OT: Philadelphia Eagles: Once You Start Down The Dark Path, Forever Will It Dominate Your Destiny

Status
Not open for further replies.

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018
I bet wentz would look alot better, if they ran rpo's like they did with foles. why they stopped running them is a mystery to me, especally since they won a sb with it.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
this shit here just gives you a greater appreciation for Belichick. The only coach who has really ever been able to sustain success without a generational level of talent surrounding him .

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Teams that have gone to 3 superbowls straight or 4 our of 5 year years.

3 NFL Teams Who Made It to the Super Bowl 3 Straight Years

plus pittsburgh. Outside of that window of success , none of the coaches were able to duplicate that success. Indicating that those teams had amassed a level of superior talent. That is the case.

That is not the case with the Pats.

That Thomas Edward Patrick Brady Jr. guy is pretty generational and superior...

Does Belichick do this without Brady? No.
Does Brady do this without Belichick? No.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
That Thomas Edward Patrick Brady Jr. guy is pretty generational and superior...

Does Belichick do this without Brady? No.
Does Brady do this without Belichick? No.

That is one player. To sustain great success over many years requires multiple players. For instance the talent level of the cowboys teams in the early nineties was probably the best collection of talent ever accumulated.

Brady has been elite, but he has struggled this season and the pats are still atop the afc .

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
this **** here just gives you a greater appreciation for Belichick. The only coach who has really ever been able to sustain success without a generational level of talent surrounding him .

ap-andy-reid.jpg

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
That is one player. To sustain great success over many years requires multiple players. For instance the talent level of the cowboys teams in the early nineties was probably the best collection of talent ever accumulated.

Brady has been elite, but he has struggled this season and the pats are still atop the afc .

They're atop the AFC because they haven't played any decent teams. The end is near for Brady and Belichick. More so Brady (obviously).

They very well may win another Super Bowl this year but my point stands. Belichick has done this because of Brady and Brady has done this because of Belichick.

Last edited:

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
only for one of those 2. Do you think they win the superbowl this year?

I don't but I wouldn't be surprised if they did.

I think Belichick could just as easily retire as he doesn't want to deal with looking for a new QB. They're both better off retiring then having their legacy questioned by one being held up by the other by continuing on.

I am not questioning the greatness of Belichick in the slightest just the statement that he hasn't been surrounded by generational talent is quite questionable when he's had the "greatest" QB of all time for 20 years.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
I don't but I wouldn't be surprised if they did.

I think Belichick could just as easily retire as he doesn't want to deal with looking for a new QB. They're both better off retiring then having their legacy questioned by one being held up by the other by continuing on.

Then i am confused by your " The end is near" comment.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Then i am confused by your " The end is near" comment.

Because it is.

The Patriots will get their bye as they always do and then play some trash AFC team in the Divisional Round, which is another quasi bye. So they could fluke into another Super bowl. If Jared Goff wasn't afraid to throw the ball or McVay got out of his diaper last year the Rams very well could have won that game.

For years they've only had to win one game to get to the Super Bowl. Now that Brady is not what he once was they're vulnerable. If the Patriots played the 49ers schedule, i'm not sure they even make the playoffs.

This entire conversation started because you said that he wasn’t surrounded by generational talent or superior talent. The where they are now conversation is just a tangent that we went off on. Having Tom Brady for 20 years qualifies as that. I don’t care about anyone needing anyone else, of which they’ve had some pretty damn good players over the years. Aided by Belichick? Of course. But having one steady QB for twenty years makes everything so much easier for a coach and his longevity.

Last edited:

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Because it is.

The Patriots will get their bye as they always do and then play some trash AFC team in the Divisional Round, which is another quasi bye. So they could fluke into another Super bowl. If Jared Goff wasn't afraid to throw the ball or McVay got out of his diaper last year the Rams very well could have won that game.

For years they've only had to win one game to get to the Super Bowl. Now that Brady is not what he once was they're vulnerable. If the Patriots played the 49ers schedule, i'm not sure they even make the playoffs.

This entire conversation started because you said that he wasn’t surrounded by generational talent or superior talent. Having Tom Brady for 20 years qualifies as that. I don’t care about anyone needing anyone else, of which they’ve had some pretty damn good players over the years. Aided by Belichick? Of course. But having one steady QB for twenty years makes everything so much easier for a coach and his longevity.

we have seen other teams have the same qb stability and not even come close to what belichick has done.

Last edited:

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Again, I’m not arguing that Belichick isn’t a genius. Just that to say that he wasn’t surrounded by superior talent is just not true. The “greatest” QB of all time at your disposal for twenty years qualifies for that alone and that’s without getting into other players they’ve had over the years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad