poulin would defend it.

It look like a clear nut punch at the worst and was at least engaging him

FatTugboatFlahr

Apr 6, 2012
Philadelphia
871FDA2E-274E-4C9C-B25A-9FA8DE8E5F05.jpeg

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
There Are some screen shots out there on twitter that not only show that randolph started this melee but escalated it.

No. Garrett was out of control from the start. It was a late hit on Rudolph and he got in his face to boot after driving him into the ground. Rudolph was defending himself. Garrett was completely out of his mind from start to finish.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
No. Garrett was out of control from the start. It was a late hit on Rudolph and he got in his face to boot after driving him into the ground. Rudolph was defending himself. Garrett was completely out of his mind from start to finish.
there's no way that's characterized as a late hit
Rudo was basically still throwing the ball when the initial contact by Garrett was made

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
agreed-we're getting semantical, it just wasn't a classic "late hit" two seconds after the ball was gone

It's a late hit on a play where your team is up by two touchdowns with less than fifteen seconds on the clock and yet you still feel the need to wrap up the QB after the ball is gone and roll him to the ground.

It was unnecessary.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
late hit & driving the QB to the ground are 2 different penalties
you said it was a late hit, which it clearly was not

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
late hit & driving the QB to the ground are 2 different penalties
you said it was a late hit, which it clearly was not

There was no reason to hold onto him that long and then bring him to the ground so it was both.

Far less has been called in the past in this league that has made both @Captain Dave Poulin and myself's eyes bleed.

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
If I was Garrett and wanted to go full Bruce Banner on somebody I wouldnt have wasted it on a backup QB playing for an irrelevant team in a meaningless game.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

Bur I’ll play along.

No, I wouldn't - there are two separate issues here. One is Garrett's actions, isolated from the context of who he was playing. Though he was viciously provoked by a scroteless young b***h who was clearly on the rag, you can't swing your helmet at a b***h's bare head, regardless of how utterly hilarious it is to watch over and over and over again, with the knowledge in hindsight that no actual cranial damage was done to the b***h. I think you will agree that that is a perfectly objective analysis of the situation with no bias for or against any of the principal actors.

The other issue is the ****ing working-class heroes getting another hero edit by the national media for the ~50th year in a row without surcease, and the way that despite an entire metropolitan area's worth of mongrels waving ****ing urine-yellow towels absolutely drenched in *** and other disgusting bodily fluids in the air with no regard whatsoever for their fellow man and the crisis we are already weathering with the methane output of gassy cows, they can do no wrong and no one can see the urine-yellow veil pulled across their eyes.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
No, I wouldn't - there are two separate issues here. One is Garrett's actions, isolated from the context of who he was playing. Though he was viciously provoked by a scroteless young b***h who was clearly on the rag, you can't swing your helmet at a b***h's bare head, regardless of how utterly hilarious it is to watch over and over and over again, with the knowledge in hindsight that no actual cranial damage was done to the b***h. I think you will agree that that is a perfectly objective analysis of the situation with no bias for or against any of the principal actors.

The other issue is the ****ing working-class heroes getting another hero edit by the national media for the ~50th year in a row without surcease, and the way that despite an entire metropolitan area's worth of mongrels waving ****ing urine-yellow towels absolutely drenched in *** and other disgusting bodily fluids in the air with no regard whatsoever for their fellow man and the crisis we are already weathering with the methane output of gassy cows, they can do no wrong and no one can see the urine-yellow veil pulled across their eyes.

Great post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad