OT: Philadelphia Eagles: Jojo’s Favorite Time Of The Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I completely disagree. If you are giving up the draft picks or whatever you used to make a deal, extend the player so they remain with your organization. This feels like the wrong way to build a team? Using assets to acquire and then the player remaining unhappy?
This is the Trouba theory. Do you want the player? Yes. Would you be willing to pay top dollar? Yes. Do you want to pay top dollar AND give up Sanheim, Frost, Myers, 1st round pick, etc? No. that’s bad business.

Obviously there is a sweet spot where the quality of player, dollar, term, and trade compensation all make sense.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
The reason I was so in favor of trading for Anthony Harris was that Minnesota only wanted a mid-late pick. If a 5 gets it done, you can pay market rate for one of the few people on the planet who can play Single High VERY well. You can't give up a 2 and then pay UFA rates or you're Seattle.

Very happy with this. Take multiple swings at it.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
This is the Trouba theory. Do you want the player? Yes. Would you be willing to pay top dollar? Yes. Do you want to pay top dollar AND give up Sanheim, Frost, Myers, 1st round pick, etc? No. that’s bad business.

Obviously there is a sweet spot where the quality of player, dollar, term, and trade compensation all make sense.
I agree about that but football is slightly different in regards to compensation when trading for those players. Hopkins is worth easily a 2nd rounder and 18 million a year. Even more. Of course that thinking isn’t universal. Only for players determined that can be core pierces. Which I think Hopkins easily could have been here or anywhere.

And how dare you bring Trouba into this. You’re a nasty man.

and looks like I’m on an island here. It’s ok. I like chances. I like Hopkins. I wouldn’t make that type of deal for everyone.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I agree about that but football is slightly different in regards to compensation when trading for those players. Hopkins is worth easily a 2nd rounder and 18 million a year. Even more. Of course that thinking isn’t universal. Only for players determined that can be core pierces. Which I think Hopkins easily could have been here or anywhere.

And how dare you bring Trouba into this. You’re a nasty man.
Oh yeah. Hopkins for sure is worth paying that price (especially when you clear Johnson's contract at the position he plays). I was just talking in general.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
The reason I was so in favor of trading for Anthony Harris was that Minnesota only wanted a mid-late pick. If a 5 gets it done, you can pay market rate for one of the few people on the planet who can play Single High VERY well. You can't give up a 2 and then pay UFA rates or you're Seattle.

Very happy with this. Take multiple swings at it.

I'm also not panicking about this. I think there's a lot of potential for good, especially if JJ does some work in the offseason, Alshon rebounds to be contributor, Jackson is relatively healthy...plus grab a WR or two.

I can't see a scenario where they don't trade up draft one of the top 3 projected WRs, ideally at San Fran's 13 slot.

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
How on earth did they get a 4 for that contract????

dnno.gif

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008

Depending on price, I would potentially like this a lot. Also assuming that they would move him back inside.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
I saw reports last night saying the eagles were after Will Parks.

Guess that wasn’t true

looks like Howie is really going full draft on restocking this team. He needs to hit.

Last edited:

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Had no clue haha. All I know is he used to be good. Don’t know anything about how he’s been recently.

there really is no cb in this free agency class that can provide what the eagles need. If you're looking for a 3rd cb however there are some intriguing names out there.

Reactions: BigToe

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
there really is no cb in this free agency class that can provide what the eagles need. If you're looking for a 3rd cb however there are some intriguing names out there.

I mean, they need everything. Harris was arguably the best Slot Corner in football for ~6 years. Then they moved him outside last year. He's not built for that.

He's also going to the Chargers now. That Secondary is absurd if healthy, and there's still Adderley to come.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
I mean, they need everything. Harris was arguably the best Slot Corner in football for ~6 years. Then they moved him outside last year. He's not built for that.

He's also going to the Chargers now. That Secondary is absurd if healthy, and there's still Adderley to come.

i have no problem with Cre'veon or avante in the slot.

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013

Derwin James is the truth. Losing him last season alone was a deathknell for that team.

i have no problem with Cre'veon or avante in the slot.
Cre'von has potential. Maddox not so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad