OT: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): #WhateverItT8kes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Eh, I doubt that would happen.

Neither do I, but how can McCoy get away with doing that? I mean, think about it in its entirety, he is essentially tearing down some's morality by calling him that. There should be a fine or something. He is saying that Chip Kelly is one of the worst humans on the planet. Calling somebody a racist against blacks is an AWFUL thing to do. It's despicable. There should be consequences considering they are 100% baseless.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
So do I, but it should. Calling someone a racist not a light accusation, especially with what is going on in this country.

Yeah but you have to have actual damages (i.e. loss of money). If sponsors started pulling out or something, then ok. But if it is just people talking about it on TV, there really isn't much there.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Yeah but you have to have actual damages (i.e. loss of money). If sponsors started pulling out or something, then ok. But if it is just people talking about it on TV, there really isn't much there.

And there could actually be some, but not until later, the speculation is that players that are approached by the Eagles may be deterred, obviously those players have to be pretty dumb to think it, but not out of the question.

Protest

C`est La Vie
Mar 28, 2008
Deptford, NJ

Frank Gore. They'd have to prove it, but it's possible, and if this continues there could be other damages that they might be able to argue stem from this incident. There's also non monetary damages, like defamation of character.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Frank Gore. They'd have to prove it, but it's possible, and if this continues there could be other damages that they might be able to argue stem from this incident. There's also non monetary damages, like defamation of character.

Yeah but then you get in to Chip Kelly being a public figure and then you start talking about basically doing it with the intent to cause harm. And McCoy will say that he believes it to be true and blah blah blah, it just won't happen unless they start losing money or players start refusing to play or something (at which point...it would probably give credence to what McCoy said if other folks believe it to be true as well). Either way McCoy is a jackass.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Kind of hope he gets lit up HARD in Philly.

Demeco & Kiko?

Cox will be in the backfield enough, I'm sure.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Kind of hope he gets lit up HARD in Philly.

Demeco & Kiko?

Cox will be in the backfield enough, I'm sure.

I hope the same. He basically said every single player on the Eagles isn't a good football player. I'm sure they'll have that in the back of their heads and when Shady is bouncing around in the backfield he better watch himself.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Collins went to Dallas, they love their criminals and a-holes there.

How many are they up to now?

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Dark Wizard of the Black Cascade
Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík
I've never understood this mindset. The guy has a particular set of skills and is one of the best at what he does, especially considering his age. Yes, it is a shame that he can't earn millions right off the bat and has to settle for 6 figures.

A lot of people have a particular set of skills. ALOT of people spend thousands and thousands of dollars to go to college, and a lot of people are incredibly bright minds but don't make a fraction of that amount.

For example; Some of the most talented illustrators and painters on the planet barely make enough money to pay their rent every month.

So yes, I have a hard time feeling sorry for a professional athlete who's making 6 figures to play a game.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
A lot of people have a particular set of skills. ALOT of people spend thousands and thousands of dollars to go to college, and a lot of people are incredibly bright minds but don't make a fraction of that amount.

For example; Some of the most talented illustrators and painters on the planet barely make enough money to pay their rent every month.

So yes, I have a hard time feeling sorry for a professional athlete who's making 6 figures to play a game.

So if it happened to you, you wouldn't feel bad for yourself? You'd be perfectly fine losing the opportunity to make that money and get drafted in the first round of a sport that you've trained your entire life for?

Last edited:

SgtJoseph*

Shady's true colors have come out for all to see . It seems to me that Mr Chip knew darn well that " SHADY " is not a good " character" guy to have on the team and Shady's recent comments and behavior certainly illustrate that loud and clear . Chip Kelly knows what he is doing and could care less if folks try and play the race card on him .....He is MUCH bigger than that .

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Dark Wizard of the Black Cascade
Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík
So if it happened to you, you wouldn't feel bad for yourself? You'd be perfectly fine losing the opportunity to make that money and get drafted in the first round of a sport that you've trained your entire life for?

I mean, yeah it would be disappointing for sure. But, from my perspective; not necessarily for the money. Just the IDEA of getting drafted in the 1st round, walking out on that stage and putting the hat on. That's what I would be bummed about not getting to experience.

The contract situation would be what it would be. Yeah it's a lot less than I could have made, but if I continue to work hard and get better, I'm going to be making a hell of a lot more on the next one.

So yeah, disappointing for him, sure, but you have to put it into perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad