OT: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Offseason Edition: Eagles Select Carson Wentz

Status
Not open for further replies.

WastedTalent

who is lord stanley?
Mar 22, 2011
your mind
Although I'm not really expecting anything too amazing for either return, I'm really interested to see what direction they go in at the draft. My guess is that they sign a couple of free agent linemen and go CB/S with their first pick

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
It sucks they didn't suck enough for Tunsil. He's on another level compared to every other OL in this draft. He shouldn't be able to move the way he does carrying that much weight. Mayock comp'd him to Peters.

Jack Conklin out of Michiagn State might actually be the second OT off the board this spring. He had a pretty good combine to the point where people think he's athletic enough to play LT.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
So Eagles traded Murray/Maxwell/Alonso and nobody has any idea what the return is.

For the love of god, I hope there is a 2nd somewhere in there.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Reading a few articles on the trades, seems like most are expecting rounds 5 and later.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
So I think the Eagles are going to be around 27MM in space? I think somebody said they had like 17.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
V. excited to win the salary cap again with Howie! These salary cap trophies are lining up my mantle.

I love how people are making fun of Howie for this but it seems that people get a ***** every time the Flyers clear cap space and are gushing at the cap space the Flyers have but don't want to use it. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

David St Hubbins

Well, you're not as confused as he is.
Jan 24, 2016
Deskfront, facing WSW
Yep, Howie is a regular genius compared to San Franciscos new village idiot. The only problem is, now that we're rid of Chips guys and have a couple more picks and some cap space, the guy to use it is Howie Roseman. :shakehead

Ready for a couple more years of "I know we're below .500 but in a weak NFC East we can still make the playoffs"?

David St Hubbins

Well, you're not as confused as he is.
Jan 24, 2016
Deskfront, facing WSW
I love how people are making fun of Howie for this but it seems that people get a ***** every time the Flyers clear cap space and are gushing at the cap space the Flyers have but don't want to use it. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Snider kicked his Howie upstairs. Laurie gave his a big raise and more power. Can't wait for the next Danny Watkins, Marcus Smith, Namdi, etc.

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.

I never hear the Flyers GMs claiming they won anything when they move a player. I welcome these moves to clear the players but in the end, Roseman has to replace them with guys who can play.

BringBackHakstol

Oct 25, 2005
Philadelphia
I really need to see how much cap space they cleared in the end and if they got any decent picks (unlikely). I get these guys were overpaid and/or underperforming, but you have to keep in mind that they need to replace 3 starters now and it seems hard to believe they can do that with less than what they were paying with them on the roster without some significant cap savings and/or draft picks to get cheaper replacements

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
The problem is with all the cap space clearing, there doesn't appear to be anyone worth pursuing this year. Depending on our cap space and what these guys want, my top targets would be (in no particular order and I'm not suggesting literally signing every one of these guys):

Mario Williams
Janoris Jenkins
Mohamed Sanu
Bruce Irvin
Tashaun Gipson
Brandon Brooks
Travis Benjamin
Prince Amukamura

DrHamburg

Mar 12, 2009
New York
Trading those 3 guys was addition by subtraction. Murray was the worst rb in the league last year and was among the highest paid. The fact someone took him off of your hands is remarkable. Eagles would've given him away for free.

Protest

C`est La Vie
Mar 28, 2008
Deptford, NJ

Cap space in the NHL and NFL aren't really the same. You have to be smarter with contracts in the NHL.

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Trading those 3 guys was addition by subtraction. Murray was the worst rb in the league last year and was among the highest paid. The fact someone took him off of your hands is remarkable. Eagles would've given him away for free.

He was the worst RB in the league the year after being the best RB in the league. He'll land somewhere in the middle. If he's restructuring for the Titans, it'll be good for them (provided they can find someone to block for him.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad