OT: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Offseason Edition: Eagles Select Carson Wentz

Status
Not open for further replies.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
For those saying he has impressive pocket movement, how are you defining that?

I'm thinking/hoping you mean his athleticism rather his attempts to extend plays while staying within the pocket or the footwork on his short drops.

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
http://www.nflshop.com/Philadelphia_Eagles_Men_Jerseys

unless NFL shop hasn't changed it, Wentz is going to wear number 1.

i thought it would be 11 the number from college he wore.

but eilliot is wearing 21 and goff is wearing 16 and they have changed it on nfl shop .com but wentz is still wearing 1, so I guess that is what he chose.

I'm ready to buy a wentz jersey but wanted to make sure the number is right before i do.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
For those saying he has impressive pocket movement, how are you defining that?

I'm thinking/hoping you mean his athleticism rather his attempts to extend plays while staying within the pocket or the footwork on his short drops.

Oh man.. I have a feeling we will be going back and forth on Wentz for the next few years ;)

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas

but eilliot is wearing 21 and goff is wearing 16 and they have changed it on nfl shop .com but wentz is still wearing 1, so I guess that is what he chose.

I'm ready to buy a wentz jersey but wanted to make sure the number is right before i do.

I wouldn't assume that. The Eagles may not have finalized it yet.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York

I'm pretty sure that's just the jersey from draft night. They'll give him something different because if they don't, what do they do the next time they draft someone in the first round, give them Carson Wentz's jersey to hold up? :laugh:

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ

I would definitely wait. 1 was the number that he held up last night. Bosa has a 1, so does Ramsey

IrishSniper87

Jun 25, 2007
Media, PA

Wentz ain't wearing #1.

That link also shows the back as "DRAFT PICK".

Let the website update, lol.

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
I wouldn't assume that. The Eagles may not have finalized it yet.

I'm pretty sure that's just the jersey from draft night. They'll give him something different because if they don't, what do they do the next time they draft someone in the first round, give them Carson Wentz's jersey to hold up? :laugh:

well when you go to nflshop.com main page they have updated the other players.

I have a feeling goff, eilliott and wentz would have told their teams if you draft me can i have this number or it would have been assigned.

but the reason i think it's 1 is because its available for purchase.

so i might wait a day or 2 before ordering.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
well when you go to nflshop.com main page they have updated the other players.

I have a feeling goff, eilliott and wentz would have told their teams if you draft me can i have this number or it would have been assigned.

but the reason i think it's 1 is because its available for purchase.

so i might wait a day or 2 before ordering.

But as the post above points out, it's advertised on there as the draft pick jersey.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Oh man.. I have a feeling we will be going back and forth on Wentz for the next few years ;)

Hah! It certainly could be true. I want to be more wrong than anyone has ever been. It's just that if he had all of the strengths some people think he does, he'd be Andrew Luck. It's not productive to be dishonest about his weaknesses. Every star QB has them and it's often more about overcoming them than eliminating.

He shows flashes of brilliance, he has all of the right attitudes and physical abilities someone could ask, and I LOVE the coaching staff they've assembled for him. The pieces are there.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Side question that a few co-workers and I were talking about. Say Braxton Miller is there at our pick. When you have a need for a OL/RB/CB do you take Miller at this position even with those needs?

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Side question that a few co-workers and I were talking about. Say Braxton Miller is there at our pick. When you have a need for a OL/RB/CB do you take Miller at this position even with those needs?

Depends on the board. Assuming Spriggs, Bullard, Chris Jones, Sean Davis, and Whitehead are gone, it's not crazy or anything. I'd rather have Sterling Shepard, but his fit depends on what you think of Matthews. None of the above will be there, though.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Depends on the board. Assuming Spriggs, Bullard, Chris Jones, Sean Davis, and Whitehead are gone, it's not crazy or anything. I'd rather have Sterling Shepard, but his fit depends on what you think of Matthews. None of the above will be there, though.

I guess the question is, if you have that 3rd pick, do you take a chance on a guy that can be REALLY good or gadget only. For a team with no 2nd, it almost might be a risk.

I agree with you though. I do like him. Where he fits will be interesting. Seems to be able to play 3 positions (RB not as much but reading articles they said he could) but taking those players high is always a risk.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I guess the question is, if you have that 3rd pick, do you take a chance on a guy that can be REALLY good or gadget only. For a team with no 2nd, it almost might be a risk.

I agree with you though. I do like him. Where he fits will be interesting. Seems to be able to play 3 positions (RB not as much but reading articles they said he could) but taking those players high is always a risk.

Yup, I hear you. I think he can be more productive than most probably do if he's put in the proper situations. If the Eagles run the type of offense I think most expect, they can get the ball in his hands quickly and let his natural abilities shine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad