OT: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): LeSean McCoy Traded To Buffalo For Kiko Alonso

Status
Not open for further replies.

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
Yeah that's true, a QB with nearly 70% completion percentage and 20:5 TD/INT ration is just ok and really didn't do much for that offense. Those 800+ yards rushing and seven rushing TDs also were ancillary to that great defense and the rest of the supporting cast. He really never was any good.
how has it been since? Do any skins fans you know really get excited about how good RG3 is developing into.

Foles went what 29:2, didn't help last year. Anybody can have a good year. RG3 is not that good. Watch the guy play...watch how bad he struggles when it's not tailor made to suit his limited skillset.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Some of the Eagles beats are listening to NY radio, they are chatting about Foles.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I still would like someone to answer when a blockbuster trad up has worked out. I really don't want the Eagles to be another test case for this.

Julio Jones.

Falcons traded a 1st Round pick (No. 27), a 2nd Round pick (No.59), and 4th Round pick (No. 124) in 2011, 2012's 1st Round Pick (No. 22), and 4th Round Pick in 2012 (No. 118) to the Browns for the 6th Overall Pick in 2011. Care to guess how many of those players are on the Browns Roster? One.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Julio Jones.

Falcons traded a 1st Round pick (No. 27), a 2nd Round pick (No.59), and 4th Round pick (No. 124) in 2011, 2012's 1st Round Pick (No. 22), and 4th Round Pick in 2012 (No. 118) to the Browns for the 6th Overall Pick in 2011. Care to guess how many of those players are on the Browns Roster? One.

lol...well it is the Browns

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
I still would like someone to answer when a blockbuster trade up has worked out.
you don't remember the giants trading up/with SD to get Eli?
they have zero super bowls since scott norwood went wide if not for that

Buffalo traded up just last year to get Sammy Watkins at #4, he's quite good
plenty of other examples over the years...

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
Julio Jones.

This is a goodnexample. Cost is probably a little higher than reportrd Mariota price. And JJ is a good player. Hasn't made the difference though, and for sure didn't make it in his rookie season.

I'd say the Falcons thought they were closer at the time than we are.

What the Browns did with picks isn't exactly what the Falcons would have done

Last edited:

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
you don't remember the giants trading up/with SD to get Eli?
they have zero super bowls since scott norwood went wide if not for that
price wasn't as steep as the Mariota one will be.

Does Eli even get top 10 discussion in the league? Eli played his role for sure, but the defense won them thode rings...not Trent dilfer level of a carry...

The expectation around here is MM is going to set the world on fire, for that cost he NEEDS to.

I think he's going to struggle like crazy In the NFL.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Yea, so far, I'm getting way more positives to a monster trade, than not doing it.

BTW, Bovada put the bet back up, but now its 2/1 Mariota to Eagles, not 4/1

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
And JJ is a good player. Hasn't made the difference though, and for sure didn't make it in his rookie season.

I'd say the Falcons thought they were closer at the time than we are.

What the Browns did with picks isn't exactly what the Falcons would have done

Well then you're looking at every trade in hindsight. No trade is ever going to be a "good one" when you say "well what the Browns did with the picks doesn't matter." The Falcons could have taken the same exact players and they wouldn't have Julio Jones. You're just deadset against taking a chance.

And didn't make a difference in his rookie season? You mean the guy that had 8 TD's and 959 yards in 13 games as a rookie WR isn't making a difference? I'm pretty sure that is one of the best Rookie WR season's in the last 15 years.

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
You're just deadset against taking a chance.
nope. I'm against THIS particular chance though.

And trading 4picks for 1 player is riskier than picking those 4. Odds are you will get one right.

Mariota at say 15...sure trade up.

But basically the high percentage picks for this draft, and next....ya no. This team isn't that good.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
price wasn't as steep as the Mariota one will be.

Does Eli even get top 10 discussion in the league? Eli played his role for sure, but the defense won them thode rings...not Trent dilfer level of a carry...

The expectation around here is MM is going to set the world on fire, for that cost he NEEDS to.

I think he's going to struggle like crazy In the NFL.

so what
you ask for examples when it worked-it works all the time
I gave you one from 2014, the jets traded up and got sheldon richardson in 2013, rookie of the year and pro-bowler now
almost every year there are prominent picks made by teams who moved up
get over it

and lols that the defense won those rings for eli, he was fantastic in both those playoffs, only jaded eagles fans could say otherwise [6 TDs vs 1 pick in '08, 96 QB rating, 9 TDS vs 1 pick in '12, 103 QB rating]. Excellent numbers.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Hollywood, Im working on your new username you will be sporting after the draft.

I look forward to this. Well really I don't because I need me some Mariota. I gotta have it.

59952569.jpg

flybynite77

Mar 1, 2003
Visit site
nope. I'm against THIS particular chance though.

And trading 4picks for 1 player is riskier than picking those 4. Odds are you will get one right.

Mariota at say 15...sure trade up.

But basically the high percentage picks for this draft, and next....ya no. This team isn't that good.

I think you are normally right, but I also think Chip Kelly is in a better position to evaluate Mariota and his chance for NFL success than anyone else in the NFL and Kelly probably has a better read on him than any othef possible first rounder in this draft.

If he is wrong it is a spectacular fail though.

Btw in terms of what it would take to get him if Foles is either part of the initial deal or moved for subsequent picks that mitigates the cost because IMO if you get Mariota you are replacing Foles so he's no longer a significant value to the Eagles.

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
so what
you ask for examples when it worked-it works all the time
I gave you one from 2014, the jets traded up and got sheldon richardson in 2013, rookie of the year and pro-bowler now
almost every year there are prominent picks made by teams who moved up
get over it

and lols that the defense won those rings for eli, he was fantastic in both those playoffs, only jaded eagles fans could say otherwise [6 TDs vs 1 pick in '08, 96 QB rating, 9 TDS vs 1 pick in '12, 103 QB rating]. Excellent numbers.
the jets traded revis for the pick. They didnt trade up.

if we could trade foles and our first for mariota, I wouldn't complain at all.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
how has it been since? Do any skins fans you know really get excited about how good RG3 is developing into.

Foles went what 29:2, didn't help last year. Anybody can have a good year. RG3 is not that good. Watch the guy play...watch how bad he struggles when it's not tailor made to suit his limited skillset.

Foles is not RG3. Foles had a good (partial) year with incredibly unsustainable numbers. RG3's rookie year he was outstanding. Running and throwing, and his numbers were not inflated by things like a 7 TD game against the worst team in the league. Not to mention they play very different games and RG3 suffered a very serious injury. In his second season before getting injured he wasn't great, but he wasn't as bad as you are making him out to be, and last year he was battling injury and a ton of other issues. I'm not saying RG3 is the superstar QB he appeared to be his rookie season, but don't pretend like he didn't carry that team to the playoffs his first year.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
the jets traded revis for the pick. They didnt trade up.
true
my mistake-but just a couple picks after that, SF traded up to get probowl safety Eric Reid
it still happens all the time
if we could trade foles and our first for mariota, I wouldn't complain at all.
and I'd love to trade Vinny & our first to trade up to pick Connor McDavid
but that ain't happening either

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Foles is not RG3. Foles had a good (partial) year with incredibly unsustainable numbers. RG3's rookie year he was outstanding. Running and throwing, and his numbers were not inflated by things like a 7 TD game against the worst team in the league. Not to mention they play very different games and RG3 suffered a very serious injury. In his second season before getting injured he wasn't great, but he wasn't as bad as you are making him out to be, and last year he was battling injury and a ton of other issues. I'm not saying RG3 is the superstar QB he appeared to be his rookie season, but don't pretend like he didn't carry that team to the playoffs his first year.

are u kidding me with this rg3 bs. He is going to be out of the nfl soon enough. The shanahans did not draft him, snider did. THey then ran the easiest 1 read offense you could ever imagine and played ultra consveratively.

Robert had the lowest pass attempts over 10 yards of any starter ever, since that stat has been followed. Its not even close either. RG3 had an inflated completion percentage because of the insane amount of wr screens and short dump off the skins ran.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I still look at it this way, if you don't trade for Mariota you're essentially married to Foles. He's due a contract next year and if you don't give him that contract because he plays poorly again you're back at square one heading into year four of Kelly's tenure. The Eagles need to make this trade in order to avoid that situation. Kelly needs to make his mark and start the build towards the future now. It needs to happen, for better or for worse.

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
true
my mistake-but just a couple picks after that, SF traded up to get probowl safety Eric Reid
it still happens all the time

and I'd love to trade Vinny & our first to trade up to pick Connor McDavid
but that ain't happening either
Vinny isn't foles. Foles is easily worth a second.

Was Revis worth a first, I didn't think that at the time.

I'm not complaining about minor tradeups like the Reid deal.

I wouldn't do the JJ deal, ever.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
I still look at it this way, if you don't trade for Mariota you're essentially married to Foles. He's due a contract next year and if you don't give him that contract because he plays poorly again you're back at square one heading into year four of Kelly's tenure. The Eagles need to make this trade in order to avoid that situation. Kelly needs to make his mark and start the build towards the future now. It needs to happen, for better or for worse.

But you and I know that Mariota is no sure thing. You dont have to make the trade.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
Foles is easily worth a second.
nah

excluding the Eagles, these teams are shaky @ QB (Skins, Vikings, Bucs, Rams, Texans, Titans, Bills, Jets, Cardinals)

leaving: 9 possible destinations: he won't go to DC [rgiii gets another chances], the Bucs are taking Jameis, the Vikings are riding Bridgewater, the Jets give Geno one more year [we hope], the Cardinals have Palmer, Bills just made a trade for a QB

The only possible trade destinations for Foles are: Rams, Titans, and Texans.
Maybe Jets

Therefore, he's not extremely valuable because there isn't a huge demand and all of those above teams could potentially pick a QB high in the draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad