OT: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Eagles Defeat Giants 27-7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I think the D will get exposed against a good offense with a top QB. They're a good defense, but they're a shutdown corner and possibly outside rusher away from being truly elite. It's definitely nice to be excited about the D again though. I wonder if Hicks' emergence means that one of Alonso or Kendricks can get some time on the outside to be that pass rushing presence they need, or take over Barwin's responsibilities to let him focus on rushing more often.

The Giants are obviously the Giants but they went into the game with a Top 10 Offense. Yesterday was a damn clinic on the defensive side of the ball. It was very impressive to watch. Will a Brady or Rodgers pick them apart? Probably but they will pick apart the greatest of defenses.

Teams with 15+ takeaways and under 20 PPG allowed:

Jets
Broncos
Eagles

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
I think the D will get exposed against a good offense with a top QB. They're a good defense, but they're a shutdown corner and possibly outside rusher away from being truly elite.
weird that they looked totally inept during the giants first 2 drives and then totally unbeatable the rest of the game

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
The Giants are obviously the Giants but they went into the game with a Top 10 Offense. Yesterday was a damn clinic on the defensive side of the ball. It was very impressive to watch. Will a Brady or Rodgers pick them apart? Probably but they will pick apart the greatest of defenses.

Jets
Broncos
Eagles

I think what makes the Eagles even more impressive are their rate stats. Considering they're on the field for almost 2/3+ of the game EVERY GAME, they are killing it. I mean, everywhere you look has people stepping up.

The fact that Alonso & Kendricks have been hurt for this season and Jordan Hicks has stepped up is awesome. Hicks is looking to somewhat make up for Marcus Smith (kind of.) Love Hicks' athleticism.

The defensive line is the best though, man. Between Graham, Thornton, Logan, Cox, and Curry, they're looking so good.

I've changed my tune on Brandon Graham too. I never really liked him, he's showing me something this season.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Barwin was on WIP and said as soon as the Giants had to call plays, they were done.

He said the first drive was scripted (as normal)

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Speaking of Marcus Smith, watching him go against Flowers was so depressing. He's so weak. He looks smaller than last year somehow.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Bradford has 9 interceptions.

I would like for someone (not me) to list the play in which they happened. Ike Reese (who is a moron by the way) is blaming him for every one of them. I know like 2 were deflections off of a WR, I know the INT goes to the QB, but sometimes you have to look a little deeper.

I'm mostly intrigued.

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Bradford has 9 interceptions.

I would like for someone (not me) to list the play in which they happened. Ike Reese (who is a moron by the way) is blaming him for every one of them. I know like 2 were deflections off of a WR, I know the INT goes to the QB, but sometimes you have to look a little deeper.

I'm mostly intrigued.

I agree, but the same argument can potentially be made for the opposite. His TD to Cooper probably could've been picked off, too.

Basically, I agree with you. It's not all on Sam. I feel like I must be dumb because I don't think he's been as bad as everyone keeps saying.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Sam has been mostly bad, I'm not defending that jackass.

But there is a much bigger picture to paint.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I'm going to go off the top of my head:

Falcons:
1st interception came towards the end of the first half where Bradford got blasted and he just threw it up. The next play on defense Cox caused the fumble but Alonso was called for illegal contact. The 2nd interception was when it went off of Matthews' hands to seal the game.

Cowboys:
1st interception was in the end zone where Sean Lee made a pretty good play on the ball because he had his back turned when the ball was thrown. The second interception, I believe, went off Ertz's hands but I may be wrong.

Saints:
1st interception was the really awfully under thrown ball in the end zone to Cooper and the second was the one on Austin where Breaux made a great play. Austin didn't do Bradford any favors by heading up field.

Then yesterday's interceptions.

McNasty

Jan 20, 2007
Rutgers
I'm going to go off the top of my head:

Cowboys:
1st interception was in the end zone where Sean Lee made a pretty good play on the ball because he had his back turned when the ball was thrown.

Then yesterday's interceptions.

Lee made a good play to make the catch, but Bradford forced the ball to a receiver who was absolutely blanketed on the play.

Protest

C`est La Vie
Mar 28, 2008
Deptford, NJ

Jets
Broncos
Eagles

The Giants are a fraud. I'm not looking as far as over the course of the season, I'm looking at when/if this offense get's back to form (whether it's this season or next) and you're playing games in the post season. I think the defense still has a glaring weakness at corner that will be taken advantage of by someone like Rodgers, Palmer, Brady etc. Maxwell is a decent corner, but he seems to be a flag magnet and he can't cover crossing routes. Elite defenses don't have glaring weaknesses where, even as a fan you can say this is how you attack that defense.

A pass rush cures all though, so that's why I'm hoping Hicks frees up one of the other LB's to be more of an edge rusher since Graham hasn't been getting it done consistently.

weird that they looked totally inept during the giants first 2 drives and then totally unbeatable the rest of the game

Adjustments by the coaches, and/or just making better decisions/plays on the players part.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Maybe I'm looking for reasons for Bradford to still potentially be the guy.

Because you like the guy or hope they go far this season?

For everyone. Hypothetical case, Bradford doesnt improve and struggles the rest of the season. They decide not to bring him back. What do we do with the QB situation next season? Any guesses here? I do not think there is a FA QB out there at the end of this season. I know a few don't like Brock Osweiler and I know he has never started before but I thought he has always looked good. Even if he is a UFA, doubt Denver lets him walk especially since most think it will be his turn next season.

I guess it might come down to Sanchez and a drafted rookie...

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Is it weird I'm not really concerned about the Carolina game? I think we match up well against them. I guess my only concern is the short week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad