OT: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Offseason Edition: Eagles Select Carson Wentz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coppy

Apr 30, 2011
So the biggest knocks against Tunsil are that he smokes weed and defends his mom from an abusive husband? Yeah... nobody draft that guy!

Schwarbomb

Howie Be Thy Name
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
These morons have to get Tunsil out of there. Seems like every once and a while they show a humiliated kid after each time he doesn't get picked.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
If he passed a drug test, then he's fine. Passing on him because he smoked a while ago, is dumb.

BTW, are the Browns pulling a Hinkie/Sixers or what?

He has had quite a few off field issues in general though. Not saying it is exactly why but I can see where teams might get scared taking him thinking he will get suspended a few time.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Tunsil was falling out of favor before the video tonight. His upside is huge but he still needs work so with character concerns it's easy to see why some teams would be hesitant to select him. Him & Robert Nkemdiche were really good friends together at Ole Miss both of them got in a lot trouble there over the years.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Tunsil was falling out of favor before the video tonight. His upside is huge but he still needs work so with character concerns it's easy to see why some teams would be hesitant to select him. Him & Robert Nkemdiche were really good friends together at Ole Miss both of them got in a lot trouble there over the years.

This is completely correct. There was even talk out there well before tonight that Tunsil never actually fell and was much more highly thought of in the draftnik community than the NFL.

Nkemdiche could be even more of a steal too. Crazily talented athlete.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Apple has horrendous ball skills. From my understanding of what they want in CBs, I was thinking William Jackson.

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
So the biggest knocks against Tunsil are that he smokes weed and defends his mom from an abusive husband? Yeah... nobody draft that guy!

Smoke pot in college, plummet with commentators ripping your character. Rape a girl and go first overall and not a peep by the draftniks.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Who the **** cares if he smokes weed? ****ing trade up and pick Tunsil, NOW!

Yea I think Josh Gordon thought the same thing....

Again, whatever anyone thinks about it, it is illegal in the NFL. If caught, you get suspended. That isn't changing. I would of course take him and try to work on his issues (which he seems to have a few), but I can see why teams are scared.

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Dark Wizard of the Black Cascade
Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík
Smoke pot in college, plummet with commentators ripping your character. Rape a girl and go first overall and not a peep by the draftniks.

Exactly, there's this weird stigma against marijuana that's totally unwarranted.

Its honestly ridiculous that people don't bat an eye at recreational drinking, but marijuana, which isn't even in the same stratosphere in terms of the dangers surrounding it, is looked at as a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad