OT: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): LeSean McCoy Traded To Buffalo For Kiko Alonso

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The more I think, the more I dont see there is any reason to believe the Jets stick with Smith another year. I watched a game last year where he threw 3 interceptions on 3 consecutive attempts. That is a special kind of terrible.

New regimes mean new quarterbacks. They'll find a new veteran while they try to develop whoever else. Not terribly impressed with their moves yesterday though.

Tim Tebow

Jan 25, 2012
Westeros
How's the free agent market for wideouts? I don't want to lose Maclin though. That 2009 draft with Maclin and McCoy was my favorite.

Maclin is probably the best WR in the FA market. Randall Cobb is really the only guy who could contest with him.

Behind that it falls off. Andre Johnson is available but of course his prime seems to be behind him. Then there are guys like Michael Crabtree and Cecil Shorts who you could argue as possible gems who were held back by poor offensive teams while guys like Maclin and Cobb had favorable situations.

Keeping Maclin would probably be the safest option though.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I don't so much care about Sanchez as a backup, but letting Maclin go is inexcusable
The two aren't related. Idk what the thinking is with Maclin. Maclin switched agents recently, so that pretty much changed everything. I'm sure the Eagles want him back but at what price? They obviously have a number in mind or else they would have franchised him. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

AndHeMissedTheNet

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Feb 12, 2014
I think Maclin will be resigned.

Are there any actually credible sources that are saying he won't be? Besides merely speculation?

If he's waiting to see what the general concensus is on his value from other teams that would have interest, and if it's in the same ballpark, then he might agree to stay in Philly.

But honestly, i'm expecting someone to overpay.

Chicken Chaser

Zaphod Beeblebrox
Mar 21, 2009
St. James's Gate
Julio Jones.

Falcons traded a 1st Round pick (No. 27), a 2nd Round pick (No.59), and 4th Round pick (No. 124) in 2011, 2012's 1st Round Pick (No. 22), and 4th Round Pick in 2012 (No. 118) to the Browns for the 6th Overall Pick in 2011. Care to guess how many of those players are on the Browns Roster? One.

Falcons are feeling that trade now with their roster being devoid of depth and talent... doesn't matter who the browns drafted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad