OT: Philadelphia Eagles: Jojo’s Favorite Time Of The Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Hargraves contract is structured more like a two year deal. 5 million cap hit for 2020.

Eagles still have around 35 or so million in cap space. Plenty to make moves still. If they are going to make some...

Last edited:

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I think Howie accepts he needs to take one step back this season and load up the roster with young talent they can develop. If they get lucky, they make a second half run, if not, he'll have a better idea of what he needs for the 2021 season.

As long as you have Wentz, rebuilds are one season.

tucson83

Sep 30, 2017
Hargraves contract is structured more like a two year deal. 5 million cap hit for 2020.

Eagles still have around 35 or so million in cap space. Plenty to make moves still. If they are going to make some...

i got the feeling this team is going to go backwards, i mean alshon will probably be gone, jackson he might not be the same player, that's going to hurt the passing game unless we trade up to take a receiver in the draft. i dont know about our running attack if sanders will the play he was last year, if not it will be all on ertz which i dont know how well he's going to play either since he got injuried, if howie doesnt get a wr and sanders struggles, the offense is going to be bad.

right now our secondary is bad, our dline is full of dts and not defensive ends, we cant get a pass rush at all, if we dont sign an end and a corner, the defense is going to get smoked. howie's plan to rebuild this team after signing wentz to a big deal, big mistake. the rebuild should have happened after they traded up to get wentz, going for now is going to blow up in howie's face.

not to menion having on offensive coordinator either, it's total mess right now.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
This team isn't going to rebuild as on a five year plan, instead, they've got the core in place on the lines, and the rebuild will be only the secondary and WR core, so at worst you're talking two years, one year to add a bunch of young guys and see who works, the second year to fix what didn't work the first year. If it jells this season, they'll be a holy terror the second half.

They're set at QB, RB, TE, OL, DL.

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
They're set at QB, RB, TE, OL, DL.
can't say I agree on this one.

TE sure. RB who cares, not an investment position.

Our DEs didn't do much last year. We have no viable backup QB, or project (I think sudfeld sucks personally). OL is also built on a foundation of glass. 3 guys who are great (but old), LG who is mediocre, and enigma at LT.

Can't say I feel stellar about it.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

That’s gonna be so weird.

Probably up to Gisele, she's the breadwinner in that family!
I'd think she'd prefer NY or LA, so for her, Boston v TB is a meh decision, except TB is closer to Miami if they want to hobnob.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Sooo. The more I think about the eagles moves this off season the more I think they are going to really gear up for next years free agency. My belief is they will be a leading team tying to sign Jalen Ramsey. Which is why we didn’t see them commit major dollars to Jones. Remember Ramsey specifically asked in the trade to LA that he wanted to be not tagged. The eagles were asked before the trade was finalized if they could beat their offer.

Schefter said the eagles did talk to Houston about Hopkins but the cost to acquire and pay him was too much (if true Howie can suck some major d) but I’m not privy to the ask from us that BOB was demanding.

at least that’s my hope. Ramsey is and will always be my target. I am hoping the Rams fall apart again and he is a possibility at the deadline.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Eagles also lack cap room, have a $10M jump with Cox next year, they have to clear out a lot of dead money - Howie knew what he was doing, he tried to keep the window open for two years, Jeffries drops a pass in NO and Wentz gets knocked out by a dirty hit.

Now it's time to pay the piper, tear down the team, clear out most of the older veterans, get the cap under control and build a base of young talent. It'll take a couple years to get most of the dead money off the books.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
that should be most teams MO. dont trade for a guy and give him the money. DO one or the other.
I completely disagree. If you are giving up the draft picks or whatever you used to make a deal, extend the player so they remain with your organization. This feels like the wrong way to build a team? Using assets to acquire and then the player remaining unhappy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad