OT: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Offseason Edition: Eagles Select Carson Wentz

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Tunsil getting paid at Ole Miss is shocking to no one who is/was aware of his time there.

That's not his problem anymore though & has no effect on him in the NFL. I don't really know what the person was trying to accomplish there with that.

Sniped

Snowballs at Santa
Mar 13, 2013
Philly
Exactly, there's this weird stigma against marijuana that's totally unwarranted.

Its honestly ridiculous that people don't bat an eye at recreational drinking, but marijuana, which isn't even in the same stratosphere in terms of the dangers surrounding it, is looked at as a problem.

I 100% agree with you, but I wouldn't video myself doing it. What the hell is the point of videoing yourself smoking a bong, gas mask or not. Unfortunately marijuana still had a negative connotation to it, but I understand teams taking him off their list considering players like Josh Gordon who can't get even on the field because they can't lay off of it for the sake of their job.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Da'Quan Bowers fell to the 2nd round for a similar red card. Unfortunately the NFL was right on that one.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
While I still believe the Birds gave up too much, I am excited for Carson Wentz. I haven't owned an Eagles jersey since a Randall Cunningham and Hershel Walker jersey I had long ago, but a Wentz jersey could be in my future.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Didinger was on WIP and Angelo asked him for comparables. He said Alex Smith. Of course Angelo cringes. Them Didinger says he's bigger. Faster. Stronger and a better arm. So where is Alex Smith comparable?

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Didinger was on WIP and Angelo asked him for comparables. He said Alex Smith. Of course Angelo cringes. Them Didinger says he's bigger. Faster. Stronger and a better arm. So where is Alex Smith comparable?

You can be bigger, faster, and stronger but still be a comparable QB.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Alex Smith is a style comp and not a bad one. It's probably the most common one I've seen.

I'm sure he compared him to the prospect version rather than the NFL one. Coming out of Utah, Smith was a guy with highlight throws and a ton of physical talent who excelled at throwing on the move within the framework of the offense, but had mental questions. They both showed some ability to go deep into their progressions but neither did so consistently. Both generally took off once a play broke down.

The big difference between the two is the system they ran in college. While many (including myself) take umbrage with how NDSU gets classified as running a pro style offense, it was certainly more so than Urban Meyer's.

Schwarbomb

Howie Be Thy Name
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
I would be enraged if I was a Cowboys fan right now. If their offensive line is so great, why did they cash in #4 on a RB? They had an incredible defensive back prospect sitting there and passed him up. Wentz sure as hell doesn't mind. :laugh:

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Dark Wizard of the Black Cascade
Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík
if Doug Pederson says "heigth" one more ****ing time...

EDIT: Man, watching tape, i REALLY like the way Wentz moves in the pocket. So naturally athletic for a QB his size.

Last edited:

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
yeah he has great movement in the pocket-very strong on that

and yeah, he's bigger than alex smith-but by like half an inch and 15lbs, good comparison tho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad