OT: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): LeSean McCoy Traded To Buffalo For Kiko Alonso

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
They will re-stock and re-load.

Well my grand master scheme was that he would stay another year, Eagles trade their first this year to some team for a first next year + some other stuff and voila, Eagles have two firsts next year and can offer that type of package to trade up.

Oh, and it meant Mariota was back at Oregon so they would still be at the top.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Kiper has the Eagle Birds taking Marcus Peters (CB, Washington, 5'11", 193) with #20. I do not think I would like that pick depending on what else is on the board. I've seen him go in mocks down in the second round, but that doesn't mean much. If Waynes or whatever from MSU is available, they gotta take him. I don't have access to the insider crap on ESPN so idk if he was available or not at the time.

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/n...r-Eagles/a20fb835-cd64-4ae5-90a8-b17028768993

TheSpectrum

Oct 18, 2011
Seems to be that Cardale is declaring. Very unique situation.

As intriguing as it sounds I don't think the Eagles should consider him until maybe the 4th round where they have an additional pick.

Too many holes on this team right now to consider a flier on a kid with 3 games of experience. The last thing they need is another Marcus Smith situation.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
As intriguing as it sounds I don't think the Eagles should consider him until maybe the 4th round where they have an additional pick.

Too many holes on this team right now to consider a flier on a kid with 3 games of experience. The last thing they need is another Marcus Smith situation.

Oh, I agree. The best case scenario is he goes to a team as 3rd string and just learns/practice for 2 or 3 years.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Yeah I would be interested in Cardale Jones as a late round flier just to see what happens if we don't land a big fish earlier in the draft.

TheSpectrum

Oct 18, 2011
This draft is pivotal for the team. I went back to look at the Cowboys draft history since 2010 and they have been quietly having some very strong drafts during the span. Nothing crazy but they have been netting 2-3 quality starters on every draft and some major All-Pro hauls:

Dez Bryant - All Pro
Sean Lee - All Pro potential but injuries slowed him down

Tyron Smith - All Pro
Bruce Carter
DeMarco Murray - All Pro

2012 (weak)

Tyrone Crawford

Travis Frederick - All Pro
Gavin Escobar
Terrance Williams
JJ Wilcox
Joseph Randle

Zack Martin - All Pro
Demarcus Lawrance (TBD but already looks like a better pick than Marcus Smith)
Anthony Hitchens

The Eagles killed it in 2012 and 2013 but had awful 2010 and 2011 drafts and so far a questionable 2014 one.

There is no question this is the main reason why the Cowboys were able to close the gap this year. The Eagles need to start getting these type of players again.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Kiper has the Eagle Birds taking Marcus Peters (CB, Washington, 5'11", 193) with #20. I do not think I would like that pick depending on what else is on the board. I've seen him go in mocks down in the second round, but that doesn't mean much. If Waynes or whatever from MSU is available, they gotta take him. I don't have access to the insider crap on ESPN so idk if he was available or not at the time.

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/n...r-Eagles/a20fb835-cd64-4ae5-90a8-b17028768993

Has Waynes going 16th Overall to Houston.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Has Waynes going 16th Overall to Houston.

Yeah I could see that. The Texans I could see literally drafting someone at any position in the first round. Outside of QB, they don't really have any glaring needs, though they could use help at pretty much every position. Where is Beasley and Parker going? Those are two guys I'd target in addition to Waynes in the first. Gordon and Gurley I like for the Birds (especially if Shady is given his walking papers). If they aren't making a splash for Mariota, I say go secondary or Beasley, or DeVante Parker if he's there. If none of those guys are there, I consider Gordon or Gurley or maybe even Yeldon. If I don't get a WR in the first round, you gotta try and get Stefon Diggs in the second or maybe third. That kid is fast, my guess is he will be fastest at the combine (for WR, anyway).

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
There is no question this is the main reason why the Cowboys were able to close the gap this year. The Eagles need to start getting these type of players again.
the main reason the Cowboys closed the gap is our QBs turned the ball over 2x per game and theirs didnt.

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
At 20, I'd hope we think long and hard at Shaq Thompson, for safety. I think his potential is through the roof, and I believe he will be able to make the full time transition easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad