OT: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): HC Bowl - W2 Vs. LAR Onward

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Was really hoping Philly would land Freeman when I saw that he was coming for a visit.

But now that NYG wants to meet with him, I don't think it's going to happen. And it's a shame--I thought he could have provided a nice 1-2 punch with Sanders.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
shrug. A sharp post, and not that round BS, and that's at least probably not a pick by the corner. He sells a corner route zero percent on that. A sharp post and that's a TD IMO.

Was it I'll advised to force it on first down, sure. Nobody else is open, throw it away. Half a second earlier of a throw and the safety's not there too, so you can complain he's a little late too.

Edit: it's wide open from the end zone look.

that's one of throws favre was known for. He had the arm to get it to that receiver before the safety could slide over.

Last edited:

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

This was one of the funniest moments yesterday. Gase should have been fired right there on the field after that play. :laugh:

Not a huge Darnold fan & perhaps he just sucks anyway but I don’t think they particularly put him in a great situation. They’re probably going to be bad enough to be in the sweepstakes for Lawerence/Fields so I’d imagine they turn the page regardless if given the opportunity (probably have a new coaching staff too).

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
that's one of throws favre was known for. He had the arm to get it to that receiver before the safety could slid over.

Yep, that's basically the Mills Post. But it's not just having the arm. Favre changed football with his approach to that family of plays. Here's an excerpt from my favorite football article ever written: The Science of the Post: Going Deep with "Mills" | Smart Football

There was, however, one prominent West Coast Offense pupil who, let’s just say, wasn’t a big fan of when coaches would tell him to “forget about” a route that could be an instant touchdown. This particular pupil looked at the design of a play like Fox 2 X/Y Hook and didn’t see a safe, conservative, ball control pass, but instead an opportunity to blow a game wide open. And, in his own unique way, this pupil was not wrong. I am of course talking about noted offensive guru Brett Favre.

As Favre would explain to Jon Gruden in their excellent Gruden Camp special, when Mike Holmgren (or Jon Gruden) would draw up Fox 2 X/Y Hook and paeans to the hooks and checkdowns, Favre’s attention was instead drawn to the possibilities presented by that deep post route.

He's turned into a punchline, but Spurrier was a generational offensive mind and that's coming from a Georgia fan.

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
deciding to fair weather the NFL could be the greatest decision of my life

I'm basically checked out of football. Had wanted to do it for a long time, but would get dragged back in by something or other. I had prophesied in 2012 that Nick Foles would lead the Eagles to the Super Bowl, and six years/multiple teams later that came true, so that was kind of the end of it for me--it wasn't gonna get any better than that.

I've watched about 12 minutes combined of the Eagles' first two games and been expectedly underwhelmed, almost rooting for their failure. Because Nick Foles is not the QB, and I don't care.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Well the good news is that we may be in position to get Trevor Lawrence by season's end so the QB situation will be worked out beautifully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad