OT: Philadelphia Eagles: Jojo’s Favorite Time Of The Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
realistically the best case scenario for us at 21 is Justin Jefferson at the wr position.

now at 21 you're praying cj henderson is there . THe difference in inportance between the two isn't even close. CJ henderson will be this teams best cb day 1. JJ may be this teams 3rd best wr day 1.

Jefferson isn't close to worth 21 to me, but CJ Henderson has absolutely no prayer of being there. That's a weird hypothetical. If you're going pie in the sky, at least argue Henderson vs your favorite of Ruggs/Lamb/Jeudy.

Besides, you want to spend 21 on someone who mostly played in the Slot with these TEs? Why do you think he can beat NFL Press beyond a slightly better than expected 40 time? He might be able to, but why specifically are you so optimistic that he's best case scenario?

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Jefferson isn't close to worth 21 to me, but CJ Henderson has absolutely no prayer of being there. That's a weird hypothetical. If you're going pie in the sky, at least argue Henderson vs your favorite of Ruggs/Lamb/Jeudy.

Besides, you want to spend 21 on someone who mostly played in the Slot with these TEs?

well who is the 4th wr in this draft then?

i dont want jj but clearly he is one of the few gettng buzz about being a first rounder.

CJ does have a shot to be there, Especailly if okudah falls out of the top 10 and if there is a run on qb's and olinemen that could happen.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
well who is the 4th wr in this draft then?

i dont want jj but clearly he is one of the few gettng buzz about being a first rounder.

CJ does have a shot to be there, Especailly if okudah falls out of the top 10 and if there is a run on qb's and olinemen that could happen.

Okudah out of the top 10? Where are you getting that idea?

Jeremiah is already on the record saying Henderson in the conversation in the top 10 and a top 15 lock while non-Combine attendees can't climb this year nearly as well due to availability issues for physicals. There's a significantly better chance you get WR 3 than CB 2. If he didn't distance himself from Fulton, I would understand this a little more, even if I think the draft community likes Fulton more than the NFL does.

Even if Henderson doesn't go top 15, you're telling me Dallas, Vegas, and Jacksonville are ALL passing on him?

Last edited:

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Okudah out of the top 10? Where are you getting that idea?

Jeremiah is already on the record saying Henderson in the conversation in the top 10 and a top 15 lock while non-Combine attendees can't climb this year nearly as well due to availability issues for physicals. There's a significantly better chance you get WR 3 than CB 2. If he didn't distance himself from Fulton, I would understand this a little more, even if I think the draft community likes Fulton more than the NFL does.

Even if Henderson doesn't go top 15, you're telling me Dallas, Miami, Vegas, and Jacksonville are ALL passing on him?

A cb does not make any of those teams contenders. Those teams have so many needs across the board that it would be silly guess what they do. if dallas passes up on him i could easily see us trade up for him. But i am pretty damn positive there is not going to be a wr at 21 we draft.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
So let's say they try to fix the secondary via FA...

What if they left the next day or two with:

- CBs: Logan Ryan and Desmond Trufant (probably have to draft another CB)
- SS: Vonn Bell (or stay pat with Mills)

In the secondary.

Are we happy?

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
So let's say they try to fix the secondary via FA...

What if they left the next day or two with:

- CBs: Logan Ryan and Desmond Trufant (probably have to draft another CB)
- SS: Vonn Bell (or stay pat with Mills)

In the secondary.

Are we happy?

I'm not happy. I rather use the remaining resources to fill a need long term instead of a stop gap.

I would not be oppossed to trading for a contract.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
i think its the right move. This team needs to get younger across the board and at some point you to made those hard decisions.

Peters and malcolm are gone along with sproles. Great leaders but its time to move on.
Malcolm can still play. Peters I was 100% on board with. This defense sucks. Even if he isn't at the top of his game, he is still probably our most consistent defender.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Malcolm can still play. Peters I was 100% on board with. This defense sucks. Even if he isn't at the top of his game, he is still probably our most consistent defender.

malcolm was great in the box. He was basically a lb on 3rd downs. He could not play in space anymore. ANd he wanted more money for deteroiating play. You have to move on.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
A cb does not make any of those teams contenders. Those teams have so many needs across the board that it would be silly guess what they do. if dallas passes up on him i could easily see us trade up for him. But i am pretty damn positive there is not going to be a wr at 21 we draft.

Those teams have stunningly huge needs at outside CB. Jacksonville would be starting Tre Herndon and DJ Henderson and is rumored to be heavily considering Henderson at 9 and you want me to believe they might pass on him at 20. The Raiders have Trayvon Mullen, who was a 2 last year and didn't play particularly well, then what? Daryl Worley? They, too, would have to pass on him twice within his expected range.

This is beyond the realm of reasonability. Fulton might make it to 21. You'll have a nice assortment of your preference of Gladney/Terrell/Diggs/whoever else you want.

Oh wait a minute. Did you get these ideas from Jeremiah/Brooks' Twitter mock? That thing was an abomination. We're in the season of Mocks where people are trying to play out scenarios for clicks. If the league loses its collective mind like that, I'd much rather pay the price to move up to 12 for Okudah and I never want to move up.

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
I'm a tad confused by the Eagles. Must be in the early stages of a much larger picture .. or I'm worried.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Those teams have stunningly huge needs at outside CB. Jacksonville would be starting Tre Herndon and DJ Henderson and is rumored to be heavily considering Henderson at 9 and you want me to believe they might pass on him at 20. The Raiders have Trayvon Mullen, who was a 2 last year and didn't play particularly well, then what? Daryl Worley? They, too, would have to pass on him twice within his expected range.

This is beyond the realm of reasonability. Fulton might make it to 21. You'll have a nice assortment of your preference of Gladney/Terrell/Diggs/whoever else you want.

Oh wait a minute. Did you get these ideas from Jeremiah/Brooks' Twitter mock? That thing was an abomination. We're in the season of Mocks where people are trying to play out scenarios for clicks. If the league loses its collective mind like that, I'd much rather pay the price to move up to 12 for Okudah and I never want to move up.

i think its too early to start talking real specifics of the draft, and not only that its a debate in which no person has a firm grasp on any understanding of teams wants and needs. That being said i think we can both agree the top 3 wr's will not be at 21. at that point you have to ask yourself do you reach for a position in which you potentially have 3 starters, or do you reach for a position in which you have zero projected starters.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
i think its too early to start talking real specifics of the draft, and not only that its a debate in which no person has a firm grasp on any understanding of teams wants and needs. That being said i think we can both agree the top 3 wr's will not be at 21. at that point you have to ask yourself do you reach for a position in which you potentially have 3 starters, or do you reach for a position in which you have zero projected starters.

You trade down. :)

Reactions: BigToe

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Really need structure on McLeod. There are 2 years deals and "2" year deals.

who is a trade up candidate at 21? the only real tradeup candidates at 21 are guys we probably should draft.

Love, Chaisson, Delpit, Fulton, Cesar Ruiz, Shenault, Mims, Terrell, Queen, Murray, and I'm sure some more.

21 is right in the range where you're going to have to get to guarantee yourself WR4/5 and some teams will have a big gap. Same goes for CB3/4. If you have a big gap, then you take one. If not, you try to move out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad