OT: Philadelphia Eagles: Once You Start Down The Dark Path, Forever Will It Dominate Your Destiny

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Getting back to NFL

Eagles schedule favorable for a run here

With Cowboys in free fall surely there is some expectation that Eagles are about to go on run and take NFC East crown , right?

We are also in a free-fall

This ^^^^^^^

Although we could win the first round game, but after that we will get ran over

I'm saying this as a guy that put $50 on the Eagles to win it all (to be fair to me: it was $50 to win $1150 so I had to do it!) in pre-season...we would be lucky to lose-out almost at this point.

Only reason- the ONLY reason- I want us to make the playoffs is so that I don't hear this Wentz-haters all offseason say "He just can't get it done." If Carson leads the team to a 2nd round win, it'd go a long way in him being the franchise QB here.

But a near-Top 10 pick would be nice right about now...

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Winning the division isn’t going to stop Wentz haters.

In fact it might just give them more ammo when they get blown out at home. “Foles left the field with the lead.”

I can't even disagree with this. Winning the division this year won't be enough -- Wentz has to win a playoff game to get people off of his back a little.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Nope. Not even remotely. It's a suck off. Both teams are terrible and winning the division just prolongs this dumpster fire.

This is how my brain works: I'm probably going to want some Spread and/or Money Line action on whoever hosts SF/Seattle. The public is going to push that way too far.

Sadly I don't put money on Eagles games, so I guess only if it's Dallas could I pull the trigger. That's the less attractive option to me though.

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
Id rather the Redskins win the division. That’s what I’m hoping for.
Garrett is toast in Dallas if he don't win the Super Bowl this season. Really that is his only way to keep his job.

Pederson might be not too far behind him if they continue to lose games when the division is there for the taking.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Winning the division isn’t going to stop Wentz haters.

In fact it might just give them more ammo when they get blown out at home. “Foles left the field with the lead.”

Yeah this is not how Philly haters work. If he is good enough to win the division, then logically he should get to the Super Bowl and anything else is trash.

Sort of like how if Carter was good enough to score 40 goals, he should have been good enough to score 45, and he is damned for not doing so.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
So i'm pretty sure the Eagles HAVE to win out unless the Cowboys lose out. The Cowboys winning one of their games remaining (LAR & WSH) gives them the tiebreaker even if the Eagles beat the Cowboys.

The only way they'll get in with a loss is if Dallas loses out.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
do you think that wentz deserves any criticism? Do you think people are joyous over wentz's regression?

Wentz deserves some criticism, but who doesn't on this team?

If you're saying Wentz regreed, you've got to also include that nearly everyone else did as well (because they're ALL played worse than last season). Only ones you can't pick on are maybe Sanders, Howard, Cox (maybe), and Elliot.

Other than that: they're all to blame, not just Wentz.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Wentz deserves some criticism, but who doesn't on this team?

If you're saying Wentz regreed, you've got to also include that nearly everyone else did as well (because they're ALL played worse than last season). Only ones you can't pick on are maybe Sanders, Howard, Cox (maybe), and Elliot.

Other than that: they're all to blame, not just Wentz.

Undoubtedly. But he is the qb and that alone puts the spotlight on him. I really want to see Josh McCown get in at some point this season. Last year the offense sputtered all season long until Foles came in. If the same thing happens with McCown then we are going to have to have a serious discussion about wentz.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Undoubtedly. But he is the qb and that alone puts the spotlight on him. I really want to see Josh McCown get in at some point this season. Last year the offense sputtered all season long until Foles came in. If the same thing happens with McCown then we are going to have to have a serious discussion about wentz.

So what you're saying is, you want to run Carson out of town and ruin any chance of him being an effective starting QB here in the future.

That's exactly what replacing your starting, franchise 26 year old QB (who just got PAID) with a 40 year old PERENNIAL backup will do.

Carson already has the ghost of Foles (who wasn't that good really, aside from a few MASSIVE wins of course) chasing him, and now you think it'll help him to have the Eagles bench him for McCown the journeyman?

You're riding or dying with Wentz, if you have any sense about managing a team with actual people. Wentz needs to work through issues, not be pulled at any moment for freaking JOSH MCCOWN.

Reactions: phlflyer1

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
If you don't believe that there are "Wentz haters" out there that no matter what the guy does they'll still hate him I don't know what to tell you.

There's a difference between criticizing the guy and what these people do.

there are always going to be people like that. There are people who hate MLK and Michelle Obama. Those opinions don't matter.

However By collectively calling people who criticize Wentz as "Wentz Haters" marginalizes the valid viewpoints of the people who criticize him. Right now a lot of people are criticizing Wentz, and rightfully so. When you bring up the extremes it acts ( perhaps unintentionally) as a deflection for wentz

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
So what you're saying is, you want to run Carson out of town and ruin any chance of him being an effective starting QB here in the future.

That's exactly what replacing your starting, franchise 26 year old QB (who just got PAID) with a 40 year old PERENNIAL backup will do.

Carson already has the ghost of Foles (who wasn't that good really, aside from a few MASSIVE wins of course) chasing him, and now you think it'll help him to have the Eagles bench him for McCown the journeyman?

You're riding or dying with Wentz, if you have any sense about managing a team with actual people. Wentz needs to work through issues, not be pulled at any moment for freaking JOSH MCCOWN.

i did not say pull him. I said I would like to see Josh McCown run this offense. That will tell us how much of the onus is on the periphery , the coaches or Wentz. You don't want to misjudge those things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad